Flushing? How long?

• Thread starter fictionsuit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fictionsuit

fictionsuit

So talking to friends of mine today one guy said he flushes for 3 days and me and my buddy were like WTF? at least 10 days probably 14 days is how long we would flush. How long do you flush your cannabis before you harvest? We both think the other is crazy for how long they flush. My friend says since he was doing all Organic he only needed 3 days. Is this true?

Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
So talking to friends of mine today one guy said he flushes for 3 days and me and my buddy were like WTF? at least 10 days probably 14 days is how long we would flush. How long do you flush your cannabis before you harvest? We both think the other is crazy for how long they flush. My friend says since he was doing all Organic he only needed 3 days. Is this true?
10 to 14 days for chem grow , 7 to 10 days for a organic grow just my opinion .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thank you! Just told them and your advice is taken well!
I find the 2 weeks of flush they put on a bit more size n weight , that’s running my lights at 11/13 the longer they sleep the bigger they get ,they then have finished at 12 weeks .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If you overfeed flushing is needed (way before harvest to correct feeding preferably). If you feed properly flushing for 2 weeks starves the plant and reduces yield and quality.

Flushing is actually called leaching in agriculture and is a technique to remove excess salt buildup. That is all.

fictionsuit

fictionsuit

If you overfeed flushing is needed (way before harvest to correct feeding preferably). If you feed properly flushing for 2 weeks starves the plant and reduces yield and quality.

Flushing is actually called leaching in agriculture and is a technique to remove excess salt buildup. That is all.
So are you saying to flush the plant is a myth?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So are you saying to flush the plant is a myth?

No im saying that it is not an either/ or decision.

When i was young commercial growers i dealt with told me they could pump the plants full of nutrients to maximize yield and then “flush” the medium out for a couple weeks to help “cure” the weed faster for sale. The thought being that if the plants fade before harvest the buds would have less chlorophyll taste.

In my experience and testing this is only partially helpful. Plants that were fed properly to the end still tasted better right out of the drying closet and were more potent every time over faded plants. And if overfed we could always tell.

Moshmen

Moshmen

New guy here, I “flushed “ in Soil before now I’m in promix (first few grows) balance feed of pbp grow throughout , water only last time before chop and so far the only difference I notice is in yield and quality! Still smokes smooth burns good no runs white ash blah blah blah, and no long flush! But no science behind this just an observation!

Top Bottom