FoN:Apple fritter/trop cherry & Bloom seeds; gallows point with farmlite 240w LEDs organic medium with gaia green

• Thread starter simonkay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
simonkay

simonkay

Got force of nature; apple fritter x RS11 & tropical cherry x RS11
Bloom seed co ; Gallows point.
All potted in jiffy pellets left in dark 1st 24 hrs with lid, the 2nd day (today) lid off near the window for gentle light.

Got some landraces growing under a 240w LEDs bar light @ 5-6k lux (30" away @30%ish power) to test the conditions ahead of the strains above.
Been using a mix of purified water and pond water (90/300ppm respectively)

Waiting on gaia green to arrive with my airpots, and will be using mushroom compost, perlite, vermiculite, ewc, humus, peat moss & some rock dust. ✌️ 1st time growing in a new country with totally different climate so wish me luck nerves already high as i keep staring at my jiffy waiting to see my girls pop out.

Fonapple frittertrop cherry  bloom seeds gallows point with farmlite 240w leds organic medium
Fonapple frittertrop cherry  bloom seeds gallows point with farmlite 240w leds organic medium  2
Fonapple frittertrop cherry  bloom seeds gallows point with farmlite 240w leds organic medium  3
simonkay

simonkay

Finally begging to rise & shine 🤞moved it slightly closer to the light source(about 50ppfd with phone app), will wait for all to pop before moving closer again
IMG 20230313 091106

simonkay

simonkay

IMG 20230314 111819

Moved closer to light last night before lights out and started the morning around 80ppfd then ramped up to around 120 and will hopefully finish on 140ppfd if they look good. Temps stayed around 28°c/70ish RH

simonkay

simonkay

Babies looking stretchy, will have to bury the stems when i transplant, hopefully later today (waiting on rock dust).
Found my phone was off on the ppfd app so added 10% + on calibration to match par chart the light manufacturer provides. Bumped it to 150-160 ppfd (again rough accuracy with phone apps). Got a leaf temp gun, room is 27° leaf is 24.5° so 2.5 diff. Other day was 3° difference so glad i got the gun. Vpd 0.63 today, last night closer to 0.8 but still in good range. Gonna try n bumb the light up for a few hours later to stop the stretching
IMG 20230316 100510

simonkay

simonkay

@Shaded_One hey bro hope all is well✌️
May i ask get your opinion on water please.
My tap is 7.8ph/444ppm the locals say its got salt in it as we're near the ocean so that's a no.
We have osmosis water from machines- 6.5ph/40ppm and naturally filtered pond water 7.0ph/150-170ppm.
I was thinking of mixing the pond and osmosis water to give it an injection of minerals, but is the osmosis water alone enough? 🙏Tia

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

the naturally filtered pond water seems like a perfectly fine option but if you want to play it a little more safe than the osmosis mix would work, I've just always had issues the second I've tried to use any form of RO water by itself even while supplementing micronutrients.

simonkay

simonkay

the naturally filtered pond water seems like a perfectly fine option but if you want to play it a little more safe than the osmosis mix would work, I've just always had issues the second I've tried to use any form of RO water by itself even while supplementing micronutrients.
Yeh i know it can be painstaking to re add minerals to osmosis. What would be a good ppm avg for water? Also im about to pot my jiffys into dixies but i got DE coming in tomorrow (my gaia green pack inc rock dust just arrived 👊) should I wait for the DE or can that wait for a week or 2 when reporting for veg, and should i sprinkle some rock dust into dixies also. Sorry if im repeating myself, been reading tmi last couple days

simonkay

simonkay

Looking good 2 days after transplant, growing nicely. Had a few issues with my inkbird RH controller but it probably helped to let it swing a little higher for the day(70 instead of 65) hopefully start pumping up the vpd closer to 1.0 once the rh is stabilised. Lights bumped up to 200-240ppfd. Temps 25-27c. Trying to keep rh around 60 with no more than 5% upswing.
IMG 20230321 124256

