Foamboard around bucketlids and bucket spacing questions.

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

4x8 room and it happens they sell sheets of foamboard in 4x8 sheets :) I plan on cutting 6 square holes for my square 5.3 gallon buckets and sliding the board flush with the lids. Ill put the lids on, make it all almost flush, lay the mylar, and cut the holes for the lids, remove buckets tape down mylar, attach mylar to lid, and yea. I will have plenty of circulation in the tent due to exhuast fan and inlet an being above the foam, with plenty of fans.

Im finding that searching for all black tubing, fittings and buckets to be expensive. I want it to be 100% light proof. I realize all the tubing with water will draw light if the res area outside the tent is not light proof also, so that will be taken care of also.

I also need input on how far apart to space the buckets. It will be 6 plants in a 4x8, rdwc top feed. 1 inch supply, 3 inch return.

Here is my parts list too incase you all see an issue here.

602gph electromagnetic air pump
480gph water pump
7 5.3 gallon buckets and 6- 6 inch netpots
3 inch return pvc bulkhead fittings
1 inch feed rubber hose/bulkhead fitting
400ft 2ml mylar
2 -6in 240cfm fans
6 airstones with suction cups
1 - 1000w mh/hps hid tube ballast with junk ass reflector lol

The picture shows the spacing im asking about between buckets. Should I keep them close together under the 1000w or spread them out. About how far apart should these center of each netpot be? Top or bottom in the picture. Buckets are 1ft wide, well 11.5

Untitled
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Maybe do 4 plants instead? Just so you can get them evenly spaced on both sides. Each plant will cover about 4-5 sq ft for a total of 16-25 sq ft, so 4x4-5x5 coverage would be perfect for one 1000w light.

The way you have it, lets say the plants are 1.5 ft over the buckets, it would be about 7x4 ft, which I think the light wouldn't have as much coverage over that type of footprint. I have never grown with rdwc, so I'm not gonna comment on anything else lol.

Either way, you should kill it with that set up, good luck!!

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Maybe do 4 plants instead? Just so you can get them evenly spaced on both sides. Each plant will cover about 4-5 sq ft for a total of 16-25 sq ft, so 4x4-5x5 coverage would be perfect for one 1000w light.

The way you have it, lets say the plants are 1.5 ft over the buckets, it would be about 7x4 ft, which I think the light wouldn't have as much coverage over that type of footprint. I have never grown with rdwc, so I'm not gonna comment on anything else lol.

Either way, you should kill it with that set up, good luck!!

Ill add another light in the 4x8 when it's time for flower. At that time I can stretch the buckets out. So since I want to start 6 under the hid, I should keep them in a 5x4 area for now. Then when flower comes I'll just install the longer pipes at res change. I can double the spacing between them at flower, add another 1k hid, low stress, and top so they fill in the new space?

6plants veg in 4x5 flower in 4x8. I'm using bulkheads and will have the pipes read to roll. Shouldn't take me but 30 min to do it. The infeed is hose so I'll just leave extra. Should just be two pipes. I imagine I'll save money doing it like this every grow being I won't use the second light until flower.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Ill add another light in the 4x8 when it's time for flower. At that time I can stretch the buckets out. So since I want to start 6 under the hid, I should keep them in a 5x4 area for now. Then when flower comes I'll just install the longer pipes at res change. I can double the spacing between them at flower, add another 1k hid, low stress, and top so they fill in the new space?

6plants veg in 4x5 flower in 4x8. I'm using bulkheads and will have the pipes read to roll. Shouldn't take me but 30 min to do it. The infeed is hose so I'll just leave extra. Should just be two pipes. I imagine I'll save money doing it like this every grow being I won't use the second light until flower.

Damn, looks like you already had all that planned out, I think that is a great idea. Are you gonna start a diary on the grow? I would love to see a classic HID grow again, haven't seen that in a while round here lol.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Damn, looks like you already had all that planned out, I think that is a great idea. Are you gonna start a diary on the grow? I would love to see a classic HID grow again, haven't seen that in a while round here lol.
I wasnt for sure if I would have to run 2 or not, im thinking I will have to at flower. . Obviously I should just run both now and do 8 plants, but im on a limit, and dont want to run that extra light for 2 months if I dont need to. So 6 plants in a 4x8 under 2 1000w mh and hps, I think they gonna be massive.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I wasnt for sure if I would have to run 2 or not, im thinking I will have to at flower. . Obviously I should just run both now and do 8 plants, but im on a limit, and dont want to run that extra light for 2 months if I dont need to. So 6 plants in a 4x8 under 2 1000w mh and hps, I think they gonna be massive.

I think adding the 2nd light during flower would work the best. Especially if you already have and know exactly how to extend the pipes in 30 min. In a 4x8 you will need 2 lights, if you keep 1 light your yield will suffer, tremendously. Two 1000w in a 4x8 is perfect.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I think adding the 2nd light during flower would work the best. Especially if you already have and know exactly how to extend the pipes in 30 min. In a 4x8 you will need 2 lights, if you keep 1 light your yield will suffer, tremendously. Two 1000w in a 4x8 is perfect.
I will use rubber connectors to change out the two middle pipes after veg. As for my foam board looks like I'll have two. One for. Veg bucket impressions and one for flower.

Sounds like all I need to do is figure out my exhaust. Fan inside or outside tent lol.. Then do I vent this amount of heat to my attic, or just strait out the side wall and outside. I imagine I'll just use one of those dryer vent flanges for the outside lol.

Just dropped 300 on Amazon for supplies. Building room this week and hanging light. By then the rest of my stuff should be here. Oh fun fun. Would have been so much cheaper to just go with soil. Yolo

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Lucky you, I am looking for a location right now to build a room, hopefully I find something soon.

If you vent into the attic, you have to think about moisture. Outside would probably be better, or into another room.

Yes, soil is cheaper, but hydro will get you bigger yields, quicker.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Lucky you, I am looking for a location right now to build a room, hopefully I find something soon.

If you vent into the attic, you have to think about moisture. Outside would probably be better, or into another room.

Yes, soil is cheaper, but hydro will get you bigger yields, quicker.
So my humidity outside the room is 45, inside is 50 lol. . i dont use a humidifier. I need to test my attic cause my current plants vent up there lol. I dont think a slight increase would matter. Now if I was up to 80% humidity or even 70%, yea. . 50 might be too much. . dunno. Ill take a peek when i gather the willpower.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

So my humidity outside the room is 45, inside is 50 lol. . i dont use a humidifier. I need to test my attic cause my current plants vent up there lol. I dont think a slight increase would matter. Now if I was up to 80% humidity or even 70%, yea. . 50 might be too much. . dunno. Ill take a peek when i gather the willpower.

Yea, 50% seems like a normal amount of RH.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Welp here we go. Not an ideal access point for flower, but I'll have a big door by then. Dumb clothes rack will be gone by then.

Going to get some plywood now for the walls. Heard that shit gonna be expensive lol.

Top Bottom