flushing an organic outdoor grow?

• Thread starter medmanmilan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

medmanmilan

so my Blue dream and Sour diesel are starting to flower, first off, I need to ask, how in hell would i flush these suckers? imean I put them in 100 gallons of soil each and planted them in the ground, pouring hundreds and hundreds of gallons on them seems so wasteful, so what would you guys say? I've heard some people say that as long as your organic you dont need flushing and this being my first organic grow, I dont know what to do. the roots organics nutrient regimen says to stop feeding them in the last week or two of flowering, but is this really necessary, I mean in all of my indoor grows I usually feed up to the day, or days before I cut.

secondly, in case you do say I should flush, do you guys know what month the BD and SD will finish? I live in nor-cal if that helps.

thirdly, any tips on molasses? I've been using 15ml/gal of blackstrap molasses since they started showing preflowers, what do you guys say about that? more, less?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's a bit much on the molasses, cut it down to 5mls/gallon (1 teaspoon) and you'll still be golden.

As for flushing, don't worry about it. Just be sure to stop feeding two to three weeks ahead of when you think they're looking finished. As for finishing times, rather strain and weather dependent. Some may be ready for chop in September, but most seem to need to go until sometime in October. That said, if there's weather coming and you're looking at losing crop, you may need to chop before you think they're ready. So start preparing to take them down in October.

There's no point in feeding what they're not going to use, so yes, stop feeding about two weeks or so prior. They will use up what's in the soil. If you want or need to spur yellowing, you can up the molasses a little bit. Also, you don't have to stay married to molasses, other simple sugars can work well, too. For instance, last year the only thing I used for sugars on my OD organic gals was malted barley extract. Everyone who smoked it told me not to change whatever it was I was doing.

hubcap

hubcap

brown sugar is cheap, and works good, too. ;)

dissolve it in warm water....let cool. and apply as you would any other feed.

-cap

M

medmanmilan

I'm not against using other sugars, but it just so happens that molasses usually is the cheapest (I just got it for $13 a gallon on amazon), but also another reason to use specifically blackstrap molasses is since it has the least sugar left out of all the grades of molasses, it has left in, a significant amount of phosphorus and works as a bit of a cal-mag supplement. Or so I've read, lol correct me if that's wrong.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't use it as a Ca/Mg supplement, though it does provide small amounts. Iron, too, I think.

Brown sugar happens to have molasses in it, along with more refined sugar (my grandfather used to be a sugarcane farmer). I had to dilute the malted barley extract down so it would be pourable.

Top Bottom