Fogponics (the making of)

• Thread starter Clansman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clansman

Clansman

I began with a 26 gallon tote and painted the lid matte black as it was yellow and allowed light thru. I fastened a vacuum hose adapter high above the planned waterline.
Fogponics the making of
Fogponics the making of 2
The main fog line a 2 1/4 “ vacuum hose attaches here. It is reduced and split to feed into 4 individual root zone containers.
Fogponics the making of 4
An 80 mm fan with a speed controller will be mounted directly opposite the fog line. Control of the fog/ fresh air mix will be determined by a humidity switch.
Fogponics the making of 3

The control panel is 16x16” plastic peg board that I trimmed to fit into the lid all the control and monitoring equipment will be mounted here. I should have the rest of the equipment I’m waiting on and will be able to do some small tests with it before months end. Can’t wait to see it in action.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I began with a 26 gallon tote and painted the lid matte black as it was yellow and allowed light thru. I fastened a vacuum hose adapter high above the planned waterline. View attachment 894137View attachment 894138 The main fog line a 2 1/4 “ vacuum hose attaches here. It is reduced and split to feed into 4 individual root zone containers. View attachment 894158An 80 mm fan with a speed controller will be mounted directly opposite the fog line. Control of the fog/ fresh air mix will be determined by a humidity switch. View attachment 894156
The control panel is 16x16” plastic peg board that I trimmed to fit into the lid all the control and monitoring equipment will be mounted here. I should have the rest of the equipment I’m waiting on and will be able to do some small tests with it before months end. Can’t wait to see it in action.

Build looks solid. Curious to see this in action!!!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Good luck with this. The IDEA makes sense, but reality is whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Creating a nutrient rich fog requires a electronic fogging device that is semi submerged in order to create the fog. It vibrates at a very high speed to create the fog, The high vibration produces a lot of heat (which probably destroys any nutrient value) . Also, these devices are NOT designed for much above 200ppm or the ceramic discs, which are in contact with the nutrient solution are quickly destroyed. . Believe me I know.

The best is HPA = high pressure aeroponics. It works, but it is somewhat convoluted

After trying both of these methods, I went to simple bubblers to start the plants then move to F & D to grow and finish

Clansman

Clansman

That may very well be the case. You never really know with some thing like this until you give ur ideas a go. I’m hoping to atleast make a little progress in the concept. Well see.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
That may very well be the case. You never really know with some thing like this until you give ur ideas a go. I’m hoping to atleast make a little progress in the concept. Well see.

Good luck to ya. A couple of people have been down this road in the past. The problem you deal with is once you get a root mass is the fog penetrating to the middle of the ball vs the outside. Why most people opt for HP sprayers. It has been done successfully in that past with smaller plants or really big rez's and LOTS of fog. Like 32 gal trash can per plant and a couple discs each.

Top Bottom