Flouros in the flower room??

• Thread starter Cannabishop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cannabishop

So Farmers, here's the question:

I have a 4ft, 4 bulb sunblaster that I am not using in the veg room right now and was wondering if there is any benefit to putting it in the flower room for side and lower lighting?

Bulbs are in the veg colour spectrum. Haven't checked to see if I can get a different bulb yet.

Just looking for thoughts and any past experiences.

Peace and thanks for the replies,
Jimmy

p.s. here are a few shots of the veg and flower rooms.

Growshow 225 mediumjpg
Growshow 229 mediumjpg
Growshow 230 mediumjpg
Growshow 247 mediumjpg
Growshow 249 mediumjpg
C

Cannabishop

Cheers. Anyone have some good suggestions for t5 flowering bulbs?

M

maimonides

Here are some 4-foot Agromax T5's with flowering spectrum:

$7.95 for a 4-foot 54 Watt bulb is the best price I've ever seen.

O

Old Yeller

I use a 4' 8 bulb & a 2' 4 bulb T5 along with my 600W HPS in my flower tent with great success.
The best T5 bulbs are made by Philips - the cheap 3000K & 6500K chinese tubes that come stock with most fixtures are OK, but i'm using some blue & red Rare Earth Phospher tubes from,
http://advancedtechlighting.com/philipspricolor.htm
and they will make a big difference (when mixed properly) over the standard bulbs. They're expensive but last so long with minimual lumen loss over 3 years that i don't care about the price.

R

robbiedublu

The more light the better. That said, it may be more hassle to hang it in a useful spot than it's worth. You would want it underneath so as not to block your main lights and then you have to move it or squeeze around it somehow in order to water or inspect or work with your plants at all. I added UV lights to a grow once and it was a real PITA. Just my 2 cents.

C

Cannabishop

Thanx all for the help, but I agree with Robbie. Big PITA!

I hung it easily enough but working around the damn thing was a pain in the ass.

I just started 75 clones so I will use the flouro's in the veg room and buy another 600w for the flower room.

Almost time to put the ladies outside:smiley_joint:.

Peace,
Jimmy

p.s. New question........

I have Advanced N, VHO. I have made it a foliar spray but when I read the directions it almost sounds like they recommend a single application ONLY.

N E one using VHO?? I would appreciate some guidance.

S

snowkitty

I had florescent side lighting in my room because it came that way before my time. I couldn't find anyone insisting on its importance and wanted to cut my power costs so I took them out. I see the logic people have been posting about more light on the sides getting the lower buds...makes sense...let's hope I don't wish I didn't rip it out. Haha. For now I need the lower power bill and the room to re-do my walls in plastic.

C

Cannabishop

Frickin hermies

So I stroll into the flower room the other day and notice some unusual development on one of my Da Purps.

I left it alone for a day since I have never grown it before and what do you think I found last night??

A Fuckin Hermie!!

Moved that asexual bastard out of the room and took some pics so you all can see.

I was about 8 hours ahead of shim dumping her load on my ladies.

Peace and whew,
Jimmy

p.s. Will it seed itself? If it does, can I grow out the seeds and try and grow out the recessive hermie gene??

Growshow 251 Medium
Growshow 252 Medium
Growshow 254 Medium
Growshow 255 Medium
Growshow 257 Medium
Growshow 258 Medium
Growshow 259 Medium
Growshow 260 Medium
Top Bottom