Foliar Sprayed For The First Time Tonight

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

I've had fungus gnats for awhile. I tried using BT donuts and they don't work. I know ogbiowar has BT in it but the stuff I bought at Walmart sucked ass. One day I was checking my roots and I found a couple gnat larva. Nasty, so I ordered the foliar pack. I sprayed tonight and noticed something strange.

Usually when I spray, neem oil or whatever else it is, I see gnats flying around my room. It doesn't matter, they don't seem to care and they just fly around. Tonight I sprayed my entire room with the biowar foliar pack. I noticed that the gnats ran for the hills. After I sprayed, I didn't see one gnat, it's like they are scared of this stuff. It acts like a repellant, one of the bacteria or fungi in the foliar pack keeps them at bay. Has anyone noticed the same thing or am I imagining it?

Tomorrow I'm hitting everything with a root drench!

Chobble

Chobble

Fungus gnats are a major nuisance but not the worst pest you can have. They eat organic matter in your soil, and then move onto plant roots. The adults arn't the real problem its the larvae in the soil.

On top of your foliar treatment you want to drench your soil heavily with the foliar pack to get rid of your infestation. Mind you getting rid of soil born insects is a pretty big task.

Chobble

N

nightmarecreature

After spraying, i only found one flying adult gnat. I usually find several. I hit them with a double dose root drench.
I'll check again in a week and then hit them again and then check one more time. If not, ill resort to chemicals, those things chomp on roots likes its a buffet.

Chobble

Chobble

After spraying, i only found one flying adult gnat. I usually find several. I hit them with a double dose root drench.
I'll check again in a week and then hit them again and then check one more time. If not, ill resort to chemicals, those things chomp on roots likes its a buffet.

What media are you growing in? The Caps should really do the trick with fungus gnats. Just keep applying weekly until they are gone, a lot of chemical "nukes" arn't very good at getting fungus gnats either.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

FGnats won't really even phase a decent sized plant, unless you have an incredibly heinous infestation. They will eat your little clones' roots with a quickness, though, if the larvae get in your rooter plugs.

However, flying adult Root Aphids, which look very much like fungus gnats, will destroy a crop. There's a thread here to distinguish. will drop a link.

urbanfog

urbanfog

noticed them around my patio plants and veggie garden, just did the 2nd blast via my air compressor sprayer and noticed the same thing.....they bolted quick

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Fungus gnats are awful and they do spread disease. You can lose a plant if the fungus gnat causes a diseased trunk. No matter how big the plant is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom