Fluctuating humidity in small space

• Thread starter HVACBoatMarinaCarLotBar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HVACBoatMarinaCarLotBar

HVACBoatMarinaCarLotBar

I have a small indoor grow approximately in 4x6 of floor space, with an additional 2 foot deep 6 foot high shelf space on the back side(I framed out an existing closet in my garage and moved the door out 6 feet).

The shelf has a 2x3x5 tent which is used for seed/early veg, and drying purposes.

The tent has a small exhaust fan and plenty of open holes to draw air from the closet, and the closet door isn't sealed so is a conditioned as the rest of the house which stays about 38% humidity and 70 degrees this time of year.

While drying I add a humidifier and dehumidifier directly inside the tent to "control" humidity. This causes the humidity to fluctuate between 46% and 67% over a 4 minute interval with temperatures around 69-71 degrees.

It is currently too late to change the setup, I took down a plant this morning and have another in darkness I'll be hanging up tomorrow. So I am here to ask those with more experience what a possible dry time expectancy could be given these parameters?

This is only my 2nd harvest, the first dried within the tent not utilizing any humidification in 4 days at 37-41% humidity.

🥵

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

What’s the humidity swing of ur lung room or where they are at??

U cab use a controller.....some cheapies on amazon do heat, cool, humidify n de huy all in one

That’s your best bet because your crop will never be good if u can’t cure it properly

I bet ur first crop was bad because of the humidity

Or it looked great but smell like hay

HVACBoatMarinaCarLotBar

HVACBoatMarinaCarLotBar

What’s the humidity swing of ur lung room or where they are at??

U cab use a controller.....some cheapies on amazon do heat, cool, humidify n de huy all in one

That’s your best bet because your crop will never be good if u can’t cure it properly

I bet ur first crop was bad because of the humidity

Or it looked great but smell like hay

Smells great and smokes great. My mystery strand from dispensary seeds was small and sweet but very potent. Blue Dream is a little harsh but very blueberry tasting and potent. The Bubba didn't do well, kind of "spicy" but bland and a little harsh for my taste.

By controller do you mean a 110v control that I just plug my Hum/Dehum into and set parameters?

Last edited:
Top Bottom