Floramite...use it during flowering or no??

• Thread starter ChickenJoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ChickenJoe

Lets here everyones opinion on if its cool to use floramite in flowering and if not, when is the latest you should use it on a plants life cycle?

P

primeform

well, if you sell it to people that already smoke meth it shouldnt be a problem. they would probably like the extra chemicals free of charge.

i wouldnt do it personally. theres some natural options that are supposedly good but ive never used them so I wouldnt be able to recommend them (sns 217 - rosemary oil). what I would do is make sure to spray any mothers or vegging plants in your house with them. and remember to use it as a preventative measure right before you start flowering.

ncga

ncga

we need an auto sticky on

Miticides

Insecticides

Fungicides

nc

A

amstercal

Here's the label info on Floramite. It says it hangs out for 30 days, but it's so very nasty and harmful to humans, I wouldn't do it in flower, especially if they're already showing signs of flowering. Just not worth the health risk, IMHO. Apparently it gets in your dna and messes that up too.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I recently read the PDF of the label, and while Floramite expresses acute toxicity via contact, I don't remember reading about an especially long harvest interval, and remember very clearly reading that it does not cause cancer, birth defects, or anything long-term like that.

This label is not a complete label, and doesn't give any of the pertinent information. Let's see if I can find what I was reading just last week (because I know what's touched this off).

This is the label people should be reading: Floramite SC Label + MSDS.

These are some of the precautionary statements, including how it's to be used on GH tomatoes prior to harvest.

Floramite SC said:
RESTRICTIONS:

For greenhouse tomatoes, do not apply within 3 days of harvest.

Do not make more than two (2) applications of FLORAMITE SC per crop per year.

Do not apply more than 32 fluid ozs. per acre, per year.

Apply FLORAMITE SC by ground equipment such as, but not limited to, compressed air sprayers, hydraulic sprayers, ground boom sprayers, air blast sprayers, hose-end sprayers. Do not apply by aerial application.

It should be noted that Floramite is flammable.

I'm including the MSDS of both Floramite and Floramite SC. Scroll to page 5 on both pdf files, then start reading from there. It is acutely toxic, especially by breathing it in or via skin absorption. I'm not sure if it's obvious to all that these test are using fresh product. It is ACUTELY toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates and must be kept out of the environment, especially waterways.

Here's the meat of the question being answered in the Floramite SC MSDS:
Floramite SC MSDS said:
MUTAGENICITY
Component (Bifenazate): Negative
CARCINOGENICITY
Component (Bifenazate): Negative
TOXICITY TO REPRODUCTION/FERTILITY
Component(Bifenazate): Negative
You can put that in your pipe and smoke it. Or, try a tomato.

It is not only incorrect to state that it's only used for ornamentals, other assertions are incorrect here and need correcting.

View attachment FloramiteSC-MSDS.pdf View attachment FloramiteMSDS.pdf
R

Relaxed420

For something so horribly detrimental to human consumption, kinda funny how they DO recommend for TOMATOES.... Don't people consume these once in a while? If it was so horrible why would they not recommend 'ONLY ON ORNAMENTALS' if you should not use on consumables?

These are just questions that someone might be able to answer because I can't (or I wouldn't be asking). I have always been advised not to use FM in flowering unless it A) was in the first week maybe 2nd week if it's a long runner AND B) the infestation is too bad for organics you might be trying already... But if you are that early and have a bad infestation, then I might suggest a better bug control system earlier on in your veg cycle. You SHOULD be putting plants into flower that do not have visible signs of bugs, if they do, you should be treating B4 you flip the lights (even if you have a tight schedule do the bug control before you flip).

Once you are in flower for a few weeks, you should be using a rotation of a few things that have a shorter 'active' period. Neem, Rosemary oil, fish oils, phrythium products, ect. Get yourself like two - three different ones and rotate from week to week or spray to spray, remember that these mites lay thousands of eggs EACH and they hatch in 2/3 days so you must keep up the initial spraying every other day the first week and maybe even into the second week for heavy infestations, but once you have it controlled then once a week for maintainance should be good till it's time to flush.

Heavy products like Judo, Floromite, ect. are useful to me in my mom area, keeping that room clean and bug free is the key to the rest of the rooms staying bug free and helps my flowering rooms stay bug free with minimal pesticides. IMO

A

amstercal

So Sea, what's your conclusion on that? I'm so glad you're doing some better research on this. I got stumped. I usually err on the side of caution and hate to use anything other than organic pesticides during flower, but that's just me. Have you seen any info about the effects of it being inhaled during combustion or vaporization rather than ingested? And isn't floramite so successful (and please correct me if I'm wrong) because it breaks the egg cycle by making females sterile?

When I was pregnant, the pharmacist and I had a long talk about some medications. Even though one said it was safe for pregnant women, he went back and saw the original studies said it had caused birth defects in mice and told me not to use it. Perhaps he was being paranoid. I realize we're not bugs, but still.

I guess my thing is, yes mites are conceivably the most annoying creatures alive, but past the first couple of weeks of flower, it is very easy to if not eradicate them then at least control them through the end of flower so they don't affect your buds with things like Azamax or Safers. Why bring a gun to a knife fight if you're not 100% on the far reaching effects of the gun?

