Flow of water timing coming out

• Thread starter detroiit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
detroiit

detroiit

Hello,

Was setting up an auto irrigation system using manifolds etc...i didn't have the time to test but the answer my seem obvious...just wanted to get some input. If you have (2) 1/4" tubing lines filling up a bucket at 25 seconds.....if you were to TEE the 2 lines so have 4 filling up a bucket would the timing change?

Flow of water timing coming out

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

No because the initial input is the same. If you t and double pressure you fill in half the time.
in this case speed of fill is determined not my number of hoses but pressure in the hoses.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Provided the pressure is kept ths same and they are coming from a manifold that has more flow than the total lines then yes it will double. Once you start adding lines you may see the pressure decline depending on the total volume of flow and the pumps capability. Or any other such addition that reduces flow to below that of the combined lines.

detroiit

detroiit

My initial thought was it would be slower since they line is being split. I have 3 bubbler manifolds with 8 ports/lines all with 2 open flow tubings running to pots. So one bubbler manifold feeding 4 pots. I wanted to tee all the lines and I thought upon doing so with pump and everything remaining the same if fill speed would be the same.

Top Bottom