For My Indoor Air-pot Growers!!!

• Thread starter Lazerus00
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

First, I hope this is an okay place to post this...I haven't been on here in over 1.5yrs and all this tomato eating affects my memory.;)...Okay so for all my fellow growers utilizing Air-Pots in their indoor grow rooms, do you use any cover crop aka living mulch....Or any regular types of mulch? ie; straw, cacao shells, wood chips??

I have been using Air-Pots for a while now but since I had to to takeover a year off of growing canna, most of my experience is with potted flowers such as a bunch of different types of Hoya's and a beautiful Epiphillyum. And neither of those or any of the other plants I've used them for were very heavy drinkers/feeders....NOTHING like cannabis! Anyway so I'm doing my first indoor run since I had to stop and got some lil ones in veg, hoping to start a perpetual harvest but we'll see how it goes. I'm getting off track..even with the small size of the plants now they are SUCKING down the water/food and drying out quickly. I have a Blu-Mat system I could utilize but I really enjoy hand watering and all the contact time I have with each plant to really learn it and record and pertinent information. That being said I'd rather the pots not dry out earlier than 24hrs...Preferably not even for 2 days but I guess I won't be greedy!! LoL..Anyway I have, for a very brief period, tried straw and had mixed results but I think this time I am going to try a "living mulch" and use BAS's 12 seed cover crop mix I happen to have left over from using them on my outdoor crops! I was hoping some fellow growers might have some insight or experience with any of this??? Anybody???? LoL...Feel free to chime in with any info/questions/general ideas...Mi thread e' su thread!!

mandalaman

mandalaman

What size airpot are you using? And how much are you watering? I had no issues with super soil in 5g airpots going a few days before drying up. No cover crop

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

First, I hope this is an okay place to post this...I haven't been on here in over 1.5yrs and all this tomato eating affects my memory.;)...Okay so for all my fellow growers utilizing Air-Pots in their indoor grow rooms, do you use any cover crop aka living mulch....Or any regular types of mulch? ie; straw, cacao shells, wood chips??

I have been using Air-Pots for a while now but since I had to to takeover a year off of growing canna, most of my experience is with potted flowers such as a bunch of different types of Hoya's and a beautiful Epiphillyum. And neither of those or any of the other plants I've used them for were very heavy drinkers/feeders....NOTHING like cannabis! Anyway so I'm doing my first indoor run since I had to stop and got some lil ones in veg, hoping to start a perpetual harvest but we'll see how it goes. I'm getting off track..even with the small size of the plants now they are SUCKING down the water/food and drying out quickly. I have a Blu-Mat system I could utilize but I really enjoy hand watering and all the contact time I have with each plant to really learn it and record and pertinent information. That being said I'd rather the pots not dry out earlier than 24hrs...Preferably not even for 2 days but I guess I won't be greedy!! LoL..Anyway I have, for a very brief period, tried straw and had mixed results but I think this time I am going to try a "living mulch" and use BAS's 12 seed cover crop mix I happen to have left over from using them on my outdoor crops! I was hoping some fellow growers might have some insight or experience with any of this??? Anybody???? LoL...Feel free to chime in with any info/questions/general ideas...Mi thread e' su thread!!
The frequent waterings is a good thing. Those ladies really thrive when air can get to the roots.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@mandalaman .. its not really a problem...just looking for info/experience with mulching, living or otherwise, in Air-Pots. Watering everyday is not a problem for me, I just wanna make sure the plant is as happy as possible and that I'm doing everything I can to make sure of that..=)
:):smoking::ninja:

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

The frequent waterings is a good thing. Those ladies really thrive when air can get to the roots.
I know, I enjoy watering often as well! The thread is really about finding out if ANYONE is mulching with a living cover crop or straw/wood chips!!

Oh and @mandalaman All my seedlings start off in the 1 liter air-pot then go to 1 gallon (red bottoms) for veg and 3 gallon (yellow bottoms) for flower

Organikz

Organikz

I'm going to be honest. Build a soil is based around no till gardening. Cover crops are designed for large containers where we need roots to fill voids in vegetation and bioactivity will continue between cycles. Super soil grows don't require them.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I'm going to be honest. Build a soil is based around no till gardening. Cover crops are designed for large containers where we need roots to fill voids in vegetation and bioactivity will continue between cycles. Super soil grows don't require them.

I understand that use of cover crops but there are others. And I don't grow with super soil....

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Organikz .....I'm confused are you growing in Air-Pots?

Organikz

Organikz

@Organikz .....I'm confused are you growing in Air-Pots?
No I'm in a 150g fabric planter. Cover crop serves as a long term soil builder. If you want to run it go for it but as soon as the canopy covers the cover crop it dies back. In no till it returns once the plants have been chopped and the process repeats. I can see it being beneficial but not beneficial enough if you're tilling or dumping if u know what I mean.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

No I'm in a 150g fabric planter. Cover crop serves as a long term soil builder. If you want to run it go for it but as soon as the canopy covers the cover crop it dies back. In no till it returns once the plants have been chopped and the process repeats. I can see it being beneficial but not beneficial enough if you're tilling or dumping if u know what I mean.
i understand now, thank you for taking a sec to explain it better! Well in that case it will prolly be better to stick with a non-living mulch such as straw or just often top dresses of barley, compost, ewc, grokashi/bokashi, ect ect

Organikz

Organikz

Hell yah. Top dress is the way to go. Dead mulch will benefit you big time. Cocoa bean shells are awesome. They sell organic on amazon. It's the same brand as build a soil. Excellent fungal growth.

I laughed my ass off when someone tried to use it in their yard and they were complaining about the goats beard mold which is a good sign on the reviews. You almost want to comment that's because it's for indoor cannabis grows dummy!

Barley straw is also awesome. If you do end up going with cocoa bean shells rinse them off. People say they add salt to keep the mulch dry in packaging.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hell yah. Top dress is the way to go. Dead mulch will benefit you big time. Cocoa bean shells are awesome. They sell organic on amazon. It's the same brand as build a soil. Excellent fungal growth.

I laughed my ass off when someone tried to use it in their yard and they were complaining about the goats beard mold which is a good sign on the reviews. You almost want to comment that's because it's for indoor cannabis grows dummy!

Barley straw is also awesome. If you do end up going with cocoa bean shells rinse them off. People say they add salt to keep the mulch dry in packaging.
thank you thank you thank you...yea i got a big bag of that cocao shell mulch a few months before buildasoil started carrying it bc I got the idea from the grokashi website....Also thinking of planting some areas of comfrey, dandelion, stinging nettle, ect bc I can't find much "wild" around me and not having a car make traveling to parks at dawn near impossible.....I figure besides ebing able to make FPJ and such I can also just grab some green growth from the weeds, shred 'em and top dress with em

Latest posts

Top Bottom