Flowering Tea Recipes

• Thread starter narleyharley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

narleyharley

At the moment I have a pretty solid veg tea, the only ingredients I use are corn seed, alfalfa,/kelp blend, wormcastings, and molasses, using different rations every week so they get a week of amino acids (corn seed), mycos (castings) and alfalfa kelp for enzymes. Or it's corn seed for enzymes. Not sure.

Anyone have a flowering tea recipe they'd like to share? Or any thoughts on this? I was thinking about adding organic phosphourous to the mix in small doses for veg and larger doses for flower .... Thanks guys

NachoBznz

NachoBznz

Hey Narley
Glad to sea someone else using organic teas.
For flowering I use a Comfrey tea which has roughly a 2:0.6:5 NPK. To increase micro-organisms I use worm tea. I had a friend who added rabbit manure tea which is high in Phosphorus. I'd err on the side of using bonemeal and pure phosphorus in teas as it has the tendency to burn roots.
Comfrey grows like a weed but is beneficial in all gardens.
To make the tea just leave two handfulls of leaves in a coveres bucket of water for two weeks and BOOM, a high potassium fertilizer. It's a good idea to dilute up to 1:15l of water, though. I get really dense buds with these.
Let me know how it goes!

N

narleyharley

WaiT what's Confrey? But yeah I agree with the blood and bone meals, my arguement is where those animals came from And they burn up roots. But word thanks! I def will.

I'm very interested in this comfrey stuff though, sounds like cool shit.

NachoBznz

NachoBznz

Symphytum. It's mad cool shit! It roots are a dynamic accumulator, so it naturally keep Nitrogen levels high, it does have intense roots so don't plant it too close to your lovelies. It's also a compost activator and a mulch. It even reduces swelling on bruises and broken bones... wait I'm going off topic.
Have a great day!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Comfrey also requires high amounts of water, so I don't really grow it myself. I use what's already growing around me for making fermented plant juices/extracts.

Consider this--we already know that in each area of the plant there are particular hormones, as well as nutrients. So, for a flowering tea, consider using flowers. I've gotten a rhodendron that doesn't like to bloom where it is to bloom by making a tea of spent Camellia blossoms.

As I mentioned before, comfrey won't grow well where I am without adding a LOT of water, which makes zero sense to me in any context. So, what is growing around me? Various oxalis species, woolly mullein, various thistles. So I use those.

NachoBznz

NachoBznz

Probably your supplier, Seamaiden.
I've had success growing pre-hardened Comfrey in an African desert and have had no problem and it is considered a weed here in drought-stricken Africa. It grows in US hardiness zones 2-9.
It also has a major benefit on pest control and can be used as a foliage spray that prevents powdery mildew.
That's a pretty good basis for teas, although there are cautions with using unresearched plant material one doesn't know, for instance: allelopathy, flower pathogens, disease carriers, etc.

N

narleyharley

Hmm makes sense, so this comFrey stuff, is it like the azos mix? Cuz I've always used that as a nitrogen fixing agent or Nitrogen regulator. But damn that sounds dope im a have to get some.... So look up seamaiden comfrey

NachoBznz

NachoBznz

Just Comfrey or symphytum, a good cultivar is the "Blocking 14" as it doesn't flower and in so take over an area.

N

narleyharley

And use it as a foliagE spray with fresh aquarium water?

and as an ingredient to the flower tea?

John henry

John henry

Hello, New to the site, my ? Is I'm on my first run with compost teas, had good luck with worm castings & black strap through veg, started flower yesterday how much guano should I add to my worm and black strap . 1 1/2 cups worm castings, 1/3 cup blk,strap.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Probably your supplier, Seamaiden.
I've had success growing pre-hardened Comfrey in an African desert and have had no problem and it is considered a weed here in drought-stricken Africa. It grows in US hardiness zones 2-9.
It also has a major benefit on pest control and can be used as a foliage spray that prevents powdery mildew.
That's a pretty good basis for teas, although there are cautions with using unresearched plant material one doesn't know, for instance: allelopathy, flower pathogens, disease carriers, etc.
If you're able to grow it in a fully desertified area, then it's gotta be the cultivar I'm working with here. Mine was marked "Bocking 14," which is the non-invasive cultivar, IIRC.

That said, I still *really* like using what grows naturally around me.

N

narleyharley

Hey John, what I've learned is that it's best to do a tea every 10 days. Having one for aminos, one for mycos, and one for food.

Usually using corn seed meal, kelp and alfalfa meal, eatthworm castings, small amounts of coconut oil/honey blend. This honey I use as a suger and probiotiv is phenomenal.
I also use this spray you can get at organic markets, it's call aminos. A full serving is 1/2 tsp so I use one spray for a gallon that later gets diluted....

Usually my mykos is 1 cup to 4 gallons, 1/3 cup molasses to every 4 gallons,
Ratio of 1:4 for alfalfa to kelp meal mix and adding 2 tbls for 4 gallons or so.
The corn seed is used in smaller amounts. 1-2 tblsp.
Coconut oil honey blend 1 teaspoon.

John henry

John henry

Hey John, what I've learned is that it's best to do a tea every 10 days. Having one for aminos, one for mycos, and one for food.

Usually using corn seed meal, kelp and alfalfa meal, eatthworm castings, small amounts of coconut oil/honey blend. This honey I use as a suger and probiotiv is phenomenal.
I also use this spray you can get at organic markets, it's call aminos. A full serving is 1/2 tsp so I use one spray for a gallon that later gets diluted....

Usually my mykos is 1 cup to 4 gallons, 1/3 cup molasses to every 4 gallons,
Ratio of 1:4 for alfalfa to kelp meal mix and adding 2 tbls for 4 gallons or so.
The corn seed is used in smaller amounts. 1-2 tblsp.
Coconut oil honey blend 1 teaspoon.

John henry

John henry

Thank you N, Harley that's what I needed to know, New to the site so if I miss thanking anybody I'm going to apologize now, and probably again later, thank you.

N

narleyharley

Thank you N, Harley that's what I needed to know, New to the site so if I miss thanking anybody I'm going to apologize now, and probably again later, thank you.
Not a problem man, that's what we're here for. To help each other n stuff. But Uhm, yeah just tweek the recipes to how your plants are looking. the cool thing about teas it's hard to overdo it because the plants pick and choose. :)

N

narleyharley

Oh shit. I forgot to mention I'm using build-a-soil . The soil is super soil so it's already got everything.... You may need to add calmag, veganic roots of stuff (with no salts in it) and some organic phosphorous.... Tea mix all depends on soil mix too. So if you have great soil youlljust need the essentials. If not you'll need to add small amounts of guanos or meals to teas however those are derived from animals.... Also invest in an aquarium with no chemicals and use some of that good stuff for foliar and regular tea

organix4207

organix4207

Hey Narley
Glad to sea someone else using organic teas.
For flowering I use a Comfrey tea which has roughly a 2:0.6:5 NPK. To increase micro-organisms I use worm tea. I had a friend who added rabbit manure tea which is high in Phosphorus. I'd err on the side of using bonemeal and pure phosphorus in teas as it has the tendency to burn roots.
Comfrey grows like a weed but is beneficial in all gardens.
To make the tea just leave two handfulls of leaves in a coveres bucket of water for two weeks and BOOM, a high potassium fertilizer. It's a good idea to dilute up to 1:15l of water, though. I get really dense buds with these.
Let me know how it goes!
I use comfrey ,stinging nettles, dandylion root , plantain and aloe Vera in my teas .......great stuff!!!!!

Top Bottom