Foliar Pack & Bug Question

• Thread starter smokin jay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokin jay

smokin jay

High All, I am a new member here but long time reader. I am a caregiver here in CO and have been experiencing some bug problems. I have been using Met-52 and Mycotrol to some degree of success but recently I have switched to the OG Biowar and my plants unfortunately have taken a turn for the worse. I was under the impression that it has Bti, Met-52, Mycotrol, and Spinosad in the foliar pack, however I don't see these in the ingredient list. PLEASE DONT think I came to hate on anything or anybody I'm sure I'm missing something. I googled the ingredients and didn't see anything that corresponded with being a form of the aforementioned ingredients. Why would they not be listed? It seems like it would be a really good selling point to list these. Like I said I'm sure I am missing something, not hating on anything, just came here to get help and information. I have seen a lot of success stories using Caps packs so I bought a kilo of each. Thanks Cap for that awesome effin discount. Now to address the bugs! What I thought to be root aphids appears to be more of a bulb mite for there are no tailpipes. I can get a glimpse of them in my 30x microscope and I recently bought a USB 200x microscope but I had to buy a conversion cable, that I am still waiting on, to hook it up to my tablet and take pics. I will get those up as soon as it arrives and I figure out how to post them lol. I read the bulb mite thread and well I am a little worried that this is what I have. This would make sense as to why the foliar pack isn't working, but as I said before I was having some degree of success using Mycotrol and Met-52. Can I use a double dose of full strength Foliar Pack? I completely shut down one grow site and I am trying to win this battle at my other location. I found a good source for Hypoasis Aculeifer mites and supposedly they will take care of both root aphids and bulb mites. Is the Foliar pack compatible with these beneficial mites? When I shut down location 1 I took out the Ebb n Gros that I was using and I am going to go with coco and perlite after I clean the whole grow with the cleaning methods used in the bulb mite thread. I am using roots soil and coco/perlite at location 2. I had been running aeroflows at location 2 but I pulled them out and put them in the soil and coco strictly as an experiment to try and conquer this plague while also testing various methods of control. I am going to order beneficial mites as soon as I can find out if they are compatible with these other biological controls. Also could I mix my own concoction of spinosad, Bti, Mycotrol, and Met-52 or are these not compatible in their concentrated form? I wont use any chemicals on my grow so don't bother chiming in with those recommendations. I grow medicine for ill patients. No haters please as that is not my intentions here but any constructive criticism is welcome for educational purposes as we are all here to learn. Im not knockin Caps products! I can see the fungi growing on top of my medium so I know his stuff is awesome. Thanks in advance for your help and info. SJ

