Flip 7
Flip 8
Flip 9
Flip 10
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Depends on how much space you have to work with and the height you want them to finish at. 2-3x is the general rule of thumb once they go into flowering. You can always train them to stay smaller but they will stretch once put into the flowering photoperiod. So plan accordingly.

J

Jay2341

My last ones g13’s I let them grow to much in veg as soon as it turned into flowering they got so tall I had problems with moving lights etc to be honest I don’t think they would of gone that tall, I New they would stretch but not big

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Next time you should train them so they don’t get too tall. There’s no point in growing buds that are going to get burned or bleached by the lights. They’ll be useless. You might as well focus the energy on usable budding.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i see pre flowers,so now be a good time,im restricted on size as far as height in a tent,so my rule of thumb is 16 in from soil surface,then i train and work the light up or down to control stretch with my MH bulb first 2 weeks of flower,then after 2 weeks in goes the HPS,if i use the led light i keep a daily look for stretch and work it closer to the plants,training and messing with lights will keep um from going threw the roof

J

Jay2341

i see pre flowers,so now be a good time,im restricted on size as far as height in a tent,so my rule of thumb is 16 in from soil surface,then i train and work the light up or down to control stretch with my MH bulb first 2 weeks of flower,then after 2 weeks in goes the HPS,if i use the led light i keep a daily look for stretch and work it closer to the plants,training and messing with lights will keep um from going threw the roof

The last ones was to tall plus yield wasn’t the best they just kept growing and growing

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

The last ones was to tall plus yield wasn’t the best they just kept growing and growing
get to working that light,what i do ,now im in a tent but i watch my temp gauge in the house and drop or raise that light for what the canopy temp is,example,if it 85 in the tent but only 75 at the canopy,i leave the light there and watch when my temp levels out and starts to raise with outside temp and canopy temp ,i raise it,drops i lower it,if you feel what im saying,with the HID lighting i can just run that heat out from the cool tube and fan,with this Led i cant ,this method has worked well but you got to stay on the game or you will burn the leaves,i shoot for 75 at canopy level,my temp gauge is at canopy level and i have the gauge in the house,the probe a canopy level

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

Typical foxtailing. That’s what you are trying to avoid. Heat and light stress can lead to that also light leaks coming in during the dark period can cause it as well.

Top Bottom