Flushing Question

• Thread starter Robert Gray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Robert Gray

so I may be in a rush to cut down here due to some smell issues with my neighbors...so my question to you guys is ---

I have 15 gallon pots, if I were to continuously run say 5 gallon buckets of water continuously through the plant, and vacuum it out until the water comes out clear, would that be considered a proper flush? And result in a good taste and finish?

Thank you for any input.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

It might take more than one treatment but it wouldn't hurt.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
so I may be in a rush to cut down here due to some smell issues with my neighbors...so my question to you guys is ---

I have 15 gallon pots, if I were to continuously run say 5 gallon buckets of water continuously through the plant, and vacuum it out until the water comes out clear, would that be considered a proper flush? And result in a good taste and finish?

Thank you for any input.
No, flushing takes time to properly finish the growth process of your ladies. Ultimately in my opinion 6-8 days of flushing will be adequate for a proper medicine that you can smoke and properly digest.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
No need to use alot of water unless you have a problem, running a bunch of water through your media won't be the same as a two week long period of just water. The final flush gives the plant time to use stored nutrients in the leaves. If you don't feed heavily your smoke should be smooth without a flush.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
No need to use alot of water unless you have a problem, running a bunch of water through your media won't be the same as a two week long period of just water. The final flush gives the plant time to use stored nutrients in the leaves. If you don't feed heavily your smoke should be smooth without a flush.
Different strokes for different folkes. All depends on feeding and size.

R

Robert Gray

Ahhh, so by watering every night I'm kinda messing up the plants finish and disturbing the stored chemicals the plant uses through out the finish? So should I not water them nightly during flush???

Water every couple days and then do the dump/vacuum/dump/vacuum process for the last final flush?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
No, what it sounded like you were gonna do is dump tens of gallons of water through there. Water as normal the last two weeks just don't add fertilizer. This forces the plant to use stored fertilizer and chlorophyll in the leaves, giving you a smoother smoke.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Ahhh, so by watering every night I'm kinda messing up the plants finish and disturbing the stored chemicals the plant uses through out the finish? So should I not water them nightly during flush???

Water every couple days and then do the dump/vacuum/dump/vacuum process for the last final flush?

Flush with bonemeal that will help

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

If you fed commercial hydroponic nutes at recommended dose, there's no flushing it out. Thats how subjective "flushing" is.

Seems most these threads are new growers trying to get experienced growers to rate their Cannabis for them, over the Internet. No offense but you got the plants in front of you, we don't. And you know your own capabilities and grow methods. Do you have taste buds? If not then sure, the smoke will be smooth.

Sorry to sound so rude, but you know you can taste Cannabis right off the plant. Pluck some leaves and have a suck. If it wrinkles your face up, youve got a long ways to go before the smoke will be smooth.

Top Bottom