Flowering Stalled

• Thread starter ozarkgrey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
at day 42-43 of flower and it seems things have just came to stand still. i did have a nute problem a couple weeks back and all that i fixored but other wise all systems go, just not a lot of new growth that i can see or bud size increasement. i'm running the advanced nutes and wish i wasn't. i switched from humbolt's secret to AN and things have never been quite right, the AN are just to hot?
i have one spider farmer 1000 per plant .

74 degrees
44 Rh
5-5-8 PH
800ish - low 900's PPM

i could raise the NUTES but these AN scare me and i already have small pop corn buds dying here and there. is this pretty normal? any suggestions or feedback is welcomed

Flowering stalled
Flowering stalled 2
Flowering stalled 3
Flowering stalled 4
Flowering stalled 5
Flowering stalled 6
Flowering stalled 7
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They are burning up. Maybe run water through to give them a break and then lower ec (ppm). I dont run hydro but it doesnt look like heat or light stress without leaf taco. Looks like nute burn.

I thought you can run comparatively low ec in buckets. Constant 1.2-1.4 ec ( 600-700ppm. ) less at ripening.

Someone please chime in with more hydro experience.

Nugg

Nugg

Looks burnt..I'm dwc..I'm never above 800-900.. 850 max..that's with 160 ppm.well water..450. for veg.ph.6 most of the time.?

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
they got burned when i got a bucket of 'hot water ' mixed up a couple weeks back and used it as topping off water, thus the nute burn traces that are left. one actually died after nute locking and root rot set in quickly. i did fresh water and nutes yesterday so i may run this buckets this week and go to straight PH water next week? my newer plants that never suffered the horror of the 'hot water' all look fine and well, although not near as far along in the flower stage.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
man TBH i'm surprised any are still alive at this point considering this is my 1st grow and all the abuse i have put these 3 though...

Nugg

Nugg

Root rot?? Why,how,what do you run for...what am I looking for ..... sterile or beanies?

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
Root rot?? Why,how,what do you run for...what am I looking for ..... sterile or beanies?

i dunno it just did and died. one day it was fine or so it seemed the next morning it was dead on the stalk! i took no pics just bagged it and curbed it. went and did some research and came to the uneducated conclusion that i killed it from lack of knowledge and allowing the nute lock to continue to that point. some of the larger branches were even hollow inside.
to a degree i would like to move these 3 out and just call it but i'm so far into it and hopeful i might learn more and even get a joint to smoke from em that i'm forced to push on.

OG

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

i dunno it just did and died. one day it was fine or so it seemed the next morning it was dead on the stalk! i took no pics just bagged it and curbed it. went and did some research and came to the uneducated conclusion that i killed it from lack of knowledge and allowing the nute lock to continue to that point. some of the larger branches were even hollow inside.
to a degree i would like to move these 3 out and just call it but i'm so far into it and hopeful i might learn more and even get a joint to smoke from em that i'm forced to push on.

OG
I think what he meant, is what methods are you using as far as promoting good root health in your reservoir.

Some folks get best results running a sterile res, others utilize beneficial bacteria like Bacillus Subtillis in their DWC grows.

Last edited:
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
I think what he meant, is what methods are you using as far as promoting good root health in your reservoir.

Some folks get best results running a sterile res, others utilize beneficial bacteria like Bacillus Subtillis in their DWC grows.

nutes and water ?

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

nutes and water ?
I don't run DWC, but here's my brief understanding...

"Sterile" DWC

- hydrogen peroxide becomes part of your routine. Hydrogen peroxide kills microbe colonies that typically keep your root system healthy.

- salt based nutes, think General Hydro 3 part. Organics will cause root rot in a sterile environment, without microbes present to process them.

"Typical" DWC

- your environment doesn't allow for microbes to colonize, so you have to constantly replenish your supply of microbes.

- can be more flexible with nutes, with microbes present, your organics will be processed, instead of waisting away around your root base in turn causing rot.

Last edited:
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
salt based then, as i use the advanced nutes 3 part system. and clean my buckets with peroxide when i change water. like i said i had a large 20 gal bucket that was ph water for topping off and i mixed it up with hot water full of nutes and used it as water to top off my plants for a week and like a dumbass didn't check my numbers that week as everything looked good etc and then boom ! now they are stable it seems minus the one, but not really growing or so it appears and i have numerous small buds or growth that dead or dying.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Usually a certain amount of hydrogen peroxide will be used as part of your feed as well, promotes oxygen to your root system which is one of the benefits to a sterile res.

If you are not utilizing H2o2 as part of your feed, you're going to need to add bennies. Some folks use Botanicare Hydroguard. I'm a huge fan of GH Floralicious Plus, costly but covers a lot of ground. Provides Fulvic, Humic, and Amino Acids, microbes, carbs, minerals, etc.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

at day 42-43 of flower and it seems things have just came to stand still. i did have a nute problem a couple weeks back and all that i fixored but other wise all systems go, just not a lot of new growth that i can see or bud size increasement. i'm running the advanced nutes and wish i wasn't. i switched from humbolt's secret to AN and things have never been quite right, the AN are just to hot?
i have one spider farmer 1000 per plant .

74 degrees
44 Rh
5-5-8 PH
800ish - low 900's PPM

i could raise the NUTES but these AN scare me and i already have small pop corn buds dying here and there. is this pretty normal? any suggestions or feedback is welcomed
why in the world did you stop using the humbolt secret?
it is working great for me,im using a-band golden tree,between my tea feeds,i do a fungal tea,humbolt,bacterial,all once a week in middle of week i just use ph water working great.
you got quite a burn going on there mate

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

they got burned when i got a bucket of 'hot water ' mixed up a couple weeks back and used it as topping off water, thus the nute burn traces that are left. one actually died after nute locking and root rot set in quickly. i did fresh water and nutes yesterday so i may run this buckets this week and go to straight PH water next week? my newer plants that never suffered the horror of the 'hot water' all look fine and well, although not near as far along in the flower stage.
no telling what you put in them if you used hot tap water,all the stuff in bottom of your tank probally the problem,i clean mine every 3 months and each time i drag out at least 2 gal of calcium

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
why in the world did you stop using the humbolt secret?
it is working great for me,im using a-band golden tree,between my tea feeds,i do a fungal tea,humbolt,bacterial,all once a week in middle of week i just use ph water working great.
you got quite a burn going on there mate

u dunno man i'm a dumb ass and some of it stank ? will return it for sure.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
no telling what you put in them if you used hot tap water,all the stuff in bottom of your tank probally the problem,i clean mine every 3 months and each time i drag out at least 2 gal of calcium

by 'hot water' i meant water that had already been treated with full strength nutes. i forgot i had treated it a day or so later and started using to top off my pots. hopes that explains it better.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
the main question remains will they rebound or have they peaked ect so to speak? meaning just wasting time on em now or what ?

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
considering my meter once read something 1100 X 10 i would say it was the save of the century thus far, but making it to the finish line will be the trick.
as i can only have 6 flowering i have to ensure that space is being used wisely

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

by 'hot water' i meant water that had already been treated with full strength nutes. i forgot i had treated it a day or so later and started using to top off my pots. hopes that explains it better.
gotcha,still say it the an nutrients hear bad shit from them folks stuff

Top Bottom