flipping the breaker

• Thread starter sshortguy1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sshortguy1

My mistake, I see that I was reading it wrong. I am going to go get a new breaker and hope for the best. Thanks for all the info. Is Spider Farmer really worth the cost?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

My mistake, I see that I was reading it wrong. I am going to go get a new breaker and hope for the best. Thanks for all the info. Is Spider Farmer really worth the cost?
If you want to go a cheaper route, you could order Kingbrite boards from China. I have a total of 8 kingbrite boards. Pros - cost less money. Cons - none that I have experienced so far but warranty issues might be one of them if something were to happen. Check shipping time and prices. It may or may not make sense to go this route so check before ordering.

The SF4000 is the only Spider Farmer light I own. It was a contest gift. So far it's doing well for me but I have not run it for a complete grow yet.

S

sshortguy1

If you want to go a cheaper route, you could order Kingbrite boards from China. I have a total of 8 kingbrite boards. Pros - cost less money. Cons - none that I have experienced so far but warranty issues might be one of them if something were to happen. Check shipping time and prices. It may or may not make sense to go this route so check before ordering.

The SF4000 is the only Spider Farmer light I own. It was a contest gift. So far it's doing well for me but I have not run it for a complete grow yet.
ok thank you for your response, I have3 doing pretty good under it right now bought an additional 1 to have 2 lights in the 4 x 4 tent, been hearing this soil & fertilizer with pegasus & madrassa names on it, I bought the soil no 4 for the last transplant into 3 7 gallon pots, I feel your pain, I can feel it coming out of my pocket, ouch, lol, right now I'm going to see how my 1st batch goes & wait till then that's $500.00, a lot of cash I have gotten me a tent its 81 degrees @ 49 % humidity, put the humidifier in the room that has the tent to help bring in the moister from their stats it's in their ranges

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

ok thank you for your response, I have3 doing pretty good under it right now bought an additional 1 to have 2 lights in the 4 x 4 tent, been hearing this soil & fertilizer with pegasus & madrassa names on it, I bought the soil no 4 for the last transplant into 3 7 gallon pots, I feel your pain, I can feel it coming out of my pocket, ouch, lol, right now I'm going to see how my 1st batch goes & wait till then that's $500.00, a lot of cash I have gotten me a tent its 81 degrees @ 49 % humidity, put the humidifier in the room that has the tent to help bring in the moister from their stats it's in their ranges
I use 5 gallon fabric pots. I've tried larger sizes but 5 gallon work best for me. I'm watering once every 3 days during flower. As for your lights? A lot depends on your grow space and budget but this is an area where you want to purchase the fixture with best quality components you can afford. Those fixtures usually have LED chips made by Samsung/LG/Osram and drivers made by Meanwell for example. I've got a small fortune wrapped up in my lighting but I added it over time ... not all at once.

S

sshortguy1

I use 5 gallon fabric pots. I've tried larger sizes but 5 gallon work best for me. I'm watering once every 3 days during flower. As for your lights? A lot depends on your grow space and budget but this is an area where you want to purchase the fixture with best quality components you can afford. Those fixtures usually have LED chips made by Samsung/LG/Osram and drivers made by Meanwell for example. I've got a small fortune wrapped up in my lighting but I added it over time ... not all at once.
my spouse used the lux meter on the phone and it showed between 7600 & over 8

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
new to the grow tent & led lights but concerned about fire b/c it blew today which was running a grow light a fan filter & heating pad & it flipped the breaker, it's on a 20 amp breaker which I took the heating pad & ran into another room so it wouldn't be on the same breaker, which the 1 light I bought wasn't enough for what I want to do it looks like it's doing fine on 3 plants but I want to grow 4 plants 2 vegetation stage & 2 seedlings which will require an additional light with they can connect to each other, is that how you fix your breaker issue or there's a weak breaker which needs replacing?
If you are blowing a 20 amp breaker then you are exceeding 2000w ( ball park) It should be a #12 wire to the receptacle with a different configuration on the plug. Where in the house do you have a 20amp located?....

S

sshortguy1

If you are blowing a 20 amp breaker then you are exceeding 2000w ( ball park) It should be a #12 wire to the receptacle with a different configuration on the plug. Where in the house do you have a 20amp located?....
i have 3 bedrooms the master bedroom the other 2 bedrooms is 20 amp breakers 20 amp on each bedroom

Ponky

Ponky

2400 watts. Which is enough for 2 1000 watt HPS lights. So if that circuit is blowing I'd want to know why. Maybe a hobo lives under the house and tapped a heater.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Common spots would be kitchen and bathrooms.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i have 3 bedrooms the master bedroom the other 2 bedrooms is 20 amp breakers 20 amp on each bedroom
That is odd I've never wired 20 amp circuits to any bedrooms I've wired....Unless maybe for air conditioning units.....down south. Breakers are only guaranteed to trip at their rating the first overload or short..after that the contacts have a spot on them, multiple trips can make that spot either burn out the contact or corrode it to the point of failure...not to say breakers won't work perfectly for years after a trip or 2 but multiple trips will eventually cause the breaker to fail. Fuses only fail once.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

@Ponky was correct about an outlet circuit tester. They are relatively cheap and easy to use to check to see if its wired correctly. Lowes/Home Depot/Menards/Harbor Freight have them.

Are you sure you're not sharing the circuit with another area? Plugging in a radio or vacuum cleaner can help you trace what outlets are on a given circuit. I'd map all your breakers out so you know what goes where. 20 amps should be plenty for a small scale grow.

Last but not least, check for the hobo squatting under the house. You never know these days. lol

Ponky

Ponky

That is odd I've never wired 20 amp circuits to any bedrooms I've wired....Unless maybe for air conditioning units.....down south. Breakers are only guaranteed to trip at their rating the first overload or short..after that the contacts have a spot on them, multiple trips can make that spot either burn out the contact or corrode it to the point of failure...not to say breakers won't work perfectly for years after a trip or 2 but multiple trips will eventually cause the breaker to fail. Fuses only fail once.
Where I live you don't use 20 amp breakers for bedrooms. And most receptacles are good to only 15 amp. 20 amps are for dedicated circuits and kitchen appliances. So if your bedrooms are run with 20s. Expect a decent headache when the time comes for a new Panel. Especially if you have new arc fault rules. Because then you change the panel and now every circuit with any problems won't turn on. Staple too tight? Well no power for you. Wire reversed on a socket somewhere? No power. Because odds are you can't buy a compatible breaker for what's there.

S

sshortguy1

here's the situation I had these in a grow tent with the humidity @61% & the temp @ 81 my spouse told me it looked like they are burned from the light they are not right on top of them they were originally 18 inches from the top as I have done in the 90s with the MH

Pic 2
Pic
Last edited:
Top Bottom