Flowering Under 315 Cmh

• Thread starter EverAfterOC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EverAfterOC

Anyone have any experience here? I am thinking of running 4 - 315W CMH's made by Sunplix with Philips 4200K bulbs (14" open hoods) over a 4X8 table. Table will be trellised with 28 plants. I have a friend using 3 of this same light over a 4X8 table but she is only running 4 plants in that space.
I have been lead to believe that the 630W CMH is a replacement for a 1000W HPS. So by that rationale, my 4 315's should be the same as 2 630's? My other rooms run 2 - 1000W HPS on that same space with good results. I need to make this move soon if I am going to go this direction. Anyone who has actually done this type of grow, please offer your opinion.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Do you flower under CMH?
No pal,my good mate on here does.and he loves em
He bought the sun systems lec 315 fixture.replaced a 400w hps light with it and he supplements with some cree led lights.hes having some amazing results to boot.check out my thread,my pals @MIKEZILLA ,he's throwing out some amazing dank since buying that light.
Hope this helps.

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

Those sunplix fixtures look cool.remote dimming on a single 315 ,gotta be right..
Dayum! Yea man that has to be the ticket....last thing i need is to be able to run my lights remotely!! I will never sleep

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

315s are awesome. My experience aside, my homie just texted me and said he replaced 6 1000w hoods with 9 315s, where he was getting meagre (1-1.2/light) yields off the 1000s, he just pulled 11 lbs...almost doubling his yield with no change in his room other than new lights which cost around 4k.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

315s are awesome. My experience aside, my homie just texted me and said he replaced 6 1000w hoods with 9 315s, where he was getting meagre (1-1.2/light) yields off the 1000s, he just pulled 11 lbs...almost doubling his yield with no change in his room other than new lights which cost around 4k.
I trust your experience and by extension your friends'.

My buddy who's cheap but big told me these are the best, and I was 100% skeptical. LEDs are *still* not mature. T5s hot and inefficient. Plasmas cost prohibitive. Gavitas/DE's run BOILING HOT and need very tall ceilings, etc etc.
Sooooo much stoner tech hype bullshit for decades, seen it all. Soooo much fail.

But 315s, after exhaustive research here, YouTube videos, tests and comparisons, data, charts, graphs... the PAR, color, efficiency, temps, yields, penetration, cross lighting, bulb longevity, just ALL THE DATA theres literally no comparison.

My Solistek digi adjustables were unbeatable when I got them. Now Im planning them at 400w instead of the 1000/1100w they can push, and going with a dozen Boulders. The Boulders daisy chain! Up to 6! And they're adding LED pontoons for spectrum soon, plug right into units they attach to!

Adding 2 x 220v outlets gets me 12 (!) 315s, no need for control box just timer them (easy!), and dramatic increases in PAR, color, etc.
Will go to under 7000w down from 8800 (8 x 1100w overdrive HPS), lower heat, increase light and yields probably dramatically. Eliminate need for 2nd 3ton minisplit ($5k installed) and not need to spend a grand on bulbs every couple rounds. PLUS have open bulb 2k color HPS verticals paired with 315s for each tree.

And if Im correct, 315s have a share of UVB which helps kill bugs and mildew.

I see no problems except my time wasted and problems with 1000/1100w HPS in this build thats given me fits.

Sorry for long reply. I thoroughly trust @We Solidarity and the exhaustive, highly skeptical research Ive done. 315s are mature, for auto showrooms, developed by Philips, and give us plasma results for a fraction.

AND they can go veg to bloom, no spectrum shock nor different lights needed. Am I missing something?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Science. Legit side by side testing. AND the 315s used less power, too.

If that one doesnt work, this is the age unverified link

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Final thought; best nugs Ive ever seen for shape, size, structure, bag appeal were under 315s. And if they were with Nectar 4 the Gods, they would have been the best hands down including taste, smell, terpenes, genetic expression too. They were with Mills, which doesnt bring out the best I believe.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Yep I was skeptical too- I trialed 315s and was instantly sold - anyone who doubts these lights or talks them down obviously has never used them - really pulling out some stops for the next harvest to see how big of a yield I can get off these lights - usually I'm a connaseuir grower but I'm curious to see what they can do with a hydro setup and big yielding strains - hoping to see somewhere between 1.3-1.8 per fixture.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Yep I was skeptical too- I trialed 315s and was instantly sold - anyone who doubts these lights or talks them down obviously has never used them - really pulling out some stops for the next harvest to see how big of a yield I can get off these lights - usually I'm a connaseuir grower but I'm curious to see what they can do with a hydro setup and big yielding strains - hoping to see somewhere between 1.3-1.8 per fixture.
WOW those #s would be insane. I saw a pic of Boulder verts with walls of dank surrounding. Stacked vert Boulders with the LEDs on em. Only seen a few walls that full. Supposedly pulling 10x normal yield per watt. Their reps KNOW science too. Big time.

