Fish Tank Filter

• Thread starter espo51
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

espo51

Hey guys, i have recently started my first hydro grow and had an algae scare. I feel like i caught it early and cleaned my tank and changed the water so my plants are ok, but i was wondering if a fish tank filter would work in a hydo set up. My only fear with it is that it will filter out the nutes. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P

Pot Boy

Well I dunno If I would use a fish tank filter way to expensive a cheaper alternative would be the stuffing used for pillows I used to use it for a salt water reef tank never a problem. You can get it at wally world or other discount chains.

A

afatsoweezer

what do you think is causing the algae to form in the first place?

L

LBZ Farmer

Hey guys, i have recently started my first hydro grow and had an algae scare. I feel like i caught it early and cleaned my tank and changed the water so my plants are ok, but i was wondering if a fish tank filter would work in a hydo set up. My only fear with it is that it will filter out the nutes. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I am very much into aquariums and a filter will not get rid of algea... Algea starts because it has light and nutrients... I am going to guess that you are using tap water and that will give algea a kick start. If so use RO water instead. Make sure you don't have light shining in the water reservior... no light no algea.

E

espo51

The problem was light leaking through the lid. I covered it with some tin foil on top and on the sides so no light can get through. Hopefully it works out.

I_Against_I

I_Against_I

I use a el cheapo aquarium filter one with a spout at the top helps circulate the water in the res. and adds oxygen to water too from filtered water splashing about.

E

espo51

so it wont filter out the nutes? and how do you keep it on your res?

Latest posts

Top Bottom