Flushing With Well Water

• Thread starter scott.0691
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
scott.0691

scott.0691

Searched the forum but couldn't find a definitive answer...so if I didn't search good enough my apologies..

I live in rural NC on well water...pH 9.0 TDS 271...use Flora Trio (Hardwater and NO CalMag) after Nutes I adjust pH to 5.8..H2O temp consistent 75 degrees..never had an issue with the temp so I do not chill the water at all...it is what it is...So, when it comes to flushing I have read plain tap water..but at a pH of 9? Granted the plant will not be up taking nutrients but it is the pH swing that concerns me..should I continue to adjust the water to a pH of 5.8 like I do between feedings? Growing LSD Fem in Coco....Thank you for your input and suggestions..

scubascrog

scubascrog

honestly. the point of flushing is to get nutrients out of the soil. if the ph is off they arent getting the nutrients so i wouldnt bother phing it. unless you want them to suck up some finishing product the last 2 weeks like some do. depends on how done your plants are . if they are fat and look like they arent going to get any fatter in the 2 weeks just throw it straight in there. or you can ph it doesn't take that much longer to do it :)

scubascrog

scubascrog

and if you are in coco you need to be feeding EVERY WATERING. :)

scott.0691

scott.0691

So basically go with what your comfortable with either or....I was concerned that since flushing causes the plant to pull all the nutes from the leaves (mainly N) the pH will effect the quality in the last two weeks..I could be way off on that..just being cautious

scott.0691

scott.0691

I give her plain pH'd water between feedings for two reasons..helps prevent lockout/burn and flush salts from the medium..since I have such high levels of TDS..Week 5 Day 2 of Flower

IMG 0430
scubascrog

scubascrog

you can let it auto drip and forget if you lower it im just saying. set a timer and forget about switching water in , or you are doing it by hand and still treating it like soil? the point of coco is to push like 5 feedings a day.

looking good tho :)

scott.0691

scott.0691

TBH I have never thought about placing the feedings on a drip timer..I hand water daily..what would one need as far as a setup for an "Auto Drip"

scott.0691

scott.0691

Thanks for the input...clicked on your link before your last post...will definitely be reading!!..I use a DTW schedule..Run Off would be problem for me though...I do not have a very complex setup...

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Get those trays for washers at your local Homedepot, , it will hold up to 20 gals of run off, elevate the plants so it doesn’t sit in water, vacuum her off daily, or setup a drain to allow runoff to go somewhere, usually ppl elevate the whole tray like 1’ and drain to a bucket with a sumo pump that will flush that water out. A ac condensate pump works well , cheap, like $80-125
That tray is about 80$ and it comes with bulk head fittings for drain
And yes ph that water. Tds wise unless you have a ro system there isn’t a way to lower that.

scott.0691

scott.0691

Thanks for the input..I have the pot elevated about 1” with a cookie sheet with a backery drying rack which the pot sits on one end is elevated to allow the water to drain to one end...I end up vacuuming with a bucket head from Home Depot after I water...my point is if I have to do that why not hand water her daily..I really like the idea of automating but I only grow 4 plants a year for personal use...and my tent is only 2x4x5...

scott.0691

scott.0691

and if you are in coco you need to be feeding EVERY WATERING. :)

I understand the concept...I have been using a Feed/Water/Feed schedule from the beginning, which I have had very good results with...I do not use CaliMagic because I have well water which has been tested..The reason I have questions concerning the feed everyday concept..I have attached a feed schedule for FloraTrio...comments and suggestions would be appreciated..

Drain to Waste Nutrient Schedule   Photo Period   Copy
scubascrog

scubascrog

6ml micro to 8 or 9 ml bloom ratio, people add epsom to this.

scubascrog

scubascrog

But don't just do it cause i say. Do what works for you right now, if you run into any issues do what you are doing and drop your ppm 75 to 100 ppm and feed once every day.

scott.0691

scott.0691

After much debate and reading (I read a lot) I am going to feed her everyday...and adjust the nutes if she looks like she is getting burned...not too late to make the change..she looks very good..so its not a life or death decision for her...Thank you again for your expertise...I appreciate it..

Top Bottom