? for Hanna PH/EC pen owners...problems out the box!

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

So have a few quick questions for those that have bought these measurment instruments... Mine in particular is the HI98129 (but that shouldn't matter with these questions).

Picked up 2 from the local hydro shop. Both had a white build-up/residue when you remove the cap. One turned on, one didn't. Went back to ask about these issues- was told-

1. Hanna puts electrodes in salt for shipping to explain white residue build up....Any truth to this? Not much residue, but I'd like to make sure I'm not getting bogus used goods.

2. He said you have to unscrew battery area and remove plastic to activate batteries- sounds logical- but means
a. The one that works is used or
b. The one that doesn't is old stock

Just curious if anyone has had these issues, as its not a big deal for me to return these, get credit, and buy some guaranteed new ones from a reputable online shop....instead of dealing with the hydro shop that can't give me a good straight answer, won't refund the purchase, and will only give in store credit that is only valid the day of return...wtf? Talk about customer service issues. Thanks farmers!

true grit

true grit

Appreciate it but actually they are not- I understand the process of calibration at home and the pre-calibration from the factory, but really just don't feel like paying $160 for used equipment as its obvious these are both in different condition to be NIB.

Basically, I don't have a whole lot of faith in the service I recieve from the local hydro shop, and I wanna make sure I'm getting new Hanna instruments or I will just order online and use their store credit to pick up other prepackaged items I need. Spending $320 on meters is quite a bit to get items that are not NIB quality, and not as big a deal if I could have gotten some straight answers from the hydro folks- but I didn't so you guys are the support net!

Anyone remember pulling these out the box? I hate to sound anal, as I'm sure the one that turns on works fine, but these are products I am investing in and as a business selling them to me, I'd like the most out of my investment and as new a quality of product as possible. Maybe I'm just trippin, and expect better service. Ha.

A

acubus

I'd return them both. Sounds to me like they are both returns. The only reason to keep juice in the cap is so the PH membrane don't dry. From factory no salt is in the solution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom