Flood and Drain setup questions

• Thread starter highgradeblend415
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

highgradeblend415

So i'm a first time grower and had a few questions, i'm thinking about going with the flood and drain setup and i get how it works but i'm not quite sure how to build one. If anyone has some pictures or diagrams that would be helpful thanks.

O

organiccoco

just type it into google and you should get instructions or maybe there is a tutorial around here? I'm new too so not much help sorry.:)

F

FastForward

Check out my grow diary in my sig - I was doing flood and drain for a bit, but the weather was too hot to keep nute temps down. Was using EF120. Might go back to it later on. If it wasn't for the heat it would have ruled...

C

CoughingMan

Building an ebb and flo setup is probably one of the easier ones to build because you don't need to run a bunch of tubing.

The mechanics of it are pretty simple really. The reservoir (which should be below your plants) will have a water pump in it. The water pump pumps water from the reservoir up into the tray with the plants, then when it gets about 3/4 full, you should have the water drain back to the reservoir.

checkout this article, it guides you along making both a drip system, and an ebb and flo system.

Here are pictures from their article of a basic ebb and flo diagram.

J

John Ditchweed

here you go it may be a bit smaller than what you want but it is the basic idea........

Top Bottom