Flushing plants has no value?

• Thread starter Oldschool61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

This is not a new idea tbh mate iv been having this argument with my dad for a few years now, there is scientific evidence to back it up as well but for me I always flush and I wouldn't dream of not flushing .I grow in coco and I no it can hold nutrients in the coco easily if slightly over fed and when running seeds and different strains its very hard to give every plant the perfect amount of nutrients. Now my dad on the other hand he grows in hydro dwc and uses a automated feeding system called adwino (not sure how to spell it) basically it is a e.c/ppm and ph meter that is constantly taking readings from his main nutrient brain and it records and adjust the e.c/ppm and ph according to the intake of the plant, there for never overfeeding and u can physically see it on a chart raise the e.c in peak flower and then the e.c drop off towards the end of flower according to the plants needs , so I understand that his plants may not need flushing as he is only giving them exactly what they need . But ... if u are growing in a medium where nutrients can be stored in medium I think it is a must . Also to say flushing doesn't work is like saying if u overfeeding nitrogen and leafs claw and go dark green then lowering the e.c/ppm will not lighten the leaf colour. Obviously its each to there own and u should do what works for u .
How do your dad's plants look?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Maybe we need a loony bin here, don't ban them ignore them and send them to a room full of loonies......It could be a fun read......I don't enter into these arguments but I get chuckle out of reading some of them. Just let them mingle behind a wall........like in a Zoo........There ya go exile them to the Zoo.
Better yet you can shadow ban them by having an administrative control that everytime they try and click on the "Post Reply" button the cursor moves. We can do it where a list of the banned can be posted and the time they spent trying to get their rage post to post before they realize they're being punked.

It would be great fun and we could even do some small time wagers to see who can guess who'll try and post the longest. No money. Maybe just seeds or clones to wager? 😄

E

elusiveshame

Better yet you can shadow ban them by having an administrative control that everytime they try and click on the "Post Reply" button the cursor moves. We can do it where a list of the banned can be posted and the time they spent trying to get their rage post to post before they realize they're being punked.

It would be great fun and we could even do some small time wagers to see who can guess who'll try and post the longest. No money. Maybe just seeds or clones to wager? 😄

There was an app back in the day that did this, but the trick was to just use the tab key to highlight the button and use the spacebar. Same would apply here, so what you'd need to do is when they click the button, the button just changes to a different spot on the screen and/or never submits for them.

Though I like the idea of having it submit, look like their post was posted, and just never have it show up for anyone. If you were nice, you could make it show up for them, but nobody else, or just fuck with them and have it not show up for them either. Whichever sounds more annoying is the one I'd do for people that were banned lol

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

There was an app back in the day that did this, but the trick was to just use the tab key to highlight the button and use the spacebar. Same would apply here, so what you'd need to do is when they click the button, the button just changes to a different spot on the screen and/or never submits for them.

Though I like the idea of having it submit, look like their post was posted, and just never have it show up for anyone. If you were nice, you could make it show up for them, but nobody else, or just fuck with them and have it not show up for them either. Whichever sounds more annoying is the one I'd do for people that were banned lol
My hope would be that we make it on to a reddit subredit like AITA...... 😄

Tremojem

Tremojem

Maybe we need a loony bin here, don't ban them ignore them and send them to a room full of loonies......It could be a fun read......I don't enter into these arguments but I get chuckle out of reading some of them. Just let them mingle behind a wall........like in a Zoo........There ya go exile them to the Zoo.
Genius!!! The toxicity of it all is very depressing. Its also derailing in a sense.

But if going into the looney bin with intent and the understanding of what is expected, could be funny. You would know exactly what to expect and be ready to be a fly on the wall, so to speak.

I like Zoo too.

I also like the phantom post and moving target.

I gotta say, I really am impressed with this community and its culture. I can't imagine its stewards having more patience. You really work to communicate to them, that they need to chill. Then you provide adequate time for adjustment, then react accordingly, while providing complete transparency. This in turn reveals the legitimacy of your actions. I mean you are really great people. I know I am newly active on this forum, but I started on forums years ago, in the musicians forums and was very green. I don't recall any real toxic threads there, so what I have witnessed more recently on Cannabis forums is very surprising and unsettling. But not here. Managed in a very transparent and honest way.

Hey, please don't think me a newbie kissing ass, its not my intention. I am truly impressed!!!

Best to you.

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Genius!!! The toxicity of it all is very depressing. Its also derailing in a sense.

But if going into the looney bin with intent and the understanding of what is expected, could be funny. You would know exactly what to expect and be ready to be a fly on the wall, so to speak.

I like Zoo too.

I also like the phantom post and moving target.

I gotta say, I really am impressed with this community and its culture. I can't imagine its stewards having more patience. You really work to communicate to them, that they need to chill. Then you provide adequate time for adjustment, then react accordingly, while providing complete transparency. This in turn reveals the legitimacy of your actions. I mean you are really great people. I know I am newly active on this forum, but I started on forums years ago, in the musicians forums and was very green. I don't recall any real toxic threads there, so what I have witnessed more recently on Cannabis forums is very surprising and unsettling. But not here. Managed in a very transparent and honest way.

Hey, please don't think me a newbie kissing ass, its not my intention. I am truly impressed!!!

Best to you.
WOOHOO! Fellow musician. What are you playing?

Tremojem

Tremojem

Look at my avatar...it has a pic of some gear.

I play guitar. My Brother plays the drums, in our all original instrumental prog rock band, that no one ever hears except family...LOL. But it is my life and I love it. Sure, when I was a young buck, I dreamed of making it big. But thats just frosting. I play because of the love of it. Music kinda defines me in a way. It is what keeps me going. Music is life changing.

Ibanez Jem
PRS Single Cut
Two Tremoverbs
One Ceriatone 1968 Plexi Super Lead
One Marshall 4x4 JCM 900, 1960 Lead
I run a WDW rig

Don't want to hijack thread. But am happy to continue with both pedal boards and rack in another thread or private conversation.

So nice to meet you fellow musician(s).

Best to you.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Look at my avatar...it has a pic of some gear.

I play guitar. My Brother plays the drums, in our all original instrumental prog rock band, that no one ever hears except family...LOL. But it is my life and I love it. Sure, when I was a young buck, I dreamed of making it big. But thats just frosting. I play because of the love of it. Music kinda defines me in a way. It is what keeps me going. Music is life changing.

Ibanez Jem
PRS Single Cut
Two Tremoverbs
One Ceriatone 1968 Plexi Super Lead
One Marshall 4x4 JCM 900, 1960 Lead
I run a WDW rig

Don't want to hijack thread. But am happy to continue with both pedal boards and rack in another thread or private conversation.

So nice to meet you fellow musician(s).

Best to you.
I bet that Marshall Stack rocks like no other. I had a half stack but sold it when I was young and dumb. Now I jam on Line 6 with my Dean Dimebolt guitar. I have a Jackson Dinky also.

Top Bottom