flip dwc to 10 on / 14 off for 3 days to sex?

• Thread starter Girlonbikes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

Hi, my plants are at the end of their 4th week from seed and are growing extremely fast. I want to sex them so I know which males to throw out but none have shown their sex yet. Can I flip my tent to 10/14 for maybe 3 days to coax out the pre flowers and then flip through back to 22/2 like I’ve had them growing on? I took a cutting from each and have those in a dark room thinking I could leave them without light for a few days and maybe those would show sex quicker? Just trying to figure this out soon because the roots are getting big. Anyone try either of these methods with success? I don’t particularly care if my plants herm, they came from a seeded oz anyways and it’s just gonna be for my personal stash.
Here’s what they look like today at the end of wk4 from seed
1A480451-8C70-49C3-93C3-2B08110D2AFC.jpeg

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

I wouldn't do that personally but in my experience I just wait till I switch to flower and the males usually show themselves long before the female so you have plenty of time to get them out before possible pollination.

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

Yeah I kinda figured it was a bad idea I’ll probably leave my tent in veg for another week or two and hope that by then I’ll see some pistils. In the mean time I’m going to try and leave my cuttings in the dark for a day or two and then put them in the sun on my porch since the sun is about 14 hours a day right now and maybe that will give me an answer sooner than 2 weeks. Thanks for the input!

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

The other two don’t have anything on any branches near the node to give me an indication yet

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

I’m not worried about accidentally pollinating, I’m more worried that the roots will grow together so much I’ll have a hard time separating the plants which is why I’m trying to take the males out ASAP. I’m so close to just killing the one I think is male and then trying to separate the roots of the other two where they are now so that if I do need to pull another one it won’t be as hard

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

I ended up killing the one I thought was male. I don’t want three plants in a 3.5 gal res anyways. The other two I have left still haven’t shown their sex after a week of 12/12 and they’re almost 6 weeks from seed.

I’m trying to fill out the screen as much as I can and crossing my fingers for two females. If I only get one, I’ll probably kill the bucket and start over with the clone I took (I took one clone from each about a week ago).

I’m thinking about upgrading to a 5 or 6.5 gallon reservoir so that I can go a few days without having to fill up my bucket again. These two plants drink very fast and I can tell the res is getting filled with roots already.

D6CF91EB 7A3A 42A2 A365 B778E2801EA3
Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

8 days in flower and still no sign, except I’m pretty sure they lean sativa now

E607795F CD75 4A8F AFF4 3F61B6106A7B

Latest posts

Top Bottom