FLOWERING WEEK 5 - NEED NUTRITION HELP.

• Thread starter yo0123yo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yo0123yo

yo0123yo

This is my first grow EVER.
I'll attach pictures I took right before posting this so you guys can see.

I'll attach a link to the grow journal I've been keeping with pics of my grow on this site.

My Grow: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/f...s-suggestions-are-greatly-appreciated.108295/

Two of the four look great and the other two don't look HORRIBLE, but they need some help.

I got four plants right now & all are in week 5 of Flower, it's fun to watch BUT I have worries & hope that some of you guys may be able to help me with your opinions, throw in advice and any criticism. Whatever helps is cool & I appreciate any and all help or suggestions.

The problems are that the buds appear to be coming in but weak on some of the plants.
The leaves on 1/4 of the plants are droopy & the ones on some others are yellow & look and feel on the dry side. Anyone with experience?
Also, they seem to must have to be watered very often & more than usual, is this normal?

ANY & ALL help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Flowering week 5   need nutrition help
Flowering week 5   need nutrition help 2
Flowering week 5   need nutrition help 3
Flowering week 5   need nutrition help 4
Flowering week 5   need nutrition help 5
Flowering week 5   need nutrition help 6
Flowering week 5   need nutrition help 7
Flowering week 5   need nutrition help 8
yo0123yo

yo0123yo

Thanks so much for your reply. Any and all other opinions, questions, or constructive criticisms are all very welcome & appreciated.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
While I agree that they look hungry, a lot of strains have yellowing leaves during flowering... but usually later than 5 weeks of flowering. The last photos almost look like a lockout or overdosage of P or K. What are they being grown in and what kind of feeding regimen are you using? They don't look too bad, but they shouldn't be turning colors yet.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I agree with Jim, it looks like a lock out; what's your medium what are you feeding, pH, PPM?? More info will get you a better answer, good luck

yo0123yo

yo0123yo

While I agree that they look hungry, a lot of strains have yellowing leaves during flowering... but usually later than 5 weeks of flowering. The last photos almost look like a lockout or overdosage of P or K. What are they being grown in and what kind of feeding regimen are you using? They don't look too bad, but they shouldn't be turning colors yet.

I agree with Jim, it looks like a lock out; what's your medium what are you feeding, pH, PPM?? More info will get you a better answer, good luck

I am growing in Fox Farm Ocean Farm.

I have been top-dressing during flower using Roots Organics Terp Tea/Uprising Bloom/Uprising Foundation based on the feeding guide from their website.

I also have been using Herculean Harvest from Nectar of the Gods as a supplement on certain days with Recharge. The Water I am using is all RO water at a PH of 7, since I have been top-dressing mainly I havent had to take a PPM reading on the water.

Maybe too much Herc Harvest? Whats the best way to recover prior to harvest time?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Fox Farms is already loaded with nutrients, and P/K are the hardest to leach out, so the nutes originally contained in the Fox Farms added to the other potions and powders probably set things off kilter. Aside from finding out the quantities of N, P, and K in your soil, a flush or two might help... but might not help much. If anything, I would give a quarter strength nitrogen only feeding after a flush, since N is easily removed by leaching. This would help plant get fed while addressing nute imbalance. Of course, if your drainage isn't good, flushing might not be a good idea. In my opinion only.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I am growing in Fox Farm Ocean Farm.

I have been top-dressing during flower using Roots Organics Terp Tea/Uprising Bloom/Uprising Foundation based on the feeding guide from their website.

I also have been using Herculean Harvest from Nectar of the Gods as a supplement on certain days with Recharge. The Water I am using is all RO water at a PH of 7, since I have been top-dressing mainly I havent had to take a PPM reading on the water.

Maybe too much Herc Harvest? Whats the best way to recover prior to harvest time?
Distilled water and I'm guessing RO water do not have the pH that you think they can't be accurately measured by the type meters we use because there aren't enough ions in the water from what I've learned and if you check it after a little while that 7.0 drops to 5/8, also 7.0 is too high anyway for foxfarm, 6.5 is best

also what's that stuff on top is possible that that could be leaching down into your plants when you water?

yo0123yo

yo0123yo

Here's an update today, does anyone have any idea what I can do to relieve that one plant that keeps getting droopy?

20200331 200815
20200331 200806
20200331 200748
20200331 200737
20200331 200839
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It looks to be entering the final part of flowering... how long has it been in flower? Often, the larger fan leaves will yellow and die off during the lst weeks of flowering. They also can change color. Unless you have a deficiency and it is causing the leaves to turn yellow early, although at later flowering, it is common wisdom to go easy on the nitrogen to keep chlorophyll levels to a minimum. The lighting makes it hard to tell exactly what color the leaves are... they almost look lime green or lighter to me.

yo0123yo

yo0123yo

It looks to be entering the final part of flowering... how long has it been in flower? Often, the larger fan leaves will yellow and die off during the lst weeks of flowering. They also can change color. Unless you have a deficiency and it is causing the leaves to turn yellow early, although at later flowering, it is common wisdom to go easy on the nitrogen to keep chlorophyll levels to a minimum. The lighting makes it hard to tell exactly what color the leaves are... they almost look lime green or lighter to me.

Saturday will be 7 weeks of flower. Per Greenpoint Seeds they suggest a 9-11 week window.

You are correct that one or two plants look more lime green. One seems to be a nice healthy green but the buds are not nearly as thick as the others and it droops more than the others.

I am debating just giving straight RO water going forward since it's just about 2 weeks of flower left. What do you think?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Saturday will be 7 weeks of flower. Per Greenpoint Seeds they suggest a 9-11 week window.

You are correct that one or two plants look more lime green. One seems to be a nice healthy green but the buds are not nearly as thick as the others and it droops more than the others.

I am debating just giving straight RO water going forward since it's just about 2 weeks of flower left. What do you think?
It's a matter of preference. I would give maybe a 10% feeding, just to keep them going a little until the end. Flavor really seems to develop in the later weeks and a small snack shouldn't really hurt anything. Some folks feed like crazy then try to flush out the plants, but I prefer to try to mimic nature, when nute levels drop off but don't totally disappear. Consider someone passing of old age... do you suddenly stop feeding them or do you feed them just a little to make them more comfortable? Plants aren't people, but they do seem to react to disruptions in their cycles.

yo0123yo

yo0123yo

So just your opinion as well as anyone else's would be interesting, the only droopy one I have in the latest pictures is annoying, do you think under/oberwat

Kepp89

Kepp89

i use soil but when mine looked droopy like that it was when i waited the extra day to water

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

So just your opinion as well as anyone else's would be interesting, the only droopy one I have in the latest pictures is annoying, do you think under/oberwat

it's not underwatered. which is by itself, not an answer.

overwatered? maybe more perlite next time in that FF mix?

what's the temps & humidity like?

you're close to harvest, now.

yo0123yo

yo0123yo

it's not underwatered. which is by itself, not an answer.

overwatered? maybe more perlite next time in that FF mix?

what's the temps & humidity like?

you're close to harvest, now.

Temperature is around 75 degrees with lights on and 40% humidity. Lights off temp drops to about 68-70 and humidity goes to 45%.

So by close to harvest do you think ill make another 2 weeks based on the seed bank suggested flowering time of 62-75 days.

Currently on day 46 of the flower cycle.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
like @Anthem said feed them!! they are hungry and trying to fatten up!
you have to decide what method your going to chose as flush or not to flush, i suggest googling, researching and deciding!
maybe snip off the really bad leaves only.

Latest posts

Top Bottom