For Vegging ... 1000w or 600w

• Thread starter digging
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

digging

I am getting ready to set up a room just for vegging, as the plants will be used for taking clones from, not for flowering.

I would like to grow 100 plants. Would i be better to go with 3 of 1000w or 5 of 600w.

Again please keep in mind I am only wanting to veg not flower.

Thanks for your help.

B

Bobby Smith

Too many variables are left out - are you aircooling your lights?

If so, I'd go for simplicity and 3 1Ks...........if you're not aircooling them, 5 600s would allow you more flexibility in your setup and be more efficient (you're not ALWAYS gonna need all 3K watts, so you can turn them off when they're not needed).

I'd go with the 5 600s personally.

Not totally off topic, the title of my construction thread is "4 600s or 3 1Ks" where I had to struggle with the same question - kinda different because mine's for a vertical octagon, but still the same question - I went with 4 600s.

C

cindy99 king

i would use 5 400 watt metals,i myself have a room with 15 mothers in it, i only use 3 400,but i dont wont them to grow to quick.save a bit elect as well.

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

If you are even considering using 1000's then I would go with a digital SWITCHABLE ballast. I wish both of my 600s were digital so I could dim them down evenly for veg. This way you could also start them off small and not HAVE to blast them with the 1000.

;) Enjoy and have a great day.

A

antimatter

1000w mag ballasts reliable as f*ck, and toss in a smaller wattage light for mothers, digis are a waste of money bulb/ballast blowing pieces of shit if you think there gonna improve your setup with digis your out to lunch and have just been fooled by the money machine that is the hydroponic industry. We exist solely to put money back into the biz, more expensive crap is the name of the game.

S

Skuff

i would use 5 400 watt metals,i myself have a room with 15 mothers in it, i only use 3 400,but i dont wont them to grow to quick.save a bit elect as well.

This ^

5\6 400s would be plenty. Less heat and consumtion as well

Latest posts

Top Bottom