Flowers only on North side of plants?

• Thread starter germancarsonly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
germancarsonly

germancarsonly

This season my plants only had buds on the side of the plants facing the North. Any idea why they did that?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yes that can happen sometimes when the light is uneven. When one side of the plant is getting different light than the other it can effect how the plant flowers. For example I live in Southern California and our fall and winters can sometimes have heatwaves. For instance we are in November right now and there is forecast to be some 80 degree days next week. There have been a few occasions when the longer flowering varieties on my patio started to re-veg because we got a random heat wave with really intense sun. I also realized that my neighbors sensor light was going on at night and it was ever so slightly lighting up that sun facing side of the plant. It must have been the combo of the ultra bright fall sun and also the light pollution. The side of the plant facing the sun started to grow new shoots and was all spindly with vegetative growth. The side that was shaded was in full flower and all frosty looked great. Go figure. This is why I have started to prefer either autos or fast flowering photo period strains for my outdoor grows. From now on I stick with these. This is pretty funny... Once I tried growing a true wild sativa landrace (wild seeds brought home from Fiji) and it just kept growing through the winter and into the spring. The monster wouldn't stop I had to kill it once it got about 9ft tall LOL!

Last edited:
germancarsonly

germancarsonly

@Backyard_Boogie, Thank you for your reply. I'll look into the light sources. I have grown in the same spot for 15 years and never seen this before. I grew my first grow in 1969 and have never seen this happen before. I'm up in Elk Grove and the Summer heat was brutal this year, plus we had over a month of smoke from the wildland fires. I grew two different strains, Purple Punch and Gelato. Both did the North flowering

Top Bottom