Flushing Question

• Thread starter Therighthigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Therighthigh

Therighthigh

Soooooo My last flush i felt i took too long to flush then ended up harvesting later than i expected and majority of the leaves were still green and took forever to cure. i want to avoid that now being my second indoor grow im just looking for info and a little clarity on flushing to see if i did it right.
Soo my forbidden fruit inside is going into week 7 now, it is a 7 to 9 week strain. i'm growing in roots organic coco, should i start flushing after this week? when i flush the first initial time i know i proceed to just give water from then forth. But do i flush just the first time and none after that? or every watering would be a flush up until the dry out before harvest?

DismalDude

DismalDude

Soooooo My last flush i felt i took too long to flush then ended up harvesting later than i expected and majority of the leaves were still green and took forever to cure. i want to avoid that now being my second indoor grow im just looking for info and a little clarity on flushing to see if i did it right.
Soo my forbidden fruit inside is going into week 7 now, it is a 7 to 9 week strain. i'm growing in roots organic coco, should i start flushing after this week? when i flush the first initial time i know i proceed to just give water from then forth. But do i flush just the first time and none after that? or every watering would be a flush up until the dry out before harvest?
I always flush my grow.Last grow I used a flushing agent from General Hydro and it worked great.Florakleen,yeah,that's it. In the meantime I've gone organic and am no longer on an NPK regimen.Confusing at first but I'm getting the gist of it.With the NFTG regimen you flush with Herculean in the end.The thing I'm learning about the flush is that you're basically freeing up the nutrients in your soil so that they can then be absorbed by your plant because before they had combined with other things in the soil and were not in a form that the plant could use.When I ran an NPK regimen I would flush for 15 days.I may still flush that long but in a way that the plant doesn't completely starve.Sorry to ramble,I think out loud with a keyboard sometimes.

Therighthigh

Therighthigh

I always flush my grow.Last grow I used a flushing agent from General Hydro and it worked great.Florakleen,yeah,that's it. In the meantime I've gone organic and am no longer on an NPK regimen.Confusing at first but I'm getting the gist of it.With the NFTG regimen you flush with Herculean in the end.The thing I'm learning about the flush is that you're basically freeing up the nutrients in your soil so that they can then be absorbed by your plant because before they had combined with other things in the soil and were not in a form that the plant could use.When I ran an NPK regimen I would flush for 15 days.I may still flush that long but in a way that the plant doesn't completely starve.Sorry to ramble,I think out loud with a keyboard sometimes.

haha don't trip man i totally get what your getting at. i"ve been reading up on the dry fertilizers from roots organic for a top dressing style feeding going forward. Really thinking about doing a side by side with the advanced nutrients i'm running.... a guy on youtube i watch says 7 to 21 day flush depending on how heavy youve fed. but you did help out going to give it this weeks feeding and flush starting next week.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I always have Florakleen around for when (not if) I mis-calculate..Have gone thru gallons of the stuff..LOL

Works great..My PPMs in the runoff fall below 100 easily in 7-10 days..:smoking:

Therighthigh

Therighthigh

I always have Florakleen around for when (not if) I mis-calculate..Have gone thru gallons of the stuff..LOL

Works great..My PPMs in the runoff fall below 100 easily in 7-10 days..:smoking:
thats dope lol. i have flawless finish, it came with the pack of nutes i ordered. but i coulda been high but i dont believe i used it right reading up more now since im going into the ending weeks

Bannacis

Bannacis

I have never used a flushing agent, Just plain ole clean water. 2 weeks before harvest. No more feeding, lowered the temps also, need that fall weather...lol big ole sucker leaves start yellowing up. that's a sign you flushed good and the plant is drawing from is reserve leaves. Less is more...

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have never used a flushing agent, Just plain ole clean water. 2 weeks before harvest. No more feeding, lowered the temps also, need that fall weather...lol big ole sucker leaves start yellowing up. that's a sign you flushed good and the plant is drawing from is reserve leaves. Less is more...
Problem is when you miss, and you want to chop now..flushing agents to the rescue.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I get much better results feeding to the end but tapering off the strength of the nutes as they ripen.

Maybe water only the last time or two.

Better potency and yield. And buds are smooth enough to smoke right off a dry branch.

Of course some proper jar time makes it smoke better.

Also only use a Grow ratio all the way to the end.

Just my opinion from my own testing and patient reviews.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I get much better results feeding to the end but tapering off the strength of the nutes as they ripen.

Maybe water only the last time or two.

Better potency and yield. And buds are smooth enough to smoke right off a dry branch.

Of course some proper jar time makes it smoke better.

Also only use a Grow ratio all the way to the end.

Just my opinion from my own testing and patient reviews.
Very well said, I do the same. Pure white ash with loud terps...

Enforcer

Enforcer

The last few grows I’ve been flushing for the last two weeks with RO water, and Epsom salt to an EC=0.6. IMO a better flush than the Flawless Finish I tried (basically the same thing) and way better than no flush at all.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Imo it really depends on your growing medium and ferts. I’ve tried various flushing routines over the years and it just depends.

I taper off my ferts the last couple weeks as well just so I’m not wasting them but I no longer do any sort of flushing. Just plain tap water the last week or so to get the best bang for my buck with my ferts.

Flushing agents can be useful for other things tho so they are handy to have just in case.

MisterSkunk

MisterSkunk

Florakleen is glucose based so it can be organic. All R.O. products are organic also besides their synth line. Ive done the pepsi challenge with just water vs florakleen. Been using florakleen for 10yrs. 1/2 cap per every 2 gal the last 1.5 weeks of flower every other day.

DismalDude

DismalDude

20180827 090939

20180827 090949

My girls after flush.Chopped and hung this morning.

Therighthigh

Therighthigh

The last few grows I’ve been flushing for the last two weeks with RO water, and Epsom salt to an EC=0.6. IMO a better flush than the Flawless Finish I tried (basically the same thing) and way better than no flush at all.

Definitely i know already im going to flush. Im just deciding when to. I have 3 strains that could go 10 weeks and one going 9 weeks. So its just me deciding the time too flush. Have just been checking trichs lately. Literally took like a month and a half to cure and i felt it still could have went longer on my last harvest. First time grower mistakes haha

Therighthigh

Therighthigh

Florakleen is glucose based so it can be organic. All R.O. products are organic also besides their synth line. Ive done the pepsi challenge with just water vs florakleen. Been using florakleen for 10yrs. 1/2 cap per every 2 gal the last 1.5 weeks of flower every other day.

Thats kind of what i was shooting for. 63 days so start flushing around day 50 right? Rule of thumb usually so ive been reading

Therighthigh

Therighthigh

Imo it really depends on your growing medium and ferts. I’ve tried various flushing routines over the years and it just depends.

I taper off my ferts the last couple weeks as well just so I’m not wasting them but I no longer do any sort of flushing. Just plain tap water the last week or so to get the best bang for my buck with my ferts.

Flushing agents can be useful for other things tho so they are handy to have just in case.

Haha definitely what medium are you running? I am using roots organic original. Haven’t given me any issues yet from seed or clone to harvest.. ive read its mostly coco baes with a lil peat moss and other supps to come preloaded. Usually dont give nutrients for like 3 weeks lol

MisterSkunk

MisterSkunk

Thats kind of what i was shooting for. 63 days so start flushing around day 50 right? Rule of thumb usually so ive been reading
IDK 13 days is a bit of stretch for me. I do 7 days. Day 1 florakleen then day 2 water only then repeat. But again thats me and may not work for everyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom