Foliar Feeding do's and dont's

• Thread starter spidermite king
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Yes, but I'm not sure how that would conflict with using kelp.

Click, I sure in hell hope these aren't RAs! I'm going with the assumption that what I have are FGs because what I notice are flyers, and they started right away with very low numbers from the get-go. So, I'm continuing to approach them as FGs. Otherwise, if I'm wrong, I'm gonna be chasing my ample tail.
Should be fairly easy to distinguish..RA flyers are hella bigger, and the flight pattern is a definite give away. Fun gas gnat=lazy, slow, lethargic flight pattern..RAs=very fast, "zig zaggy" pattern.

squiggly

squiggly

Yes, but I'm not sure how that would conflict with using kelp.

Click, I sure in hell hope these aren't RAs! I'm going with the assumption that what I have are FGs because what I notice are flyers, and they started right away with very low numbers from the get-go. So, I'm continuing to approach them as FGs. Otherwise, if I'm wrong, I'm gonna be chasing my ample tail.

Use sticky traps and a scope--they are easy to tell apart under magnification.

Here's what I do:

1. Use sticky traps for any fliers.

2. When I catch on on the trap I cut out square of the trap containing the bug.

3. I affix this square to a sheet of paper that goes in the bottom of a box

4. Identify the bug with a scope and name it on the sheet of paper.

5. Profit.

My own personal bug collection to make identification that much easier. Bugs keep this way for a long time. Unfortunately I don't have a pic as my box got lost in my last move--but you get the picture (something the size of a shoe box is perfect).

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

aww man squiggly you gotta find that box and throw up a pic great idea.....Azamax has a decent poster of critters!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do they? I do have (yellow) sticky traps up for monitoring, and what I do is take pix using the macro feature of my camera. So far my ID is fungus gnats, but you never know when that may change. New sticky traps are in my near future. :D

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Do they? I do have (yellow) sticky traps up for monitoring, and what I do is take pix using the macro feature of my camera. So far my ID is fungus gnats, but you never know when that may change. New sticky traps are in my near future. :D
Hey Sea, was do they to me? If it was then yes they do, Azamax has an intense poster that they offer Stores its huge and has great blown up pics but i dont know how many of those critters are a threat to Cannabis, ive only encountered root aphids, fungus gnats, and miniature little transparent green grasshopper....and the larvae of all the above and thats it the rest has gone through my grows undetected, i dont measure my success by yield so i may have been dealing with pest that i dont catch i really dont get down to the nitty gritty unless i know for sure i didnt jack the environment or soil, most my problems come with me killing the soil somehow or messing up the attempt to control environment........i usually rinse foliars hours after or no longer than a day after applying , and i rinse with either well water or ro...peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, to you, regarding the bug ID thing.

:D

You rinse your foliars...? I treat them like leave-in conditioners for the most part.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

well the only reason why i need to is for prevention of misdiagnosis i have found residues on practically all my foliars even some well waters so i rinse now instead of freaking when i see weird stuff on leaf and im in dry dry climate and vented so its easy for me to come back down to a 60 or 70 rh in veg or 40 to 20 rh in flower

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

leave in conditioner is a perfect example your hair follicles are only going to open up so much if at all and when they do you condition then wait and rinse with cold water or not hot water too close up at all follicle and leave in is plastic basically coating the hair if at all.....they make barbers learn that for master barbers license i dont get it but learned it for barbering lol

J_Leisey

J_Leisey

If you currently have a deficiency surfacing on your plant I recently mixed a solution of 3ml Calmag+ and 1 gallon of distilled water, PH'd at 5.80 for a struggling 2 week old seedling that was showing stress very early in its life. 4 weeks or later in growth 5ml of CalMag+ per 1 gallon of distilled water is perfect. After nearly a week of lightly spraying her foliage 2 different days and a couple heavy sprays into the coco coir at same time for good measure, I now am seeing her start to rebound which really helped me feel better because I had realized I forgot to pretreat my coco coir perlite mix with a low calmag and fox farm snack for early seedling development. I will say be extremely careful if you are doing a hydro coco coir grow with bottled nutes. Use a 1/2 or even a 1/3 of the normal dose for that week because it's super easy to burn your young crop if your not checking your vitals like ph, ec, tds, ppm, ppt, temp and runoff etc. Seeds also have all the nutes they should need for first 2 to 3 weeks of growth. We are only going for a pre optimised soil and **2 herbseamless transition of food for your seedling. My recommendation is too rinse and strain your coir before doing 2 - 8 hour covered soaks in a ph'd baby nute mix before planting your seeds or seedlings. Never reuse your soak solution! It also filters some of the very fine coir and stuff you dont want because water logging sucks. Just do a run off test on each pot etc before planting so that you have perfect environment for your babies to thrive and your first set of notes for that cycle!!!

Received 352187462558244
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Dirty white boy do you use a sprayer or fogger/atomizer. The reason I ask is I have a garden that would be a PITA to do with a pump sprayer. Thanks

For a large outdoor garden you gotta check out cheap hose end sprayers, I have a an atomizer also, but the 10$ hose end sprayer is my go to.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I use Dr Bs peppermint castile soap as a wettener. Can anyone tell me if the peppermint is counter productive to what the kelps doing for the plant? Just want to make sure the peppermint is safe in conjunction w the kelp. Appreciate the insight guys and gals.

I use essential oils and kelp together no problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom