!!!!!flavor flav@#@# REad please>!>@>#

• Thread starter jvilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jvilla

Adding flavors with the proper technique will produce your favorite variety of smells and taste like whatever you want. Do not pour syrup or similar sugar based flavorings on the harvested herb because sugar will make a harsh taste. The best flavor enhancing starts while the plant is still growing. There are two main approaches, inside out and outside in. You can apply flavors inside the plant while it's still growing and you can try to add flavors after it's been harvested from the outside. Select a flavoring that is very concentrated. Take orange for an example. You could use orange juice but it contains natural sugars. You will find some concentrated flavor extracts in the grocery store. Vanilla extract is cheap and readily available, so is lemon extract (cooking variety). Other extracts can be found in stores that specialize in baking supplies. Vanilla is our favorite taste. A coffee filter works well for filtering fruits but it'll take a while to filter it all. You may have to change filters a few times. Concentrated extracts are the best to use. Use extracts shortly before harvest. Most extracts have sugar in them. Sugar will ferment and decay rapidly, even more so in a hydro unit. With hydro put the flavoring in the water between 1 and 3 hours before harvest. Anything longer will produce harmful bacteria. Plants draw up solution fairly quickly, one hour should be enough for some of the flavoring to reach the top. Three hours should not be enough time for bacteria to grow. Dump out the solution right afterwards and clean out your unit. Use plain water for a few days before harvesting your hydro crop so all that will be in the water will be the flavoring. Soil growing is easier. Let the plant dry out a little before applying the solution. Do it in the watering just before harvest. Give your plants plain water for the last two weeks and near the end do this process. When the plant is somewhat dry and craving water, give the plant the water with the flavor when it's a little bit thirsty and it will draw it right up. One hour is more than enough time.

5. Don't treat your whole crop this way while experimenting. Dirt growers will find this easy because they could use something different in each pot. Hydro people may want to isolate a plant or two with the solution. This wouldn't be very hard because you wouldn't need circulation for the short period of time it would be soaking in it. Try guava, pineapple, grapefruit, cherry, mint or even pina colada. Stronger and more concentrated flavorings will have a more pronounced effect than more dilute products. You need gallons of orange juice to get what you want but a half ounce of concentrated strawberry essence might do the job nicely. In short, experiment and see what works for you.
(from:http://www.seedbankupdate.com/cure.htm)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I heard of some kids adding flavor by running a thread thru their main stalk with a needle. the other end of the thread was submerged in a bottle of vanilla extract, in one case, and they also used peppermint. The teller of the story claimed the string wicked the extract into the plant and they ended up with flavored buds. Supposedly they had all kinds of flavors. Anybody else heard of this? I never wanted to screw with one of my girls like this...

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I know a dumb mother fucker named Ricky that did this. Did I mention Dumb Mother Fucker?
I call BULLSHIT!!! You cannot add flavors to a plant by injection.
Why don't you just buy that crap in high times they sell to spray on Schwag weed that has different flavors.
I have heard "stories" about people putting food dye in there hydroponic rez to turn the buds a different color. Still Bullshit!!!
I love the taste of the weed I grow. It does not need anything else added. Just a great flush and a proper dry and cure is all it need's.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I was at a club and a "vendor" brought in a sample of some weed that smelled like mint from my grandmas garden

I assumed he threw mint leaves in when he cured, he told me it was "genetically altered"

either way why would you want to smoke mint?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Why would someone want to smoke mint? Funny you ask that, I was fishing today and my buddy had one of those ciggarettes that has that little mint thingy in it where you squish it to get the menthal mint flavor. My guess cuz if it tastes like shit you gotta doctor it up.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Why would someone want to smoke mint? Funny you ask that, I was fishing today and my buddy had one of those ciggarettes that has that little mint thingy in it where you squish it to get the menthal mint flavor. My guess cuz if it tastes like shit you gotta doctor it up.

my thoughts exactly

squarepusher

squarepusher

i got a batch of blueberry once that really smelled like blueberries. Got great reviews.

edit: I don't know if the smell was doctored, but it must have been

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

The snozberries taste like snozberries...........