315s arent immature like so many alternatives (looking at you, LEDs)... Philips are world class and these arent stoner tech. We simply are finding them now. Very mature, pro technology coincidentally perfect for our needs, yeah?

ALL data points of 315s absolutely crush everything else. For a fraction of the heat. Totally sold. Totally. AND the Boulders daisy chain up to 6 easily?!?
Plasma at Gavita pricing, Gavita PAR at less than 1/3rd power and heat.

They have UVB too, right? Helps kill bugs, spores, yes?

Freshone

Freshone

Curious about your setup,how are your lights setup spacing wise?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

O
Curious about your setup,how are your lights setup spacing wise?

3 foot centers, utilizing cross-lighting. Every room is a slightly different layout in this facility as we tried to develop a standard to model future rooms after, but performance is pretty consistent across the board as far as the light layout goes. Just want to make sure you're utilizing cross lighting. People seem to forget it's not light intensity directed at the plant is surface area of the plant that can process light - 60% diffused light on 80% of the plant is better than 80% diffused light on 60% of the plant.

Freshone

Freshone

O

3 foot centers, utilizing cross-lighting. Every room is a slightly different layout in this facility as we tried to develop a standard to model future rooms after, but performance is pretty consistent across the board as far as the light layout goes. Just want to make sure you're utilizing cross lighting. People seem to forget it's not light intensity directed at the plant is surface area of the plant that can process light - 60% diffused light on 80% of the plant is better than 80% diffused light on 60% of the plant.
So over a 3x12 area(row) you would recommend 4 315s?thanks for the reply.

Bigjuice

Bigjuice

So he replaced 6000w with 2835w not even half and got double his yield I think you pal is telling porkies

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

So he replaced 6000w with 2835w not even half and got double his yield I think you pal is telling porkies
Disagree.

Better: PAR, color spectrum, yields, temps (which impacts yield and VPD), THC, CBD. With enclosed hoods (like all air cools are), HPS 1000w loses 30% PAR immediately. Not to mention lost PAR with use, rapid declines on that.

Everything I say Ive learned from data, testing, graphs, charts, comparisons side by side. I was 100% skeptical of 315s a year ago. Today I preach and am saving for a full renovation.

I respect skepticism in this work, especially online. But I doubt @We Solidarity has half ass lying buddies trying to brag about 1 change they take no credit for. Honestly, bro.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

O

This was proven with excellent scientific testing, side by side, data backed by this..

@Bigjuice - not trying to be anything but respectful, bro. Not into online pissing matches, just saying I saw this and a ton of other data that convinced me after a year of disbelief and heavy research. I hate stonertech. This is different completely. Mature. Its plasma for dirt cheap.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I use gavita 1000w de units so if i replaced 1 gavita with 2 maxibright daylight 315 units im likely to get the same weight or more ?
Glad you read my reply in the intended respectful discussion tone. Cool, man.

High Times tested the highest end, gold standard brands of ALL current lighting technologies. Ive posted it somewhere here before.

Gavita DE won PAR at 800. The 1000+ watt Kind (I think theirs) LED panel came 2nd.
Boulder Lights 315 came in third. At less than 30% the power and heat. AND better color spectrum.

Boulders 315 beat the entire rest of the list, AND the PAR was 700 vs the Gavita 800 PAR. I know Gavitas kick ass. Totally. But they run super duper hot. 6' minimum to canopy clearance! Damn! Not to mention power draw.

315s are 8 inches, not feet. 3 x 315s = less power, better spread, better color, etc. 7/8ths the PAR of Gavita, less heat. More THC and a lot more CBD.
I just don't see Gavita personally for indoors being better. Commercial greenhouses, sure. But otherwise I personally am going full 315s.

Just learned SolisTek, the best digital MH/HPS ballast brand (proven in tests, better PAR always) are now putting out their own 315s, half the cost of the Boulder Lights almost, and can daisy chain 8. Smaller profile, too. Totally warrantied.

I dont know any reason not to build out and upgrade with these exclusively, and Ive looked and looked and looked. Plasmas insanely cost prohibitive and 315s create plasma for a fraction, LEDs still suck for room size flowering, DEs run way hot, T5s are hot and dont yield much, etc.

Please do help me think through any reason not to go all in for these ASAP:

Latest posts

Top Bottom