Flower Room Gets To 91°?

• Thread starter Nattyfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nattyfarmer

Nattyfarmer

So my flower room is 2k watts of hps and 315w of cmh, 2300w. I have an ac and theres nothing i can really do to lower the temp any. The room averages at like 86-88 with it peaking at about 91 sometimes 92. I run about 1400ppm of co2, is this gonna hurt anything?

G gnome

G gnome

So my flower room is 2k watts of hps and 315w of cmh, 2300w. I have an ac and theres nothing i can really do to lower the temp any. The room averages at like 86-88 with it peaking at about 91 sometimes 92. I run about 1400ppm of co2, is this gonna hurt anything?
Imo, its not ideal but it aint gonna kill ur plants. Theres def things u can do about the temp but not w that "no can do" attitude haha

Nattyfarmer

Nattyfarmer

Lol yeah im pretry maxed out on funds im in a rent house and cant cut holes anywere. For the most part of the cycle the temp is about 87 but idk the plants seem a little stressed

Dbear180

Dbear180

Lol yeah im pretry maxed out on funds im in a rent house and cant cut holes anywere. For the most part of the cycle the temp is about 87 but idk the plants seem a little stressed

It's only your deposit if you dont fix it after. With that wattage your grow should be paying for these types of things, just consider it an investment & wait for your return. My space & everything in it has paid for itself at least twenty times minimum.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I used to run 1600 watts HPS, a 1k and a 600, in a 4'x5' area with ceiling exhaust fan. The only cool air I had was 1 HP register in the floor, and a fan pulling air in from the BR. My temps were often about the same as your description. I had a rotating fan blowing across the plants canopy. You just have to be careful about watering, as I wouldn't let them start wilting with heat, as they can get damaged quickly. Mine yielded well, but I think continually bringing fresh air into my area really helped even though the temps were still hot at canopy level. Since your using CO2, I suppose that's not possible? Just my thoughts, I think they will be fine. :cool:

Nattyfarmer

Nattyfarmer

I used to run 1600 watts HPS, a 1k and a 600, in a 4'x5' area with ceiling exhaust fan. The only cool air I had was 1 HP register in the floor, and a fan pulling air in from the BR. My temps were often about the same as your description. I had a rotating fan blowing across the plants canopy. You just have to be careful about watering, as I wouldn't let them start wilting with heat, as they can get damaged quickly. Mine yielded well, but I think continually bringing fresh air into my area really helped even though the temps were still hot at canopy level. Since your using CO2, I suppose that's not possible? Just my thoughts, I think they will be fine. :cool:
Well i vent my room twice a day but other than that its not really possible. I figured with such high co2 they would be able to handle the extra heat. They are taking better to it today. I think im good gonna flip to flower tomorrow

Nattyfarmer

Nattyfarmer

It's only your deposit if you dont fix it after. With that wattage your grow should be paying for these types of things, just consider it an investment & wait for your return. My space & everything in it has paid for itself at least twenty times minimum.
Thats true but i just lost my job amd scraped pennies together to get this grow going. It was all starup cost so next harves ill play around more

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

these plants can handle more than you think,i run with a 2x4x5 tent,2/300 watt led,1 fan and 1 400cfm exhaust and filter,day heat running at 99 to 106 outside,adverage is 87 in tent at night with no ac,or heat other than light in what is called winter in these parts,main thing is air exchange,match what coming in and out,if you are in a room and your house is air conditioned,that exchange is a hell of a lot better than running in a utility room to the outside,aint no way i would run co2 in the house unless it was for sure a sealed room,if what i described above is fact,the co2 is already there,every time you open a door or window the draft alone exchange it,if your room has a ceiling fan,run it and just crack a window about a inch,co2 issue done,even better is a draft from that room that filter threw whole house,i ran and breed 2 plants last year in the sun with blistering heats outdoors,and threw hurricane and all still had a awesome run,yes the plant will shut down a bit in the heat,but keep in mind under those circumstances,the plant might shut down a bit during daylight hours,but most every plant does it nutrient uptake in the dark,in daylight it is transpiring to off set that damn thing in the sky,lmao,you dont believe this,just wait till you get really hot there,and wait till some outdoor plants are stressed out from heat,water them and watch what happens over night,try a squash plant,they are the best to do this with,what you seen the day before as stress will be flowers come morning and i swear if they get rained on you will have fruit to pick in the morning,all said it isnt impossible to grow them in heat,i do and have been for a year in the tent,outside the offset is the long days and cool nights

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

Running co2 that high will allow the plants to take more heat than normal. As stated above I will seal the room. I have a sealed grow room and just opening the door to water and check on them doesn’t exchange enough air to give the plants the co2 they need for those temps. In my room without me adding co2 the control will not even pickup the co2 level in the room because it’s below 400ppm. After your second week into flowering you can stop with the co2. Now that your gonna be flipping the light cycle run the 12hrs of on light during the night and 12hrs of off light during the day, this will help keep your temperature down some. Good luck bud. Hope this helps.

RR1

RR1

Can you set your timers to sometimes only have one lamp lit? Just until you are a little more flush on cash. Also, you should be using air cooled lights if you have heat problems, or until then grow a smaller garden. Even with CO2, that’s about 6 degrees too hot.
Less crop is better than more plants that hermie, or don’t produce. Quality over quantity. Growing inside has challenges, and cost more than outdoors. But if you control the environment properly, it’s well worth the cost
Keep at it, you’ll get it.
Good luck
RR1

T

The Weave

Last grow I did was a 4x4 area with 1 400w and 1 600w hps and the temps hit 99 at some times, I burnt the hell out of my plants because I didn't get a handle on it fast enough. This time I got cool tubes so I don't make that mistake again and the area is bigger now

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

hows the room feel to you when you walk in? take multiple temp readings...

Top Bottom