What do you use

• Flora Kleen

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Clearex

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters
justiceman

justiceman

Hey everyone so I would like to compare Flora Kleen with Clearex. They are both mineral salt leaching products meant to help flush your medium of excess mineral during lock out, or to help flush out the minerals from your medium for the last couple weeks of flower before harvest. My aim is to find out witch one out of the two is a better product.

Here are my questions. Do any of you guys use these products? Witch do you like better? Do any of you no what the ingredients are and how they help to release the bond the Ionics have to the medium? So far I am leaning with Flora Kleen being better purely based on its dilution ratio. So what do you guys think?

Here is the general information on them

Flor Kleen

Price: around $9
Dilution ratio: 1-2 tsp(5-10ml)
additional comments: could not any list of ingredients

Clearex

Price: around $13
Dilution ratio: 1-2 tbs(15-30ml)
additional comments: contains sucrose and fructose If I'm not mistaken.

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

I use Clearex and it works well for me, I have better results when I use 15ml over 30ml.
Never used flora kleen so I can't say...

yezmar420

yezmar420

I use nothing but plain RO water for the last two weeks...works best for me.

justiceman

justiceman

I use nothing but plain RO water for the last two weeks...works best for me.

Good point yezmar. I forgot to add that as a poll option. Feel free to post if you use just R/O without any clearing solution.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

FloraKleen - Used for first 2-3 days in a 10 day flush (ro water only last 7-8). Burns clean.

Also using it for preventing salt buildups in coco. Currently using it @ 5ml/gal w/ ro water every 4th day & have had ZERO deficiency/lockout issues like I used to. This is w/ OG over 1 mo veg. I will now begin pushing it (every 7th day, every 10th day etc) since I'm sure I'm overdoing it a bit at every 4th day.

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

I've used both but go w/ Flora Kleen right now. I use it usually 3 times during the grow (5ml/gal) and then to for the first flushing (10 ml/gal). I then use their FloraBlend for 2 flushes and then a couple of plain r/o. I always get nice n tasty buds.
I dont want to bad mouth Clearex as I like a lot of their products. It just takes a bit more and my friends who use it generally see significant yellowing of leaves during the last week or 10 days while mine stay greener. More photosynthesis during ripening is good right? I am seriously not that scientific so I really dont know the answer.

justiceman

justiceman

Used for first 2-3 days in a 10 day flush (ro water only last 7-8). Burns clean.

Also using it for preventing salt buildups in coco. Currently using it @ 5ml/gal w/ ro water every 4th day & have had ZERO deficiency/lockout issues like I used to. This is w/ OG over 1 mo veg. I will now begin pushing it (every 7th day, every 10th day etc) since I'm sure I'm overdoing it a bit at every 4th day.

Witch one is it that you use darth fader?

I've used both but go w/ Flora Kleen right now. I use it usually 3 times during the grow (5ml/gal) and then to for the first flushing (10 ml/gal). I then use their FloraBlend for 2 flushes and then a couple of plain r/o. I always get nice n tasty buds.
I dont want to bad mouth Clearex as I like a lot of their products. It just takes a bit more and my friends who use it generally see significant yellowing of leaves during the last week or 10 days while mine stay greener. More photosynthesis during ripening is good right? I am seriously not that scientific so I really dont know the answer.

I know what you mean about the dilution ratio. Flora Kleen certainly wins in that aspect, but you say that your friends get more significant yellowing during the last week or so with Clearex where as your plants stay greener with Flora Kleen? does that mean the Clearex might be more efficient at removing salts regardless of the dilution ratio? Interesting comment indeed.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Interesting thread, also should add AN final flush. Been playing around with all three product lately, but not done any head to head testing yet.

For sure i think your friends yellow leaves are a sign that they are getting better results. Means plants have used up all the nutes i think.

JB

justiceman

justiceman

sugar water the both of them.

I'm wondering that as well. I have heard that they are completely unnecessary and are just some sugar water products.

But they somehow claim to loosen the bond of Ionics to the medium. I wonder how they do this?

If they are just sugar water product's then wouldn't using molasses as a flush achieve the same affect?

Interesting stuff. I want to beleive it works, and that their has to be something to those products, but what is it?

S

SkyHi

They are just sugar products (glucose and sucrose) i believe. Thats how they break the bond between your nutes and the medium. It wont explain exactly what happens in the bond breaking process in our case...but it gives a general idea how thing work. you might also click on the cellular respiration if your interested.

C

cheyenne

Exactly Skihi. Respiration and osmosis i believe....im usually wrong when i believe something, but i could be wrong about being wrong....more digression.

self depreciating humor...the only kind

justiceman

justiceman

What about this comment?

Flora Kleen is a blend of acids in a dilute solution. It flushes excess salts with the magic-like power of osmosis. Many growers know to use it, as directed on the label, for the final week of your grow. But it should also be used during your grow.Give it to your plants once per month, or every 4 resevoir changes. Allow it to run through your system and irrigate your plants for the duration of one day. And then at the end, run it for one week.

That's from the GH blog. I know the magic like power of osmosis sounds gimmicky lol. "A blend of acids in a dilute solution" interesting..... Man that sure would be lame if all those products are just sugar water.

D

Deep Dream

I would say that the Clearex works better based on what you said... If the leaves yellow, then the product is working... The goal is to flush the nutrients out of the plants... So if they stay green when using Flora Kleen, then I would say that it didnt work.

Top Bottom