Flushing then feeding synthetics immediately?

• Thread starter Solarscar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Solarscar

Solarscar

Hey farmers. Something I’ve been doing with synthetic nutes is that when i am ready to water them in, I am flushing old salts out with a few gallons of ph’ed tap water, letting it drain for 20 minutes or so then feeding them a half gallon or so of nutrient rich water. My thinking is that I should be feeding without previous synthetic nutes present in the soil. I like to do this if I see a deficiency so I can give them food right away (when soil has dried up) versus flushing with gallons of water, letting it dry out for 2-4 days then feeding nutes. Is this a good practice?

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Hey farmers. Something I’ve been doing with synthetic nutes is that when i am ready to water them in, I am flushing old salts out with a few gallons of ph’ed tap water, letting it drain for 20 minutes or so then feeding them a half gallon or so of nutrient rich water. My thinking is that I should be feeding without previous synthetic nutes present in the soil. I like to do this if I see a deficiency so I can give them food right away (when soil has dried up) versus flushing with gallons of water, letting it dry out for 2-4 days then feeding nutes. Is this a good practice?
What are you growing in? If it’s soil then usually you don’t want to flush all the nutrients out of the soil. Coco on the other hand you want runoff every time you feed or you can run into build up.

Moshmen

Moshmen

He’s feeds synthetic so it does matter - basically if ya watered 20% run off every time it helps with salt build up which is what your trying/doing - it’s no different than flushing as you mentioned but don’t wait for another dry period follow the flush with a good balanced dose - bottom line ur on the right track and if it works for you and your happy roll with it - personally sounds like too much work

Solarscar

Solarscar

Right on. Thanks for your input and reassuring my thought process! Sometimes that’s all we need, right? 😊My pots are dry as we speak and In need of some (more cal-mag 🐄 🔔)

Latest posts

Top Bottom