First Timer

• Thread starter Berman74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Berman74

Very nice. Also don’t worry about watering them with the lights on. I do it all the time. Hard to water them in the dark ;-)

Is that a chunk of foil for good luck? Kidding. Nice work on the white walls.
Haha yes that's exactly what that's for...how much longer you think til I switch the cycle

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Whenever you want. The rule of thumb is in flowering they will stretch 2-3x the height they go into it as. Obviously there are some exceptions. The more Sativa the strain is the more toward 3x it’ll stretch. The more indica the more towards 2x it’ll stretch. It’s all about the desired finishing size and height. And in your case the size of your space will determine when you switch. But you can flower seedlings if you want. They just won’t get big or yield very much.

B

Berman74

Whenever you want. The rule of thumb is in flowering they will stretch 2-3x the height they go into it as. Obviously there are some exceptions. The more Sativa the strain is the more toward 3x it’ll stretch. The more indica the more towards 2x it’ll stretch. It’s all about the desired finishing size and height. And in your case the size of your space will determine when you switch. But you can flower seedlings if you want. They just won’t get big or yield very much.
Tha k you for all the insight I might give it one or 2 more weeks in veg then switch and see what happens I'll keep it posted

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Tha k you for all the insight I might give it one or 2 more weeks in veg then switch and see what happens I'll keep it posted
If you are going to use cfls i would switch now. Just my two cents.

B

Berman74

If you are going to use cfls i would switch now. Just my two cents.
Yes I'm keeping the cfls but I have different ones for when I switch it to the 12/12 cycle also gonna get another light setup I'm guessing more cfl light the better for the flowering stage

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Yes I'm keeping the cfls but I have different ones for when I switch it to the 12/12 cycle also gonna get another light setup I'm guessing more cfl light the better for the flowering stage
Yes but cfls have limited penetration so too big of a plant is not going to work better for you. They need to be close as possible without burning. After 12 inch cfl light is not effective, if you have plants taller than 8-10” then lower buds will probably be all larf. Just switch 12/12 and get your buds 2 weeks earlier.
If you take into account that it will stretch at the very least 50% to maybe even 200%..

B

Berman74

Yes but cfls have limited penetration so too big of a plant is not going to work better for you. They need to be close as possible without burning. After 12 inch cfl light is not effective, if you have plants taller than 8-10” then lower buds will probably be all larf. Just switch 12/12 and get your buds 2 weeks earlier.
If you take into account that it will stretch at the very least 50% to maybe even 200%..
Ok so I just switched to 12/12 cycle and used the 2700k warm cfls what can I give it for notes to help it, they got some rusting going on

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Ok so I just switched to 12/12 cycle and used the 2700k warm cfls what can I give it for notes to help it, they got some rusting going on
Pics. Close up and properly focused :)

Reverend Jim

Reverend Jim

Look good. Are they both the same strain? They look like they have different growth habits (could just be the angle). Consider some training - especially the one on the right.

B

Berman74

Look good. Are they both the same strain? They look like they have different growth habits (could just be the angle). Consider some training - especially the one on the right.
Screenshot 20180913 133409 Gallery

B

Berman74

I had to switch to outdoors with them, the light cycle kept getting messed up due to tripped circuits and other reason but they're doing way better outdoor annnd they're budding cant wait to harvest them so pumped

Top Bottom