Flushing question i need some help.

• Thread starter Deforced
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deforced

Deforced

Right, I'm growing in flood and drain system and in 60/40 coco claypebbles mix. When it comes to flushing ill fill the water butt with plain water and begin my flush for 7days, the water has a ec value at 0.3 when going in but gradually gets higher and higher with every flush which I'm assuming it's because its a recirculating system its dragging the nutrients out of the medium. Now when it comes to harvesting and I dry it out correctly, when I try it always seems to have a harsh taste and I'm more than certain it's down to the flush. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Many thanks

Ponky

Ponky

Flush for 15 days with RO. And replace it a few times during.

growsince79

growsince79

When I ran flood tables in geolite, I just used plain water changed daily the last 3 days and it tasted and burned great. Using promix now and start plain water one week before harvest. Most taste great, the ones that don't isn't because of the flush - its genetic. Some plants suck no matter how well its grown and dried.

2Bad

2Bad

Right, I'm growing in flood and drain system and in 60/40 coco claypebbles mix. When it comes to flushing ill fill the water butt with plain water and begin my flush for 7days, the water has a ec value at 0.3 when going in but gradually gets higher and higher with every flush which I'm assuming it's because its a recirculating system its dragging the nutrients out of the medium. Now when it comes to harvesting and I dry it out correctly, when I try it always seems to have a harsh taste and I'm more than certain it's down to the flush. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Many thanks
It could be genetic. How are you drying? How long, etc

2Bad

2Bad

Thanks guys, im drying for 7days on drying nets
Are you drying in complete darkness, the dark helps eliminate chlorophyll . The longer you dry they say the more chlorophyll is released and chlorophyll is what makes it harsh.

Deforced

Deforced

Are you drying in complete darkness, the dark helps eliminate chlorophyll . The longer you dry they say the more chlorophyll is released and chlorophyll is what makes it harsh.
Yes in complete darkness too. I'll give it an extra few days drying before I try some next time. Thanks

Top Bottom