Flower time stress

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

Hey farmers, I was wondering if early flower stress,(I was battling spider mites in the first week of flower) will make my 10 week strain still be done in 10 weeks or if it will extend it out some?

What does stress effect? Is it quality? Yield? Taste/smell? Time?

GG

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
^ All of the above. Wont change your bloom time but will affect yields, quality, etc....

If you got them handled early it shouldnt make too much of a diference

Green Giant

Green Giant

^ All of the above. Wont change your bloom time but will affect yields, quality, etc....

I did get them eary, it was only about 1.5 weeks in.

nebulius

nebulius

If you check it in veg. you can just extend your veg. cycle a week or so until you feel they have caught up.
But you're in flower, so this doesn't apply.

cephalopoda

cephalopoda

you probably won't find much of a difference unless you were hit really hard

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
On a previous run I was hit late, like some time around 2-3 weeks left. Shitty yield, weak quality, a bad run overall.

outwest

L

lilpigpig

Depends what you use to control the mites, to me it is always taste first but my friends cant tell the difference or maybe it is me. Sometimes, it also gives a darker color to it and of course your yield will not be the same. This is all in week 3+ when I notice these symptoms. If maintain in week 1.5 or so, it shouldnt make much of a difference if so very little that you have to compare side by side if it aint that bad. If you see webs, then your fucked.

oregongreener

oregongreener

All of the above advice is sound. I've had my battles with spider mites over the years. I am rigorous about my use of Neem in veg and the 1st week of flower. I have had great success with Neem both indoors and out (in my raised bed veggie gardens) for controlling pests. Works great on roses...

That said, Caps Bennies do the same thing with less risk of affecting flavor (since Neem has such a strong odor profile some fear it will affect the taste of their end product, never has for me. Both in cannabis and with vegetables). Caps Foliar really looks to be the bomb and the way to go if you're looking to mitigate your risk.

Now, Neem is not a magic pill. It will not help you if the infestation has already established itself. Neem really only works if you've been using it preventatively from the get go. To tackle an in-progress infestation (i.e. you see webs) you're going to need to use a more heavy-duty pest control solution. I'm sure there is a TON of info on these forums that can guide you as to which you might consider "safest."

greener

neverbreak

neverbreak

been hit with mites during flowering before. once, when i caught them early, it didn't affect the yield at all. the other two times happened later, around 3 or 4 to go. piss poor yields compared to what i was expecting. it breaks ya heart to have that happen.

neverbreak

Top Bottom