Again, so glad you're on this and please correct anything I've said that's incorrect. Happy to be corrected.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
you really that stupid?

That is not cool. As far as spraying poisons, better safe than sorry imho. you can smoke that shit all you want.

me? no thanks. I do not want your poison and I would want to know if you used that poison on your crop and supposed "medicine".

You going to trust and just rely on the manufacturer information?

isnt that contradicting advice there? can spray 3 days before harvest yet has a 21 days residual.

I am very thankful for pesticide screening. wish it was more cost effective so everyone could have safe meds. also helps to weed out the unprofessional growers with no morals or that do not smoke. NOR CARE ABOUT SAFE MEDICINE.

floramite is an abused and mis-used pesticides.

Around california can go around and ask local shops. Many got it hidden under the counter to sell. Mostly without instructions. unfortunately that all contributes to the borg and unsafe medicine...

misinformation can depend on your point of view. The independent lab doesn't lie about the residue. floramite can leave residues in cannabis. do we know FOR SURE what it will do? no. I dont want to take the chance myself.

STAY SAFE

the rrock

the rrock

I fuckin love floramite, I spray in veg if I need it or not,usually six weeks in a 20 week veg cycle, have not had a mite in over 5 years although I know they are lurking

U

Udyana Peace

Oregon is the 2nd largest grower of ornamental plants (behind California) so just about everything is available at the wholesale houses that sell to professional horticulturists.

Floramite sits on the shelf with a myriad of miticides/insecticides/pesticides - it is NOT the cure all to be all that some in the cannabis growing community think it is.

One example is that of the 6 major strains of spider mites that confront growers around the world, Floramite is effective on 3 strains. Only.

That's from their own information at the manufacturer's web site. It's only 'equal' to a completely organic miticide - EcoTrol.

HTH

UP

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have not used Floramite, and it's the sort of thing that I would only use as a last resort. But, I'm generally like that with pretty much all chemicals. And if I do have to use them, it's judicious and always incorporated into a suite of Tx's, never relied upon solely or as my first reach.

I have used Avid, and I only needed to use it once. I have either Floramite or Forbid on hand but that hasn't been opened. Thank my lucky stars, but then I got those root aphids...

Lavender extract or something like that... drawing a blank, jaykush wrote about it and then someone somewhere else wrote about France's 'program' to test out and confirm utility of that and other plant extracts... shit, I hate when I draw the blank.

U

UCtestn

I have no problems using a rotation of forbid4f, floramite and avid in my veg rooms. I drop them 15-30 days before the flip. By then, I throw a boat load of ladybugs in the room...

Let's not forget to water in nematodes during early veg and every 4-6 weeks there after... cheap insurance!

M

MIway

Lets not forget full dunks with hort oil... smothers even the eggs, one application.

W

weedgirl

I hope no one mind me reopening this old thread, but I about to treat with Floramite in week 7 of flower.

Would it be true to say that Floramite does not affect the life of the plants or the taste or high from the weed in any negative way? So it's all good apart from the supposed health risk?

RELOADER212

RELOADER212

I have fought with mites on almost every grow. So i decided I would learn all i can about them, and I had to read countless articles about their behavior and characteristics. I only do small personal med grows with just a few flowering plants at a time. This smaller amount lets me inspect each plant closely. i use a microscope on them from the time the plants start early veg, and routinely spray them in veg with liquid ladybug, and then reinspect. i will even mark leaves that are suspect. I have found that mites start at the bottom of your plant and get in all that lower growth. The stem is their highway up your plant, so make sure you spray the stem good. I remove all the lower 1/4 growth on my plants, I feel it slows down mite infestation greatly. I like liquid ladybug because it is completely organic. It is basically peppermint oil that clogs the respiratory tract of the mites. It does not kill the eggs though, but again if you are inspecting your plants with a microscope regularly you will know what is going on. I suggest removing heavily infected leaves( more then a few eggs), or mite activity. I hate those little bastards with a passion.

S

Shamanfarmer

I hope no one mind me reopening this old thread, but I about to treat with Floramite in week 7 of flower.

Would it be true to say that Floramite does not affect the life of the plants or the taste or high from the weed in any negative way? So it's all good apart from the supposed health risk?

It would be true to say the floramite does not affect the life of the plant or the taste or the high, but it might kill you or drastically shorten your lifespan. But who really cares about that anyway, live in the moment fuck the future.

G

grinkeeper

NO PEST STRIPS. or VAPONA STRIPS. the yellow bars in a white plastic hanger... these are great preventative once you get your population under control..there about $10 each

also pre tricombe development you can use 50/50 iso/water// it works to dissolve mite bodies and eggs but will also dissolve tricombes.. so early bloom only..

foggers can work too...also there is a new plug in fogggers that are avaiable that you can add your own insecticide.. have used ithem my self but have seen them on amazon.com

dont use neem or end-all on buds.. taste is horrible..also it will burn like fire works.. like adding gun poweder and it makes your buds crackle and even sparkle.. scared as shit as to what there smoking ..

mites love it dry and hot.. so drop temps and add humidty will slow reproduction of the mites...

Top Bottom