I also have heard of "kids" doing this.......

sky high

sky high

Don't be so sure, square. My BB cut is very berry in taste and smell and not a damn thing was added to it to flavor it during the grow (other than lotsa love).

Gotta agree...if the taste needs to be "improved" by such methods yer growing the WRONG strain. Kinda like the soil/hydro debate.....if it takes a soil grow to bring out the 'taste' in a certain strain it must not be very tasty bud to begin with.

s h

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I will agree on that blueberry tip, Sky. He ain't kiddin', folks :)
I was just wondering about the technique. I've used it to add food coloring to daffodils and tulips. Never needed to flavor my ganja, though, as "ganja" IS already my favorite flavor...lol

J

jvilla

I got 2 gr of some green before that smelled like bacon..... i read this artical and thought what if that guy did this... wonder if he put strips of bacon in his res???haha

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Bacon flavored nugz. Coming to Burger King. I can just see it.

I remember back in the day I got a p of some supers. When I got home and opened it up it smelled and tasted like soap. I asked my buddy what the fuck and he told me that he had to put bounce dryer sheets in the bags when driving cuz of the smell. Well everyone was pissed cus of the soap flavor.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Lol, reminds me of some gas tank schwag we got in the late 80's. I'm pretty sure it was about 88 octane... pretty stony- ever huffed gasoline? lmao...

420king-MASSES

makes me think back to the winter of 95 and some skunk 1 smalt and tasted like a perfumey soap

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

hey 420king, did that happen near Portland and Seattle? That is exactly when I got that. I remember there was a 10 pack of it that I seen. Glad I only took a p of it and not the other 9.
I know it came from Seattle for a fact and made its way down to Eugene after I passed it up.

420king-MASSES

naw i wish i was on the west coast and left coast livun n shit but no it was in western massachusetts //there has always been a pipeline down from canada to here so it would make sense if the weed your talking about came from the same commercial opp specializing in good greenery

J

Jalisco Kid

I know a dumb mother fucker named Ricky that did this. Did I mention Dumb Mother Fucker?
I call BULLSHIT!!! You cannot add flavors to a plant by injection.
Why don't you just buy that crap in high times they sell to spray on Schwag weed that has different flavors.
I have heard "stories" about people putting food dye in there hydroponic rez to turn the buds a different color. Still Bullshit!!!
I love the taste of the weed I grow. It does not need anything else added. Just a great flush and a proper dry and cure is all it need's.

I agree with why add to something perfect but you are dead wrong about changing flavors or colors. farmers do it a lot with cranberry and grape juice It is like pouring ketchup on a Chateaubriand .
I had a friend who smoked newports all day. I poured some peppermint oil in the nutes and the herb had a menthol flavor. JK

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I agree with why add to something perfect but you are dead wrong about changing flavors or colors. farmers do it a lot with cranberry and grape juice It is like pouring ketchup on a Chateaubriand .
I had a friend who smoked newports all day. I poured some peppermint oil in the nutes and the herb had a menthol flavor. JK

Well you are the first I have ever heard that it worked for them succesfuly.
I was basically talking about changing the colors or weed with food dye. If it can be done I want to see some pics. I still do not believe it too much though.
So your saying the cranberry farmer's put color dye when they feed the plants? And same with grape juice? I am still calling BS!
I am only talking about the feeding part during the plants life cycle while it is growing. Not after it is being processed.
I don't want to turn this into a arguement. I just never seen or heard of it working.

Tripsick

Tripsick

Here is the trick.

Buy good Genetics and use Water.. if you think any top dollar weed has had flavoring added to it your dead wrong.. More disinformation to get others to screw their crop up.

R

RMCG

Purdue chicken adds marigold flowers to their feed to get their chicken breasts that 'yellow' color.

If you didn't realize chicken meat is not supposed to be that color, try to eat better food.

You never did coleus experiments in school? Take a cutting of coleus and stick it in food coloring water. It will go up the stem and show in the leaves. It was to show kids water uptake in plants.

Top Bottom