simonkay

simonkay

IMG 20230327 110907

Day 12 from when all seeds popped (day 13 for a few), keeping light 180-220ppfd, RH60-64 temps hit 30°C this week noticed growth slowed, slight taco leaves for 2 days but looking good today notable growth overnight. The room is sealed so added 2x 2lt DIY CO2 bottles to help with heat. Think i was pushing too much vpd too early so took back down to 0.6-8 instead of 0.9+1.0 they look happier for it. Gave 2nd watering 2days ago - ph7.15/116ppm/19°c going in.
Ph7.9/540ppm runoff.
Plants with RED dots are my older landraces, they got a tough start under a 11w t5 one week then 22w blurple 2nd week before real grow lights arrived, hence stretching & slow growth for plants that are around 10days older but are growing nicely atm. (One RED at the bottom of the pic looks droppy i believe its from overwatering slightly but will look into that 2day)
YELLOW dots are landraces i added with my proper genetics and they seem to be holding their own compared to the paid seeds. All dixies were grown under same 240w led @ same time.
@Moshmen just to give you an idea of landraces round here.

simonkay

simonkay

Day15: So i messed up whilst fixing my dry tent by switching lights & not correcting plug timer after, so babies got 22.5 hours light yesterday 1.5 hours dark. Luckily this happened now & not during flower.
One plant showing what could be a mag or iron deficiency (most likely from high ph water causing a lock rather than depletion in soil), other shows lime green leaves at the top curling down with some brown on leaf edges. Both older LR's haven't been fed nutes just watering and relying on soil to feed.

Got sticky yellow/blue fly traps up and they seem to work + growing garlic,mint,neem,lavender and a variety of chillis. Plus using some pine bark and DE so hopefully the pests catch a hint.

All the force of nature and bloom seeds still looking green & healthy vpd avg 1.0 been consistent 30° this week so a bit of heat stress, IR gun shows typical leaf temp 3-3.5°C lower i.e. 26.5/27°. Rh59-63.
Lowered lights today @150ppfd until i water later, yesterday was 230-240ppfd and plants were praying nicely
Due watering today so will make a trip to the cenote (i assume its full of good stuff as it grows super healthy looking lilly pads in the pond).
Will transplant into 1gl airpots as soon as they arrive Monday. (Should've come today but the hydro shop is run by ppl who dont know their head from their arse.
IMG 20230329 223254
IMG 20230324 183113
IMG 20230330 153347

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Epsom salts are your friend :)

1 tablespoon mixed in with water or top dressed per 2 weeks

increase the # of tablespoons as pot size/plant size increases

simonkay

simonkay

Finally out the seedling stage into veg -1gl pots (6air pots 4 plastic) raised off the ground for better airation where i can begin @Shaded_One Gaia Green organic method 🙏
Using mushroom compost/humus/ECW/perlite + vermic/peat/Germinador which is a mix of dirt + coco with added ferts specifically for growing seeds.
Got one runt that never took off, and one thats been mutated and struggling with early stress.
2x240 LEDs @50-60% power giving around 220-260 ppfd. RH61 avg. Temps28-30C- using inkbird ihc200.
Added a Humidifier to help control heat as window AC dries the air quicker than removing heat.
Added 3grams dry seaweed collected locally each to 2 small plants> if it works they catch up if it doesn't i didn't expect much from these chapos 😄.
Picture of the pond with where i "procure" water filled with natures juices- usually ph down to 6.2-6.6 with vinegar.
Still not sure how good my Myco is so i was generous when up potting into 1gals. Lightly sprinkled raizone powder (red tube) which contains auxins/gibs.
Oh and I have half dozen garlics, some neem,juniper, lavender and a mix of 🌵 making me feel more green thumbed.
Special shoutout to; @Shaded_One @SchwiftyGrower @Aqua Man @RootsRuler @2Bad @PipeCarver @CannaGranny @steamroller @PahPahCee for being upstanding members of this wonderful community. Sorry if i missed anyone out but you're all equally great👍
IMG 20230411 125937
IMG 20230411 125912
IMG 20230411 125810
IMG 20230411 125627
IMG 20230406 152539 1
IMG 20230330 180514 1

simonkay

simonkay

Been seeing this on alot of the plants after watering, so will say its still pH issue (fed less than a week ago so no way theyre hungry) been ph'ing around 6.4-6.6. but only watered lightly after the transplant to encourage root growth but next watering will have to saturate till Run off and check ph.
Hindsight would say to do this originally,but opted for the half saturation method 1st couple times to avoid overwatering small plants in big pot plus reduce transplant shock further. Other than that vpd around 0.9-1.0, temps usually sit 29-30°C with avg RH63ish.
Was growing slowly 4-5days after transplant but noticed some good growth this morning so hopefully they cant start flying in autopilot.

