Flower development stalled at 4 weeks. Why can't I do this?

• Thread starter CannaDana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

^ This is true, the only time I've ever noticed big changes seemingly overnight is the stretch before flower and right towards the end of flower, when the nights are getting colder, they fatten up like crazy and really push those trichomes... I imagine watching them flower indoors is kind of like watching paint dry lol.
This is my first grow in coco. It was like a sprint race. Every day I'd come in to visible change. Every day I was training, cutting, measuring moisture, adjusting water flow, frequency and volume. Then training into trellis net, and defoliate, defoliate, defoliate. (And I'm one who barely defoliates). At 4 weeks I decided the plants needed another week to veg completely to the sides of the tent - they did not. Once flower stretch started, I was busier than every trying to keep distance to the light. Ended up pulling all the plants during flower and replacing the tent, and trying to re-weave the tops back through the net.

And then .... crickets. My plants are growing, but without my help other than filling the reservoir. It went from painting the room for 8 weeks to watching it dry the past 2 or so. Makes me feel like I should be doing something.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

This is my first grow in coco. It was like a sprint race. Every day I'd come in to visible change. Every day I was training, cutting, measuring moisture, adjusting water flow, frequency and volume. Then training into trellis net, and defoliate, defoliate, defoliate. (And I'm one who barely defoliates). At 4 weeks I decided the plants needed another week to veg completely to the sides of the tent - they did not. Once flower stretch started, I was busier than every trying to keep distance to the light. Ended up pulling all the plants during flower and replacing the tent, and trying to re-weave the tops back through the net.

And then .... crickets. My plants are growing, but without my help other than filling the reservoir. It went from painting the room for 8 weeks to watching it dry the past 2 or so. Makes me feel like I should be doing something.
Plant another crop

steamroller

steamroller

Once I flip to flower I start the next step of the FF ferts . I am in FFOF soil also .
I use the Open Sesame for first 2-3 weeks then go to Beatsie Bloom for 2-3 weeks then go to Cha Ching before I run water only [ if I do ] .

I do cal/mag ,kelp from Coast of Maine, and something called secret sauce which is hormones and vits. Read about it in another thread on trichome developement.
I just finished week 5 flower and am on the Cha Ching when I fert along with the top 3 .
I just did update on week 5 in my thread which is my sig if you want to see .
Don't worry you are doing great !!! 💪

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/steamrollers-little-hide-away-pt-1.136754/post-2764828

Last edited:
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I do have a spare 4x4 tent...

But no place to put it. I'm so envious of people with houses with basements!
Hell I’m envious of people who can grow photos outdoors. I can’t even get autos to finish in our outdoor season. I live in an 18’X20 foot dry cabin. One 5’ tent and one 2’X2.5’ to do starts in.

CannaDana

CannaDana

A lot of talk about dryback, no mention of life. What happens to the life in the soil during this dryback? I water often at a low volume. Keeps the microclimate directly under mulch happy.
I don't use liquid nutes.

I would be concerned with the dense lower foliage. Breeding ground for pathogens.

I don't mean to be contrary, just sharing my thoughts.
I hear you about the dense lower fully edge. I have so much air circulation down there, I doubt anything could stick there for very long. Lol!

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I hear you about the dense lower fully edge. I have so much air circulation down there, I doubt anything could stick there for very long. Lol!
Suggest adding ReCharge to your feeding routine. Once a week is plenty. Add to a feed or water in.

M

Mrwickspiff

I think you stressed them out a little too much or DIDNT give enough nutes I notice the main stem is almost half purple

Sunasun

Sunasun

LED lights will turn them purple.
Also, over watering will cause purple stems. Now, there's not much root structure, so they'll falter during flowering because of the admitted over watering.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Hey @CannaDana plants are looking great! A few tips indoors that help increase cola size

"Temps 78F daytime" - try to get your day time temps up to 83/85f plants grown under LED need more heat as leaf surface temps are much lower in most LED grows vs HPS
Topping is almost necessary for indoor grows - you want your canopy to be spread out and even
Lollipopping is recommended to remove the larf/sucker branches that won't grow much
Providing enough food during those crucial first few weeks of flower

You won't have to defoliate much or any at all if you do the lollipopping correctly.

growsince79

growsince79

LED lights will turn them purple.
I been using led a couple years now. Never saw them torn the main stem purple. Over watering will damage roots and lock out nutes, which can result in yellow leaves and purple stems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom