flowering time seven weeks but what does that mean?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

First time trying the auto flower and it says that flowering time is seven weeks but I’m not sure when that seven weeks starts. I am reading some articles saying it might take up to 15 weeks until harvest so how long does an auto flower actually take to grow? I thought it was a shorter period than the average 12 to 16 weeks I would normally do

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Who is the breeder? Autoflowers can run from 8.5 to 17 weeks with 8 to 10 being more typical. Usually the longer the lifspan the larger the plant and yield.

Your plants may be of the fast finishing variety done in about 2 months seed to harvest.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

I always say 100 days from seed pop for autos.

It’s a good benchmark, but not something that is set in stone. Every seed will perform and mature differently. Telling yourself 100 days will prevent you from thinking you’ll be smokin your own in 2 months, thus saving yourself some heartache when they aren’t even close.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

I always say 100 days from seed pop for autos.

It’s a good benchmark, but not something that is set in stone. Every seed will perform and mature differently. Telling yourself 100 days will prevent you from thinking you’ll be smokin your own in 2 months, thus saving yourself some heartache when they aren’t even close.
This is very true and breeder statements are often too early for the average grower.

The breeder of my seeds for instance says 60 to 75 days. I often harvest around 75 to 80 days although I have had a few that were ready in the 60 to 70 day range.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

First time trying the auto flower and it says that flowering time is seven weeks but I’m not sure when that seven weeks starts. I am reading some articles saying it might take up to 15 weeks until harvest so how long does an auto flower actually take to grow? I thought it was a shorter period than the average 12 to 16 weeks I would normally do
all you can do is talk to the breeder .
and if they cant give you a ball park timeframe, find another breeder.
and if they do give you a timeframe and in the end it was way off, FIND another breeder

mikeb437

mikeb437

Thank you guys! I was also curious what everyone’s growing medium is. Last time I grew a plant it was hydroponically in the buckets and it was a big pain in the butt testing PH and nutrient levels every day. What is your go to method of growing? I was just going to get some soil maybe and grow in dirt

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

I am growing in promix with dry ammendments and in different pots just promix with liquid fertilizers. Dry ammendments are easy since you only have to water and not mix fertilizers, just top dress every 3 to 4 weeks.

Growing hydroponically will let your plants grow bigger and yield more but will also extend their lifecycle from what I have read.

Ponky

Ponky

I am growing in promix with dry ammendments and in different pots just promix with liquid fertilizers. Dry ammendments are easy since you only have to water and not mix fertilizers, just top dress every 3 to 4 weeks.

Growing hydroponically will let your plants grow bigger and yield more but will also extend their lifecycle from what I have read.
What kind of stuff did you put in the ProMix? Any worm castings?

thejack

thejack

Thank you guys! I was also curious what everyone’s growing medium is. Last time I grew a plant it was hydroponically in the buckets and it was a big pain in the butt testing PH and nutrient levels every day. What is your go to method of growing? I was just going to get some soil maybe and grow in dirt
I like your style! Keep It Simple,Sister : /

TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

If its fastbuds,that 7 weeks could actually be 15 weeks haha

freezeland2

freezeland2

I like your style! Keep It Simple,Sister : /
I switched from hydroponic to organic. I use water only on a drip system. It’s sit back and watch the show. You still got to control the environment like you do any grow. But it is much less work. My yields with hydro were much larger tho. But I grow for myself so the organic living soil route works for me.

thejack

thejack

I switched from hydroponic to organic. I use water only on a drip system. It’s sit back and watch the show. You still got to control the environment like you do any grow. But it is much less work. My yields with hydro were much larger tho. But I grow for myself so the organic living soil route works for me.
I gonna give Hempy Buckets a try. The easier the better for this old fart...

Top Bottom