Flushed Too Late Need Help

• Thread starter leo1991
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leo1991

leo1991

Hello all ,unfortunately because I had the wrong idea about flushing I flushed TODAY my plant but its ready in 2 days max for harvest. I read that the flushing must take part 2 weeks before harvest for soil growers but now its too late. So to the point... should I harvest in 2 days or should I wait more ? Plant is really ready to harvest. I post a pic from the top bud. Thank you for your time

Flushed too late need help
Madmax

Madmax

Not much you can do...if its ready its ready..just keep giving water...usually in soil outdoors you fert 2 weeks before pulling then just give them water...

Monster762

Monster762

Hello all ,unfortunately because I had the wrong idea about flushing I flushed TODAY my plant but its ready in 2 days max for harvest. I read that the flushing must take part 2 weeks before harvest for soil growers but now its too late. So to the point... should I harvest in 2 days or should I wait more ? Plant is really ready to harvest. I post a pic from the top bud. Thank you for your time
Looks good. Calm down. Yes I believe in flushing 2 weeks but
Your plant is faded. That’s says it’s not taking or is stripped of nutes now. Are all leaves yellowed out like that? No green. If so I’d say you’re good. If there was an abundance of nutes you wouldn’t lost the green. Not rushing you I didn’t see trichs but I’d say go for it when you’re ready. Dry it slow. Look up drying if this first run. I aim for 60 degrees 60% rh ton of air transfer but not blowing direct on buds.

leo1991

leo1991

Not much you can do...if its ready its ready..just keep giving water...usually in soil outdoors you fert 2 weeks before pulling then just give them water...
I didn't use fert for the past 2 weeks I just gave them water! The problem is that I didn't flush 2 weeks before harvest but instead I watered with the casual way.

leo1991

leo1991

T
Looks good. Calm down. Yes I believe in flushing 2 weeks but
Your plant is faded. That’s says it’s not taking or is stripped of nutes now. Are all leaves yellowed out like that? No green. If so I’d say you’re good. If there was an abundance of nutes you wouldn’t lost the green. Not rushing you I didn’t see trichs but I’d say go for it when you’re ready. Dry it slow. Look up drying if this first run. I aim for 60 degrees 60% rh ton of air transfer but not blowing direct on buds.
thanks for the advise mate. I usually go for 20 degrees Celsius but a bit lower on rh.. try to hit 50 to 55% rh.. is this too fast?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I didn't use fert for the past 2 weeks I just gave them water! The problem is that I didn't flush 2 weeks before harvest but instead I watered with the casual way.

Just to try to straighten out the misinformation here. Giving water only the last two weeks is what most growers are actually calling flushing for harvest. They hope to yellow the plant some. It is also labeled fading.

Flushing as you are saying is called leaching and this is done to wash out excess salts immediately. Not let the plant use up the nutrients in the soil over time that have built up. It is an emergency procedure when the plant is overfed and burning.

All that said. Your plant was hungry and I would have fed tapering off to a low dose. Best results in my experience are from a medium green plant at harvest. I will fertilize right up to the end if I have to to keep my plant healthy and producing until harvest.

We have done blind taste tests with patients and the dispensary I used to supply has confirmed with lab tests for potency. The faded plant has less flavor and less potency than the properly fed plant. I also ran 3 sets of cuttings 3 times each to test in my own garden about two years ago and reported on RIU 315 lec thread.

O

Monster762

Monster762

Oh That 2 weeks water only is your flush. Like I said looking good see nothing to worry about they look faded well. You don’t have to actually flush flush 2 weeks out. It does give a jumpstart on stripping em though. If you’re rushed or overfed flush flush first but the 2 weeks seems to have done you well.

Monster762

Monster762

There is reason for flushing. Warehouse growers may not agree but point is in that case quantity over quality. Period. The man growing in his shed is going to care more about the product. Grab anything from a dispensary shelf you can tell. There’s a lot of things these larger scale ops don’t give a chit about. And all their lab tested true this n that is their labs. No proof anything on the label is true.just word. Most cases it’s not. Large ops do things like not flushing and even knocking trichs off buds to make concentrates then selling the buds too. All beat down.
Diffence between having a house dog and kennel of dogs Just picture that
Just to try to straighten out the misinformation here. Giving water only the last two weeks is what most growers are actually calling flushing for harvest. They hope to yellow the plant some. It is also labeled fading.

Flushing as you are saying is called leaching and this is done to wash out excess salts immediately. Not let the plant use up the nutrients in the soil over time that have built up. It is an emergency procedure when the plant is overfed and burning.

All that said. Your plant was hungry and I would have fed tapering off to a low dose. Best results in my experience are from a medium green plant at harvest. I will fertilize right up to the end if I have to to keep my plant healthy and producing until harvest.

We have done blind taste tests with patients and the dispensary I used to supply has confirmed with lab tests for potency. The faded plant has less flavor and less potency than the properly fed plant. I also ran 3 sets of cuttings 3 times each to test in my own garden about two years ago and reported on RIU 315 lec thread.

O
is this why most med grade is crap. No flush ? definately no time for cure
Output over all

mass production kills quality in almost all cases.
From groceries to cars to people and yup dispensary weed too.
T

thanks for the advise mate. I usually go for 20 degrees Celsius but a bit lower on rh.. try to hit 50 to 55% rh.. is this too fast?
Yeah that’s 68 degrees f I’d aim at the 55 if you can don’t blow air direct on em.
Different areas will be a little different. Like here one day outside be 100% humidity then be 30% the next day. That does play into things sometimes.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@Monster762 flushing is definitely done by commercial cash crop growers. It was actually invented by them a long time ago. I think it was 1990 when I visited a large underground grow facility in philly.

The way the old grower explained it was he could pump the plants full of fertilizer to get them as big as possible and then “flush” them out for quicker sale. He said it would taste smoother if he yellowed it out a bit before harvest.

I think that’s the old Dutch way of doing things. That’s why it’s in the old grow books like that.

And I don’t defend any store pot I have seen medical or otherwise. If it’s retail they grow on a schedule. I actually started growing myself because of awful “legal” pot.

Funny. Never had an issue getting high on black market pot for 30 years.

I grow for quality first. Yield came with practice and I have tested all these stupid grow book and forum myths since I started. I learned from university and greenhouse agricultural guides as a beginner. And compared them to grow books. I think ed rosenthals is still the best even today.

I stand by my belief. And so does science. A plant fed properly through its cycle and the nute concentration tapered off to the plants needs during ripening will give best taste, smell and potency.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I stand by my belief. And so does science. A plant fed properly through its cycle and the nute concentration tapered off to the plants needs during ripening will give best taste, smell and potency.
I fully agree with you. No flushing needed if you are feeding it only what it needs in flower and taper your feeding back gradually at the end of the flower cycle. I think the a lot people are led to believe plants in flower need more nutrients to achieve a higher yield and more trichs during flower compared to feeding in veg. resulting in nutrient buildup in the media. Then they have to flush. In veg I feed 200-400ppm more than I feed in flower.
[/QUOTE]
i am under the impression flushing is bro science. been reading some articles on it.
If you are over feeding or not feeding them what they are uptaking in flower and creating excess nutrients in your media, then flushing would be needed IMO.

Lordovdabuds

Lordovdabuds

Keep flushing or long cure

Latest posts

Top Bottom