Flushing

• Thread starter Ander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Ander

Im in coco and have been flushing for a week n my ppm /ec is stll realy high in my run off goin to be flushing for another week but still dont think its goin to be anuff .any tips on flushing to get rid of nuts

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

So first, you're totally focusing on the wrong thing. How do your plants look?

Second, despite the hype, flushing is really not an important thing. Search my threads for the term VPD, there is a paper that I link there that was recently published which measured the effect of flushing on nutrient chemicals in your bud. The effect was nil. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Flushing did not change the concentration of -anything- in the plant tissue. The essential hypothesis of flushing, that it 'cleans' the bud of nutrients, in addition to being absurd on an a priori basis from a plant biology standpoint, has been demonstrated empirically to be false. So quit stressing about yer freaking ppm, and attend to the other, real needs of the plant, newb. ;-) Keep her healthy, you'll be happy.

The fact that your runoff is still high suggests to me that you have been feeding more heavily than required, and there is still excess fertilizer in your soil, unused by your plants, that is rinsing out. If it hasn't killed them yet, it won't kill them now. Fertilize less next time. Taper off towards the end of flower. Less is more. Nutes are not food for your plant, light is. Nutes are like vitamins, and an excess of vitamins kills things.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Sorry, just read again, you're in coco. If your ppm is high after some time of flushing in coco, I have to suspect that something else is off, like your meter, or the flushing water itself. What does your meter say that the input flushing water's ppm is? What does is measure common bottled water at?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

For your background, I've been growing hydro since 1978. Got a few runs under my belt.

A

Ander

So first, you're totally focusing on the wrong thing. How do your plants look?

Second, despite the hype, flushing is really not an important thing. Search my threads for the term VPD, there is a paper that I link there that was recently published which measured the effect of flushing on nutrient chemicals in your bud. The effect was nil. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Flushing did not change the concentration of -anything- in the plant tissue. The essential hypothesis of flushing, that it 'cleans' the bud of nutrients, in addition to being absurd on an a priori basis from a plant biology standpoint, has been demonstrated empirically to be false. So quit stressing about yer freaking ppm, and attend to the other, real needs of the plant, newb. ;-) Keep her healthy, you'll be happy.

The fact that your runoff is still high suggests to me that you have been feeding more heavily than required, and there is still excess fertilizer in your soil, unused by your plants, that is rinsing out. If it hasn't killed them yet, it won't kill them now. Fertilize less next time. Taper off towards the end of flower. Less is more. Nutes are not food for your plant, light is. Nutes are like vitamins, and an excess of vitamins kills things.
At this stage what are the othere needs of the plant pal .i can see yellowing in them so i know there pulling nuts from leaves now .

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

At this stage what are the othere needs of the plant pal .i can see yellowing in them so i know there pulling nuts from leaves now .
That's perfectly normal. If you're late in flowering, the lower and middle leaves will be yellowing, no matter what the nute situation is. The amount will vary with your strain. You don't want or need to counter this with nutes. If the buds are looking good, and the overall plant looks healthy (leaf attitude, color of the small leaves in the buds), just stay your course.

ladiesbstfrd

ladiesbstfrd

Old man river you went on a rant for nothing over this fellow growers question, that u really never answered, all that extra talk for nothing

Enforcer

Enforcer

Im in coco and have been flushing for a week n my ppm /ec is stll realy high in my run off goin to be flushing for another week but still dont think its goin to be anuff .any tips on flushing to get rid of nuts
I’m assuming you have been just running plain water for a week. I would flush by hand with a leeching agent like Clearx, Florakleen, or Flawless Finish. Then continue with plain water until harvest. If you already have yellowing leaves, you should only need to hit them once.

Top Bottom