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
welcome to the farm :D Bump for your question..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
High All, I am a new member here but long time reader. I am a caregiver here in CO and have been experiencing some bug problems. I have been using Met-52 and Mycotrol to some degree of success but recently I have switched to the OG Biowar and my plants unfortunately have taken a turn for the worse. I was under the impression that it has Bti, Met-52, Mycotrol, and Spinosad in the foliar pack, however I don't see these in the ingredient list. PLEASE DONT think I came to hate on anything or anybody I'm sure I'm missing something. I googled the ingredients and didn't see anything that corresponded with being a form of the aforementioned ingredients. Why would they not be listed? It seems like it would be a really good selling point to list these. Like I said I'm sure I am missing something, not hating on anything, just came here to get help and information. I have seen a lot of success stories using Caps packs so I bought a kilo of each. Thanks Cap for that awesome effin discount. Now to address the bugs! What I thought to be root aphids appears to be more of a bulb mite for there are no tailpipes. I can get a glimpse of them in my 30x microscope and I recently bought a USB 200x microscope but I had to buy a conversion cable, that I am still waiting on, to hook it up to my tablet and take pics. I will get those up as soon as it arrives and I figure out how to post them lol. I read the bulb mite thread and well I am a little worried that this is what I have. This would make sense as to why the foliar pack isn't working, but as I said before I was having some degree of success using Mycotrol and Met-52. Can I use a double dose of full strength Foliar Pack? I completely shut down one grow site and I am trying to win this battle at my other location. I found a good source for Hypoasis Aculeifer mites and supposedly they will take care of both root aphids and bulb mites. Is the Foliar pack compatible with these beneficial mites? When I shut down location 1 I took out the Ebb n Gros that I was using and I am going to go with coco and perlite after I clean the whole grow with the cleaning methods used in the bulb mite thread. I am using roots soil and coco/perlite at location 2. I had been running aeroflows at location 2 but I pulled them out and put them in the soil and coco strictly as an experiment to try and conquer this plague while also testing various methods of control. I am going to order beneficial mites as soon as I can find out if they are compatible with these other biological controls. Also could I mix my own concoction of spinosad, Bti, Mycotrol, and Met-52 or are these not compatible in their concentrated form? I wont use any chemicals on my grow so don't bother chiming in with those recommendations. I grow medicine for ill patients. No haters please as that is not my intentions here but any constructive criticism is welcome for educational purposes as we are all here to learn. Im not knockin Caps products! I can see the fungi growing on top of my medium so I know his stuff is awesome. Thanks in advance for your help and info. SJ

The foliar pack has many microbes that are not on the label. Another farmer here had bulbmites I believe his name was blue dog. I think if you do a search for bulb mites it will come up. It was pretty extensive.

I am pretty sure the FP does not work on them. It does have metarhizium and beavaria, as well as BTi and BTk.... they just aren't listed.

smokin jay

smokin jay

Wavegem

Wavegem

Hey what's up brotha! I have dealt with aphids for a min now and couldn't figure out where they were coming from. These little shits just wouldn't go away. You need to knock them the hell out right away. By you hitting them little here and little there is only pissing them off. Caps bennies do work I use it full strength with great success, but sounds like they have you by the balls right now. A trip to home depot and 20 bucks will have them dead in a few hours.

smokin jay

smokin jay

Hey what's up brotha! I have dealt with aphids for a min now and couldn't figure out where they were coming from. These little shits just wouldn't go away. You need to knock them the hell out right away. By you hitting them little here and little there is only pissing them off. Caps bennies do work I use it full strength with great success, but sounds like they have you by the balls right now. A trip to home depot and 20 bucks will have them dead in a few hours.
They are some kind of mite not a root aphid. They don't have any tail pipes. I am going to try out my new scope tomorrow and I will get some pics up. Putting out some taters tonight to try and attract them for a better view. If you are referring to an Imidicloprid product it is not effective against these. When I scrapped my last grow in my ebb n gro pots I was so pissed off I purchased some merit75 just to murder as many of those little bastards I could. I was tossin them anyway because they were beyond repair. I pulled up a few buckets to see how many bugs I killed and they were just crawling around as if it had no effect. I pulled out the handheld microscope to take a look at them and they have eight legs with no tailpipes. I never noticed the two front legs before they are hard to see and they use them mainly to turn direction. They also move really slow unlike an aphid. I keep yellow monitoring cards out all the time and as big as the colony was I would think that I would have seen a flyer which I never did. If anyone has any suggestions on any type of chemical or organic pesticide to try out I will give it a shot with the test plants I have at my other location and post results. I don't expect them to make it anyway so I might as well make an experiment out of it to find out what might be effective on these bugs for the sake of research.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

You talking about the ortho? I read that the ortho bug killer was effective against RA and bulb mites.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@smokin jay it would be great to keep the bulb mite thread updated with your findings.

smokin jay

smokin jay

Next time I'm in town I will pick up some Ortho and give it a shot. Going to try to put up some pics now. Maybe someone can educate me on how to do that it will save me a ton of time. I was able to get pics and video of springtails, nematodes, mites, and fungi.

