Flowering end of July in Northern Hemisphere?

• Thread starter drinkingcoffeeinmaine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drinkingcoffeeinmaine

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

Hello,
I am wondering about a plant I started from seed inside and moved outdoors June 1st. It started flowering around July 20th or so, and I have some concerns.
It seems healthy, (minus some grasshopper damage - fuckers), and in some sense I am pretty stoked cause October here is not too kind to plants. However, I grew this strain inside and had one plant end up pretty dwarfed, which I chalked up to bad watering and feeding practices.
Now though, I am wondering if it is the strain. Strain is Wedding Cake, and seeds are feminized. Got them from local seed bank, but neglected to find out where they came from, and now I am wondering about the stability of the phenotypes.
It's also been crazy rainy here, and I do have many environmental limitations regarding lite in general, but have had some good harvests in this location.

Medium is ProMix and Barnyard Manure Compost
Nutrients are Down to Earth Amendments - BioLive mix, and then staged intermittent top dress of Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Bat Guano, Fish Meal, Kelp, and Fish Bone Meal along with some worm castings.
Photosynthesis line of Microbes
Used splashes of Neptunes Liquid Fertilizer also to bring Ph of my water source down every once in a while, as it is quite high

Any thoughts are appreciated
Flowering end of july in northern hemisphere
Flowering end of july in northern hemisphere 3
Flowering end of july in northern hemisphere 2
Flowering end of july in northern hemisphere 4

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That plant doesn't look like a dwarf to me.

By "stable," do you mean having little variability in phenos? If this is a selfed fem (S1), it could have a lot of different phenos. S1 plants are sort of like the F2 generation of a M/F cross. Whatever the case, what you've got going on looks like it will bring in a nice harvest.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Growing from seed always yields variable results. I've definitely seen phenotypes that start flowering in mid-July. You've got an exceptionally early flowering pheno that should be ready to harvest by mid-September, nice!

Top Bottom