First Topping

• Thread starter LoganatorDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoganatorDude

LoganatorDude

To keep it as simple as possible, would it be better to conduct the first topping on a plant at 3rd node after the development of the 6th node(for example)? Or should I top once the 3rd node is developed? I’m going to do a mainline, but not sure if toping at 3rd node right away is entirely appropriate as the plant would still be very young. Would it be better to allow the plant to grow up to the 6th or 7th node, then topping it down to the 3rd? Time is not an issue for me as much as shocking the girl. Or do you think maybe letting her go until 4th node and topping at 3rd? Any anecdotes or advice greatly appreciated!!

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

To keep it as simple as possible, would it be better to conduct the first topping on a plant at 3rd node after the development of the 6th node(for example)? Or should I top once the 3rd node is developed? I’m going to do a mainline, but not sure if toping at 3rd node right away is entirely appropriate as the plant would still be very young. Would it be better to allow the plant to grow up to the 6th or 7th node, then topping it down to the 3rd? Time is not an issue for me as much as shocking the girl. Or do you think maybe letting her go until 4th node and topping at 3rd? Any anecdotes or advice greatly appreciated!!
Hey bud I’m by no means an expert but I just asked same question a week ago and got some great advice on here.
Was told it’s best to let it grow to 5th or 6th node and then top down to the 4th node. Keep 4 remaining.

I’m sure others will chime in but if you post pics it’ll help them guide you better too. Goodluck mate 💨

quirk

quirk

After trial and error, I let my training method determine which node I top above and always start my count at first multi-fingered leaf. Happy training days.

Top Bottom