For those with Dogs.

• Thread starter Saul.Goodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
I signed my baby guuuurl Sage (Rottweiler) up with for this Not-for-profit (NFP) study called the "Dog Aging Project".

Basically what this organization does is collects data on dogs as they age. This data is used for differentially defining the longevity of our furry companions.

They do require a lot of data on your furry friends, vet records, social behaviors, exercise, play, experiences, etc...

Anyways I enrolled my Rotty Sage when I first got her. I am sure she came from a puppy mill at a cost of $300 for a pure bred Rotty (Solid lineages go for $1500-$2000). Solid lineages means little to no inbreeding.

The NFP sent me a DNA kit to have her genomes checked at no cost to me. Sure enough, my baby guuuurl is 99.9% Rotty.

Does this mean she wasn't inbred? No. She came to me with hook worms, round worms and giardia...I likely saved her life by getting her.

I personally felt like this NFP is actually doing something by collecting the data they do. Monitoring specific breeds from any number of different owners and life styles to see how it impacts their life longevity.

Anyways, Sage is 99.9% Grumbling Rotty.

Screenshot_20211123-203026~2.jpg

On a scale of 0 to 100 she shows signs of inbreeding at 33 which is low but at some point there was some inbreeding in her lineage.

I mean these folks have a purpose and provide free data on our furry friend. If you have a dog, I would highly encourage you to sign em up.

Of you have questions about it, let me know. I've been a member for three years now.

oLd1

oLd1

Right now I’m looking for a puppy that is going to be small. I have a Beagle getting older she is 13.

oLd1

Top Bottom