Flushing with molasses

• Thread starter Ikky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ikky

Ikky

I grow organically and do a two week flush.Last crop I added molasses all the way through. The colors exploded and the trichomes doubled.After the cure packed a bowl and noticed the ash was still black but the flavor was the best I’ve had in a long time. Interested in hearing anyone else who’s tried this.✌️Ikky

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I grow organically and do a two week flush.Last crop I added molasses all the way through. The colors exploded and the trichomes doubled.After the cure packed a bowl and noticed the ash was still black but the flavor was the best I’ve had in a long time. Interested in hearing anyone else who’s tried this.✌Ikky
Sounds more like a drying/curing issue to me.

the rrock

the rrock

nah I use molasses but not during flush,do you have pics of the exploding colors and doubled trichomes,sounds like alot of action from alittle bit of sugar over a two week period

B

Burned Haze

Are you applying this method ( molasses only ) for sugar to your plants + helps flavors ? do you realize it’s only for the beneficial bacteria and little more ( not much nutes and no sugars like terps convert to sugars like that ) for example I would just add vanilla and my plant would just taste like that if that was true lol or anything like that. ( those smells from terps have to do with genetics point of view, when you pick it, how you treated it like the environmental life and process and curing = results of taste )

(Molasses)= it’s to feed the bennies/fungi, my only suggestion during flush (7-21 days ) I would do enzymes as well ( it really helps break down roots and help “ circle of life “ ) so if you have a high population of bennies ( feed some molasses to keep the population strong , I would even do 25-5o % suggested rate during last few days )

Last edited by a moderator:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Are you applying this method ( molasses only ) for sugar to your plants + helps flavors ? do you realize it’s only for the beneficial bacteria and little more ( not much nutes and no sugars like terps convert to sugars like that ) for example I would just add vanilla and my plant would just taste like that if that was true lol or anything like that. ( those smells from terps have to do with genetics point of view, when you pick it, how you treated it like the environmental life and process and curing = results of taste )

(Molasses)= it’s to feed the bennies/fungi, my only suggestion during flush (7-21 days ) I would do enzymes as well ( it really helps break down roots and help “ circle of life “ ) so if you have a high population of bennies ( feed some molasses to keep the population strong , I would even do 25-5o % suggested rate during last few days )

Since the plant feeds the bennies at the root zone as they feed the plant in a symbiotic relationship what is the benefit to giving the bennies an alternate food source?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
One of the biggest misconceptions or Urban Legends about Molasses is that they are used by the plant to make the taste better. Like @BurnedHaze said, the molasses only benefits the bacteria in your soil...if you are using this type of soil. The molasses itself doesn't benefit the plant and could possibly change the roots ability to uptake water if the concentration is too strong. Using Promix/Coco/Fox Farms as a grow medium doesn't usually support microorganisms, at least like the plants would benefit from. Flushing is also somewhat of a controversial process, but that too has it's benefits and drawbacks depending on your process. One thing molasses CAN provide is micronutrients, which are usually overlooked and not a common issue for most growers. Keep up the good work!

B

Burned Haze

Molasses to boost soil microbial activity has been talked about for many decades and the theory has been that it provides an energy source for microbes that can be utilized equally well by all soil organisms.

However, field applications that I have studied, have not tended to produce many convincing responses. For instance, Recent research by SWEP laboratories, has begun to shed light on this issue by looking at soil biology from a balance perspective (according to the principles of the Mikhail System) that has shown some significant effects on soil biology, but are now finding that the soilfoodweb is much more complex than expected - something Dr. Elaine Ingham (www.soilfoodweb.com) could have told them many years ago.

Results of these studies appear to indicate that the lowest application rates work best for fungi and cellulose utilizers, while some bacteria showed the opposite response, with activity increasing as the application rate increased. So my 'take' on this is that BALANCE is the prerequisite to consider, involving the type of microbes you want to supply, based on what you are attempting to accomplish.

With regard to feeding compost tea microbe population (liquid environment, not solids), in my opinion there is no equal in the field, to Dr. Ingham. However, tea must be aerated and fed more than just molasses to accomplish such objective effectively. [11]

I love molasses, I use direct in the end, make my own em1, seagreen

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Molasses doesn't do anything the internet thinks it does.

Enjoy your black ash. Youre right on track. American weed, unsmokable in 2019. That Tahoe I just picked up smelling like stale necco wafers and tasting like bitter lemon peels.. Typical forum weed. Feeding the microbes.. Sure.. All that burnt caramel on the glass. Feeding the glass microbes burnt sugars..?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The Black Ash reminds me of a White Fly infestation. The white flies leave a honeydew type of material on the plant. It still is potent, but produces a black ash and burns lousy. White Flies are a bitch to control once they get a foothold, but the black ash and bugs is cemented into my memory!

Madbud

Madbud

Unsulfured blackstrap molasses is loaded with potassium, i use it in flower at a teaspoon/gallon.

FarmerShaggy

FarmerShaggy

Hi
Im
New but old so what’s bennnies
And my trichomes are staying clear on me and it’s been 10 weeks in flower
Hard strain called Allan wrench and I’ve let get grow for about 9 months now
I just can’t get the cloudy Amber colors yet
I was thinking a magnesium for a couple weeks and a flush or vice versa what do you think?

Latest posts

Top Bottom