Flowering too early in New England growing outdoors?

• Thread starter GrandmaGanja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Hi all,

after many trials and tribulations my plants are doing wonderfully outside. I did just notice though that they’ve begun flowering. Is it too early? I’m in Massachusetts.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

You’re lucky if they are flowering now. That means they’ll finish sooner and could be done before autumn rains and bud rot season. I’ve grown a strain the past three years (Skunk XL) that starts flowering now and finishes in early to mid September.

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Great news! I’m growing Skywalker OG, Black Widow, and Bruce Banner and they are all said to be ready for harvest in October. That’s what made me a bit uneasy.

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Clever girl...

Don’t have pics, but pistils started coming in. Plants went outside end of May, so it’s got me worried that it was too soon, I ruined everything, and I’m going to get an embarrassingly small yield of shitty weed.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yea Skywalker good shit, no plants flower when they want outdoors some strains are faster than others, i assume your growing photoperiod plants, if your growing Skywalker by Methisto there autoflowers and flower with age not photoperiod.

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Indoor light schedule was 24 hours light. My Bruce Banner has many three fingered leaves. It’s in the far off right, hard to see in the picture. Is that plant pretty much done for?

Madbud

Madbud

Indoor light schedule was 24 hours light. My Bruce Banner has many three fingered leaves. It’s in the far off right, hard to see in the picture. Is that plant pretty much done for?
Reveg just stalls the plant, still plenty of time for her to reflower. You got lucky. Even tho i ran 15/9 to go outdoors in May, one is revegging out of 12.

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Yea Skywalker good shit, no plants flower when they want outdoors some strains are faster than others, i assume your growing photoperiod plants, if your growing Skywalker by Methisto there autoflowers and flower with age not photoperiod.

It’s skywalker from ilovegrowinginvalid.com, and yeah theyre photoperiod.

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Reveg just stalls the plant, still plenty of time for her to reflower. You got lucky. Even tho i ran 15/9 to go outdoors in May, one is revegging out of 12.

how could it have gone badly? Putting outside too late?

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I have done what you did many times starting them indoors on 24-hour lighting and then putting them outdoors... It always triggers a flower process for me.. then it goes back into veg often times growing flowers at the same time all the way till October we're my growing season comes to an abrupt end..even if the plant is able to survive some light frost the uneven temperatures and cold nights make it hard to get the plant ripe outside of the main tops when growing anything with sativa in it.. so it's helpful to know about the strains that you're growing and when your first Frost typically comes... You're lucky to have a forum like this to get all this information I had to learn all this stuff through trial and error over many years lol before I came to this site... A lot of really good growers here

Madbud

Madbud

how could it have gone badly? Putting outside too late?
Theory is that photo plants shift from veg to flower in a shortened light period, going from 18/6 to 12/12 is typical for indoor growers. May in MA is around 15/9 light and darkness so even tho its not 12/12 a shift from 18/6 or in your case 24/0 should cause flowering but then the light outside increases to 16/8 on June 21. The longer light period causes them to go back to veg state. Personally, i think low night temps trigger the flip too in some plants.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Are you sure they are not just in preflower? All of mine are throwing pistils but not in flower yet.

Top Bottom