Flood frequency

• Thread starter steelyeyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steelyeyes

I'm about to root some clones into my pots. I'm pretty sure we're going with straight hydroton unless someone can come up with a really good reason to add rockwool or something.

What I need to know is how many cycles a day should I go with? I was thinking 6-7 since hydroton doesn't saturate. With rockwool I'd guess at 1-2 times with the waterline just touching the bottom of the cubes...and some hand watering to give them a good start.

Is that anything close?

I'm usng and ebb and grow system with Aquaflakes A &B, their enzyme booster, and their root excellerator, at about 6.0 pH and a dash of peroxide once a day to keep algae down. I've got an airstone in the tank to turn it over, although it doesn't totally prevent some settling of the nutes.

Thanks,

N

noone88

Freshly rooted clones: once every 4 hours, flood high. The tray should flood and drain within 15-20 min. You can drown clones if you keep the tray flooded for too long

Flowering: once every 3 hours (4 times). Half way through flower, I squeeze in another flood cycle a few minutes before lights out (5 times total). The tray should flood and drain within 20-25 min.

Top Bottom