Wavegem

Wavegem

You talking about the ortho? I read that the ortho bug killer was effective against RA and bulb mites.

Ya I read somewhere from Jalisco to use bifenthrin and ortho was it. I flushed little over full strength let it sit for a few hours with lights off and flushed it out. No root damage as triazicide almost killed my last run. The trick is to find the ants. My house sucks and they get in, have to do maintenance in the yard spraying and along the house. With the holidays I got lazy and they hit real hard.
I did have good success with your bennies, a few good teas I kept them at bay for a while. Granted I would dump a kilo in 2 55 gal drums
Edit
I did one drench with ortho a little under full strength and instantly picked up greener, waited 2 days checked intensely and found only a few. I just flooded with more than full strength as I noticed some roots exploded so not much damage to the plants. Gonna wait and see. I have to order some met52. 2015 the year with no aphids haha

Last edited:
smokin jay

smokin jay

Good to hear your aphid free! I checked the active ingredient in Ortho and it is Bifenthrin. I live out in the stix so I happened to have some Bifen XTS that I use for ants and ticks around the houses and barns. I put some in two of my plants containers yesterday and they didn't look so good this morning so I flushed them. Hopefully they will perk up. Im going to add more benes tomorrow. Sorry its taking so long to get those videos posted! I have to start a you tube channel then load them here somehow. Been really busy. The wife and I just had another baby boy and she started to get sick after we left the hospital and now has a sinus infection so VERY BUSY I am. Thanks for all your patience and help!

smokin jay

smokin jay

Mites Fungus2 Fungus Fuzzyroot Mites Finally got it figured out. heres some pics. I'm a tard when it comes to this computer type stuff. I'm still trying to figure out how to use this tablet too. I bought it just to use this microscope. I will get some video on here as soon as is it done uploading. Theres only one pic of bugs but it doesn't look near as good as the video I have. The others are fungus and fuzzy root.

Myco

Myco

Thanks for getting the pics up. It's really hard to see in the picture, but the body shape definitely looks different to me than what was posted in the bulb mite thread... Then again, it's extremely difficult to tell, so maybe your video will show them a bit better.

If you need any pointers on getting your video to this thread, just let us know, we'd be glad to help!

smokin jay

smokin jay

I think the videos are too many mb to upload. They are avi and maybe I cant upload these types of files. Any suggestions welcome!

Bombnes

Bombnes

Can you edit the video? If you can take a clip out of the full length and save it the size should be right. If the format is wrong let me know I can have you email me the video and I can convert it and post for you. Let me know

smokin jay

smokin jay

Do you know what type video file can be uploaded to this site? I have a converter to do it but I don't know what to convert it to.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Ya I read somewhere from Jalisco to use bifenthrin and ortho was it. I flushed little over full strength let it sit for a few hours with lights off and flushed it out. No root damage as triazicide almost killed my last run. The trick is to find the ants. My house sucks and they get in, have to do maintenance in the yard spraying and along the house. With the holidays I got lazy and they hit real hard.
I did have good success with your bennies, a few good teas I kept them at bay for a while. Granted I would dump a kilo in 2 55 gal drums
Edit
I did one drench with ortho a little under full strength and instantly picked up greener, waited 2 days checked intensely and found only a few. I just flooded with more than full strength as I noticed some roots exploded so not much damage to the plants. Gonna wait and see. I have to order some met52. 2015 the year with no aphids haha

Yeah the foliar pack will absolutely allow you to harvest like you don't even have RA (I know from experience). In veg though I go nuclear. I will finish off my flower with Foliar pack and then clean the shit out of everything at harvest. In the meantime I will take cuts of all my moms, and root them off site. Kill all moms when plants are rooted, and clean veg room. Apply Merit 75 2x over 10 days while new plants are in small pots and are already well rooted. Go back to weekly tea. Monitor for any RA after that. I have gotten rid of them completely 4 different spots using this method.

Top Bottom