Floppy tips and yellow on lower leaves

• Thread starter Eternulwinter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Day 16-So my autos are in foxfarm ocean forest and I only been watering every 3 days.Everything has been looking very mint until yesterday some of the tips have gotten like balloons when they are deflated and yellow tips like there’s no life in the tips can anybody help me identify with the issue may be.the lights not too close 24 inches as recommended by horticulture but🤷🏻‍♂️Only bottom leaves.Not sure how I can be a nitrogen shortage because it’s only 16 days old and it’s Fox Farm so it should be plenty in there

Floppy tips and yellow on lower leaves
Floppy tips and yellow on lower leaves 2
Floppy tips and yellow on lower leaves 3
Floppy tips and yellow on lower leaves 4
Floppy tips and yellow on lower leaves 5
Floppy tips and yellow on lower leaves 6
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What's the pH?

I'm not sure about the leaf tips, but it looks like you have a slight magnesium deficiency. Do you have epsom salts handy?

It could be pH related, but it wouldn't hurt to add a teaspoon per gallon of water, next time you water.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

What's the pH?

I'm not sure about the leaf tips, but it looks like you have a slight magnesium deficiency. Do you have epsom salts handy?

It could be pH related, but it wouldn't hurt to add a teaspoon per gallon of water, next time you water.

64B0B440 06D8 4B92 B747 0B3B5ABFAF67
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I can get some.what gives away the mag def?
The leaves are a slightly lighter color green between the leaf veins. It's noticeable in all pics, but especially the fourth one. This is the very earliest stage of deficiency.

BTW, don't expect the symptoms on the leaf to go away. They just won't spread further up the plant if you fix the situation.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Thanks for helping. they do not need to be watered for another day or two is it OK to spray it on the foliage

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Maybe the tips are nute burn? I haven’t added anything they are only growing in foxfarm ocean forest I have not put anything in it

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The tips are from nute burn.

Don't feed anything but water at this stage.
Where are your lights in relation to the tops of the plants?

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

The tips are from nute burn.

Don't feed anything but water at this stage.
Where are your lights in relation to the tops of the plants?
As recommended by horticulture 24 inches from the tops.I have not put anything in the soil no bites but the soil is Foxfarm ocean forest

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Led light ?

The humidity is awful low for veg.
It is 100 W LED horticulture I was running it around 70 but my perlite on top started turning green so I backed away from the humidity.And also because some of my bottom leaves start of the shrivel were the tips are yellow didn’t know if it was a humidity issue

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

It is 100 W LED horticulture I was running it around 70 but my perlite on top started turning green so I backed away from the humidity.And also because some of my bottom leaves start of the shrivel were the tips are yellow didn’t know if it was a humidity issue
So the humidity change to under 50% is only begun today

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Your light is not strong enough at only 100w. Move it down to 12 inches from the top of the plant, or if it has a dimmer, turn it up to at least 80%. If the plant does not get enough light, it will look like all kind of issues. Give it more light.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

I talked to horticulture and they said do not move any lower than 24 inches until flowering then lower it to 18 for my model

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Your light is not strong enough at only 100w. Move it down to 12 inches from the top of the plant, or if it has a dimmer, turn it up to at least 80%. If the plant does not get enough light, it will look like all kind of issues. Give it more light.
Are you sure?? I’ve been told by numerous places to keep it at 24 this is R spec 100 by horticulture

Arkos

Arkos

It is 100 W LED horticulture
I'm going to have to agree with @mysticepipedon the substrate probably lacks adequate magnesium for led lighting.

I have 3 different types of LEDs all same watts,
1 that's only white light another that adds far reds and a 3rd that adds blue diodes.
Plants under the 3rd lamp demand the most mg in the room.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Hmm... I was thinking of the wrong light. That is a nice light, but you are growing cannabis, not lettuce.
Move it to 18 inches at 80%
This one doesn’t have any dimmers or anything you’re just supposed to move it closer and further away I think

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

I'm going to have to agree with @mysticepipedon the substrate probably lacks adequate magnesium for led lighting.

I have 3 different types of LEDs all same watts,
1 that's only white light another that adds far reds and a 3rd that adds blue diodes.
Plants under the 3rd lamp demand the most mg in the room.
I can’t currently add anything because I’m waiting for the soil to dry up can I put it in a spray bottle to add mag by means of Epson salt?

Top Bottom