Flowering start time

• Thread starter ladiesbstfrd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ladiesbstfrd

ladiesbstfrd

So I switched over to 12/12 on 3/4/19. My question is do I start count the day I switched or the day buds start to form, if it's the day of bud formation then my calculations are off by 2-3 weeks, I've attached a few pics to see if I'm on the right track time wise. So thre are 5 unknown strains, I kno I is different from the rest due to coloring of leaves and the way the bud looks.

Flowering start time
Flowering start time 2
Flowering start time 3
Flowering start time 4
Flowering start time 5
Flowering start time 6
Flowering start time 7
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It starts when you switch but usually takes 2 weeks on average to show flowers starting. Doesnt matter though. Each seed, grow and grower can be different so you still have to wait until they are ripe.

And you got some nanners on those flowers. Pick them off. They can contain viable pollen and seed your buds.

As a general estimate i think you have 2-3 weeks left.

Nanners are usually caused by stress. Heat, light, nutrient, etc. evaluate what you may have done wrong and fix it and the nanners may not return.

Hope this helped.

ladiesbstfrd

ladiesbstfrd

It starts when you switch but usually takes 2 weeks on average to show flowers starting. Doesnt matter though. Each seed, grow and grower can be different so you still have to wait until they are ripe.

And you got some nanners on those flowers. Pick them off. They can contain viable pollen and seed your buds.

Nanners are usually caused by stress. Heat, light, nutrient, etc. evaluate what you may have done wrong and fix it and the nanners may not return.

Hope this helped.

Thanks for reply and I never noticed the nanners till u just said sumn, can I hang on to manners for pollination later on with other plants

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If you tab down a few spaces when responding with the quote it will keep your messagebout of the quote box.

And i never thought about pollinating with nanners. The late ones may not have viable pollen and when i see them (i grow thai and diesel crosses and see some) I want to remove them to keep the plant seedless.

But i guess with careful handling its possible.

The right way is to use STS and reverse the plant early. Then you can self seed her or collect pollen from the balls that will grow.

ladiesbstfrd

ladiesbstfrd

Thanks for the info, I picked all the ones I could find, with it thys late in flower it's no time to make seeds correct, so I should be fairly seedless for say, with just 2 weeks or so before harvest, its takes about 4wks to make seeds to maturity correct

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the info, I picked all the ones I could find, with it thys late in flower it's no time to make seeds correct, so I should be fairly seedless for say, with just 2 weeks or so before harvest, its takes about 4wks to make seeds to maturity correct

Yes but you missed these so you will fnd out later. And were they old or new?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hope this helped.
They can also be genetic..I find that about week 5-6 naners will form on many plants grown from a feminized seed.....They should contain 100% female pollen too! Notice I said SHOULD! LOL

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Your numbers are off because the plant is a chick with a dick. that explains the fast maturity rate.
now its crunch time.

its about 6 weeks premature.

those seeds look great!!

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They can also be genetic..I find that about week 5-6 naners will form on many plants grown from a feminized seed.....They should contain 100% female pollen too! Notice I said SHOULD! LOL

I find its my fault every time. Nutrient stress is the biggest cause in my opinion.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I find its my fault every time. Nutrient stress is the biggest cause in my opinion.

I have grown regular females next to feminized ones (different strains of course), and like clockwork..week 5-6 a few naners on a few strains..not on the regs in the same tent though??????????????

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have grown regular females next to feminized ones (different strains of course), and like clockwork..week 5-6 a few naners on a few strains..not on the regs in the same tent though??????????????

Get better seeds is all I can say to that. I grow feminized diesel/thai hybrids. Probably most sensitve of all and only see very late nanners as i like to go 2 weeks longer than the breeder. If i see them at week 5 i can always clear them up by fixing my mistakes.

I think its a pollen chucker thing. Crossing without further breeding.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Get better seeds is all I can say to that. I grow feminized diesel/thai hybrids. Probably most sensitve of all and only see very late nanners as i like to go 2 weeks longer than the breeder. If i see them at week 5 i can always clear them up by fixing my mistakes.

I think its a pollen chucker thing. Crossing without further breeding.
The worst I got was from a BC Early BB (pricy too)..The smoke was super but she was a stubborn plant and threw up with everything I tried.
Mine were empty and came in a few clumps..Clumps are usually more dangerous than singles. I have seen it no matter what I buy, from time to time.

ladiesbstfrd

ladiesbstfrd

I can say for sure that they wasnt their 2wks ago, but these seeds were just bag seeds, I usually prefer clones but wanted to give seeds a try, I got the second group coming when these ladies are chopped. I believe I now the issue that may have caused this problem, a few weeks back my timer would decide on it's own when it would cut on and off, I cant say as to how long that was going on till i caught it, but since i have replaced it, it has not happened since.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The nanners looked new, the ones I plucked looked empty,
I would collect them in a jar with a lid, should more appear..one never knows what happens. Remember how GG#4 came about..
You may fine a very small amount of pollen has been produced.

PS: I was also wondering about that seed and maturity comment in this thread.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I can say for sure that they wasnt their 2wks ago, but these seeds were just bag seeds, I usually prefer clones but wanted to give seeds a try, I got the second group coming when these ladies are chopped. I believe I now the issue that may have caused this problem, a few weeks back my timer would decide on it's own when it would cut on and off, I cant say as to how long that was going on till i caught it, but since i have replaced it, it has not happened since.
Yep..messing with the light schedule can cause hermies..

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

What do you mean by this,
the beans you planted were not 100% females.
Your pictures shows plants with both sexes; and so it fucks itself the second its able to produce "sperm".
Hermie beans will always (visually) appear to mature faster than say a 100% female.

and you mentioned bagseed....bagseed is mostly domestic / local grows that were somehow fucked up.
instead of taking 100% loss, its bagged up and sold.

i would never start any production with bagseed

K

Kot

I think you removed too many leaves and also too many bud sites. Your yield won't be that great.

Also it depends on the age of the plant how fast it will start showing buds. If it is small it would take about 14 days but if it was used as a mother and is old it can start budding in just 4-5 days. But yes, flowering days are counted from day one of 12/12.

Top Bottom