IMG 20230417 114021
IMG 20230417 114013

simonkay

simonkay

Hi @Shaded_One aka GTG, would you say these look small for 33+34 DAS? I feel like they haven't grown much since transplanting into 1gl air pots. I only put 2 weeks macro/micros hoping to have a short veg but today is about 11-13 days after GG amendments were mixed in. They need watering today so thinking i will mix in another 2 weeks macro/micros today with water. 🙏

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

When I transplant into larger pots it does take a while for the roots to reach the nutrients etc. Some of your plants look healthy, and others have various other issues. Ones on the left look super hungry and in need of some veg nutes ASAP - ones in the middle almost look like they are getting light burned. Newest growth/closest growth to the light being impacted.

Fully saturate when you water and then do not water them again until the pots are dry/light when you lift them up. Some times the leaves go through some funky phases when the nutrients haven't had a chance to kick in yet and not much you can do about it except grow through it/watch the new growth and ensure its green and healthy.

simonkay

simonkay

When I transplant into larger pots it does take a while for the roots to reach the nutrients etc. Some of your plants look healthy, and others have various other issues. Ones on the left look super hungry and in need of some veg nutes ASAP - ones in the middle almost look like they are getting light burned. Newest growth/closest growth to the light being impacted.

Fully saturate when you water and then do not water them again until the pots are dry/light when you lift them up. Some times the leaves go through some funky phases when the nutrients haven't had a chance to kick in yet and not much you can do about it except grow through it/watch the new growth and ensure its green and healthy.
Thanks GTG, the left plant looking pale is an old landrace im stress testing. Its the airpots I'm really concentrating on. Still tryna find the right distance for a 240w LED quantum board, still not sure if i was giving too much or too little light but i will back off based on what you said.
I opted to half saturate on transplant as the soil always comes super humid (not sure if thats a mexico issue or same in N.America. for example one pots dry weight on transplant day was 2100g but after initial watering(2237 wet) its dry back weight was 2025 without any droop leading me to believe the soils down here are more moist than usual but i dont have experience with soil to say if this is normal.
Will add another 2 weeks micro/macro today plus im gonna add some seakelp/humic(2:5) into some ro water to 150ppm and see if it helps as its meant to stimulate the soil a bit more and helps with stress.

simonkay

simonkay

Thanks GTG, the left plant looking pale is an old landrace im stress testing. Its the airpots I'm really concentrating on. Still tryna find the right distance for a 240w LED quantum board, still not sure if i was giving too much or too little light but i will back off based on what you said.
I opted to half saturate on transplant as the soil always comes super humid (not sure if thats a mexico issue or same in N.America. for example one pots dry weight on transplant day was 2100g but after initial watering(2237 wet) its dry back weight was 2025 without any droop leading me to believe the soils down here are more moist than usual but i dont have experience with soil to say if this is normal.
Will add another 2 weeks micro/macro today plus im gonna add some seakelp/humic(2:5) into some ro water to 150ppm and see if it helps as its meant to stimulate the soil a bit more and helps with stress.
For 2 Weeks;
70/30 -444all purpose/284bloom =1.5 tbs per gallon.
1tbs-Gypsum/Epsom
2tbs- Rock Dust
Does that sound correct

2Bad

2Bad

For 2 Weeks;
1tbs-Gypsum/Epsom
2tbs- Rock Dust
Does that sound correct
Shaded should be able to answer but that sounds like not enough nutes. But wait for response from him. No imminent danger.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

For 2 Weeks;
1tbs-Gypsum/Epsom
2tbs- Rock Dust
Does that sound correct

If you are doing this bi-weekly (every 2 weeks) vs the 4 week blocks then these numbers should be okay :)

This is why I opt to go with fabric pots & high perlite soil mix - I like a fast dry back time!

I would have that 240w light @ about 50% intensity for a week or two and then slowly increase if you see lush growth

Top Bottom