Flowering Cal Mag?

• Thread starter JMcG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JMcG

JMcG

What's up farmers?
After hearing some good things about Grow More and listening to some interviews with them I picked up some of their Medicino flowering Cal Mag product. It has no nitrogen in it.
I currently am growing in coco and have been adding Cali magic, but my past runs seemed N+, so I thought this might do the trick.
Does anyone have any experience with this product or one like it?
I also run silica ( pro tekt) at 3 ml per gallon, Mammoth P, and Ionic nutes. Usually I am in the 1.6 ec range during flower with the silica and cal mag being .3 ec of that.
Thanks people!

JMcG

JMcG

Well from what I learned on the DGC it sounds like I should run the Cali magic for the first 2-3 weeks of flower to utilize the N during the flip and stretch. I’ll change to the flowering Cal Mag after that.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Aside from ionic, sounds like someones been hitting the nug vault! lol I was looking into getting some of that Flowering Cal-mag too, but I think I ended up going with some Axiom Harpin Protien.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Well from what I learned on the DGC it sounds like I should run the Cali magic for the first 2-3 weeks of flower to utilize the N during the flip and stretch. I’ll change to the flowering Cal Mag after that.
I heard there's a great group of growers in that there DGC! :smoking:

Leew421

Leew421

Why stop and that. I highly recommend biomin. Amino chelated calcium, fulmag. You can really control how much of each and never touch nitrogen. I feel like the "calmag" statement is to general. Plants don't always need both or maybe more than the other.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Aside from ionic, sounds like someones been hitting the nug vault! lol I was looking into getting some of that Flowering Cal-mag too, but I think I ended up going with some Axiom Harpin Protien.
I just got a sample, how do you like it so far if you have used it?

JMcG

JMcG

I went thru two bottles on my last grow. I didn’t see anything ground breaking but my nitrogen levels seemed lower, the girls didn’t have any claw or excessive deep green color.
This run I just scaled back the Calimag quite a bit and raised my EC and seem to have the same effect.

chillywilly

chillywilly

Ever try Sonnes#2 calphonite(montmorillinite) a high calcium/ phosphorus mix, mostly mg is not as much needed as calcium, nitrogen activates mg(chlorophyll)...too much mg gives bland taste (grassy/flat)...more calcium/mineral mix and a sweetener to balance... nothing fancy...my2¢...
cw

Top Bottom