Fish tank water? . Can I use it for teas/watering?

• Thread starter Greenthumbsucker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you use a carbon filter to remove smell and heavy metals and bactia so pure again if inside but out door good hard with it 👻🚂♻️
Carbon filters are the worst thing you can use... any experienced fishkeeper will never use these.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Only 2 things In the world that smell like fish, and 1 of them is fish.
Depends on the habitat... sure fsh have a slime coat and stresses like poor conditions cause them to excrete more.

The smell comes froma buildup of organics and anaerobic conditions in the substrate. This produces hydrogen sulfide gas... not good for the fish and makes the tank reek. This is why if you have gravel you need to vacuum it and why I usually prefer capped soil or sand. Not enough water changes, to much food etc. The sand will keep everything on top for easy cleaning.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Depends on the habitat... sure fsh have a slime coat and stresses like poor conditions cause them to excrete more.

The smell comes froma buildup of organics and anaerobic conditions in the substrate. This produces hydrogen sulfide gas... not good for the fish and makes the tank reek. This is why if you have gravel you need to vacuum it and why I usually prefer capped soil or sand. Not enough water changes, to much food etc. The sand will keep everything on top for easy cleaning.
Can't count how many times I seen ppl never clean the gravel then then the one time they do they wake up to a bunch of dead fish or extremely sick gasping at the surface.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
AMan is right tho. Tank water in a well managed aquarium is really low ppm. I feed the garden plants with backwash from filters etc. Not the ladies tho. I don’t like the unknown element of the goo in the water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom